Uncomfortable Lies

Lovely Fan

I haven't update in such a long time but do enjoy reading this :)

 


 

 “Oppa, you do know that they’re staring right?” Haerin pulled back her hand from Chanyeol’s wrap. The boy pouted and stubbornly tugged his girlfriend’s hand again. “They’ll kill me.”

“I won’t let them…and no, they won’t kill you.” he sneered. The luggage he’s holding on his other hand was full of his beach suits as he declared seriously the other day. “I’m so excited that we’re going on this vacation.”

Haerin scoffed and walked into the line. “I can’t stand you, Yeol.”

“Well you have to since we have hours of special bonding time in the plane.” He waved the plane tickets in front of her childishly. “It’s genius thinking that you got us this.” He chuckled. “Then again, it’s your father so…I was about to decline the business class since it’s a bit too much but…”

Haerin fell into a deep thought as Chanyeol continued his words. How will she say that she’s on the verge of a death? Will she go through the useless treatment that would hurt her even more? Even if she agrees, can she have enough strength to stay alive? Could she break his