Dreams Come True

Lovely Fan

 

 


Nobody’s POV

 

“We’re back!” Suho called out the other boys when he arrived at Kris’ room. The boys were quick at their feet, staring at the door with excited faces. “When food is here…” Kris rolled his eyes, laughing as he walked to the door to help Suho. “That was fast.” He commented, taking one bag in his hands. When he looked up again, he noticed that the manager and Suho were wearing an extremely happy expression on their faces.

He raised one of his brows and stared at the two men. Only then did he notice another presence behind their manager. Recognizing who she was, his eyes widened.

Xiumin went running to help them too. Unlike Kris, he noticed her right away. His steps halted and he wore a confused look on his face. Xiumin and Kris shared a look while Suho wiggled the bags in his hands.

“Yes, yes, she’s here. Won’t you guys help out already?” Manager hyung pledged. Xiumin and Kris stared back at Haerin before looking at each other again. Haerin said something to the manager hyung but he shook his head. Slowly, Kris scoffed and nudged Xiumin. They grabbed the plastic bags and put the food Suho and manager hyung bought in the middle of the room. Luckily, the room was spacious enough for all of them.

“What’s with the look on your face?” Lay asked Kris. Kris looked at Chanyeol and had this very evil smirk on his face.

“What, hyung?” Chanyeol looked up from digging through the bag. Xiumin shook his head but still chuckled lightly to himself. How evil are Suho and their manager to actually bring the girl there.

“Okay, let’s gather here in the middle. Sehun, D.O, sit down. Tao, you sit down too. Look at what hyung had brought for you guys.” Manager hyung called the boys out. They dispersed into their respective seats and started munching on whatever they saw.

“Haerin-ssi, you can come in.” Suho smiled warmly. He turned around to look at the door and craned his neck when no one was at sight. The other boys stared at each other with confused look crossed over their faces.

“Haerin who?” Baekhyun asked. Chanyeol nodded as he drank the beverage Xiumin had brought earlier. There was no sign of anyone in front of the door. Their manager hummed in confusion and nudged Suho. Suho got up from his seat and walked outside of the room.

“Hyung, what are you talking about?” Tao expressed his fear. “There’s no one there.”

“Come on, don’t be shy.” Suho chuckled. Haerin took a step back and shook her head. “It’ll be fine. We won’t do anything to you.” Haerin seemed reluctant but she shuffled her feet closer to the leader. Suho nodded as he grabbed Haerin’s hand toward him. He then pulled her inside. After doing so, he closed the door behind them.

In a blink, Chanyeol had spat all the content in his mouth. Everyone yuck-ed at him while the manager almost rolled to the floor, laughing. Sehun gagged when most of the drinks spattered on his face. Haerin eyes were glued to Chanyeol and she blushed at his clumsiness.

Sehun ran away from Chanyeol’s side while D.O quickly gave him and Chanyeol tissues to clean themselves. Chanyeol was still recovering from choking so D.O was the one who cleaned the mess he did.

“Oh wow! Our sis-in-law,” Baekhyun got up and smiled at the girl. He reached out for her other hand as Suho released her grasp to take his seat. “Do come in.” He ushered her toward the middle of the room and pulled her to sit with them. Suho closed the door and went to sit with them as well.

“Haerin?” Chen asked her, “So your name is Haerin?”

She nodded slowly. Forcing a smile, she sat there awkwardly, rubbing the back of her head. ‘In front of me is EXO. All 12 of them.’ she sighed quietly. Chanyeol looked at her and thought to himself—Haerin is the name.


 

Your POV

“Excuse me,” A man’s voice called out to me. I looked behind me and saw Suho. I gapped and quickly stood up to face him. I pulled out my earphones and put my phone back in my pocket. I raised my gaze to meet his eyes again. Suho smiled and unknowingly, I smiled back.

 “Aren’t you the girl in the elevator just now?” EXO’s manager was with him too. I was still staring at the two of them when I realized that he was asking me a question. I nodded my head and fiddled with my hands. Well, isn’t this awkward? I blushed at the thought of the incident inside the elevator earlier.

“Would you like to join us for a little party in our room?” He invited me. My eyes widened at his words and I stood there, still stunned. There’s no way that I would survive in the same room with EXO. After thinking about it, I shook my head.

“Don’t worry about it. Since you’re a Korean, that is why, we, as fellow Koreans should help you as well. Aren’t you travelling alone?” The manager invited. I nodded at his question and bit my bottom lips.

“That’s great! You’d definitely join us, right?” Manager oppa pushed my back slightly and signaled me to follow Suho who was already walking away. I shifted my feet awkwardly to follow their steps and looked back at the manager.

“But—”

“It’s fine. You can call it something like a mini fan meeting.” Suho smiled. When I finally snapped out of my thoughts, I noticed that we were already inside the elevator. Sighing, I couldn’t stop thinking about all the antis going against me if they found out about this.

The door closed and we stayed there awkwardly for a moment. I wanted to laugh but I was still thinking about the thousands of threats I’d received from their fans. Suho tried to press the button to their floor but he had too much in his hands. And so was their manager so I volunteered to press it for them.

“16,” Suho told me and I pressed as he said. The elevator dinged and I stepped to a small corner in the box.

“You know me, right?” Suho asked after a moment of silence passed between the three of us. I shyly nodded. It is impossible not to know who the leader of EXO-K is.

“What about me?” Manager oppa asked. I smiled shyly and nodded too. They laughed at me—knowing for sure that I am a fan of EXO. I was still looking at the floor—didn’t know how to react to the entire situation.

“But the thing is that I don’t recall knowing your name yet.” Suho said. I looked at him with disbelief. ‘Did Suho just ask my name?’ I tried to stay as calm as I could. “It’s Haerin. Choi Haerin.”

 “How old are you, Haerin-ssi?” He asked again.

“I just graduated from high school.” I replied softly.

“So you’re 19 then?” I just nodded at the question. ‘Please, elevator-nim. Can you please stop now?’ I stared nervously at the door and sighed. Why did it take too long to reach to the floor?

“I’m your oppa then. You’re the same age as Sehun so that makes you his friend, right. You can just call him Sehun-ah later.” He smiled. I nodded, as if I was receiving some life lesson from someone important. The elevator then stopped and I just followed them out.


 

“Haerin?” Luhan tried to start a conversation. I snapped back from my thoughts and looked at him. Great, my second huge bias, Lulu was talking to me too. “What does your name means?”

“E-eh?”

“Geez, Luhan. Don’t ask her that kind of question.” Xiumin said and grabbed a bite of the hamburger Suho had bought.

“What question should I ask her then, baozi?” Luhan snorted at him. I stared at the boys and squealed inside. It was indeed true that Luhan would tease Xiumin like this. I flapped my feet a bit, quite excited. No, who was I kidding? I was terribly excited!

“Hyung should ask her something like this.” Baekhyun started. We all stared at him. I waited for his question but cringed when I saw his sly face. “Haerin, do you like Chanyeol?”

It was silent. Everyone had their sole attention on my reaction—even Chanyeol himself. I tried to clear my throat. “I…” They were still waiting. I shrugged and looked at Suho, trying to fish out his sympathy. He shrugged and quietly drank his coke. “Let’s drink.” I laughed, trying to avert everyone’s attention.

Chen chuckled and raised his can at me. “She surely is good at avoiding our million-dollar question.” With that, everyone decided not to push me too hard. They began talking among themselves while Baekhyun continued to try engaging me to his conversation. 

Suddenly, Chanyeol’s voice filled the entire room—ah, this stupid phone! The boys laughed at me while I searched for my phone frantically inside my pocket. “Aishh,” I cursed silently but Baekhyun caught that. He merely chuckled at me. I looked over at Chanyeol who was sitting across me. He smiled and actually looked like he enjoyed me being cornered like this.

I swiped the green button and put the phone in my ear. Listening to the voice on the other side, my eyes widened when I finally recognized it.

“I-I actually need to take this.” I awkwardly faced them. The boys nodded their heads and I got up. I walked to the door and took a final look at them.

“Oh, do you mean like—you’re not coming back here later?” Kris asked. I looked at the phone in my hand and then stared back at them. Slowly, I nodded my head. I flashed a small smile to Chanyeol, hoping that he would understand my secret apology signal.

“I’m sorry but I really need to go now. And, thanks for everything. I really appreciate it.” Biting my lips throughout the whole words, I finally looked away. I couldn’t even look at their faces anymore. Before leaving, I bowed a bit and closed the door behind me.  

With that, I increased my pace to go to my own room. As much as I love hanging out with EXO but family matters come first. Wait—family?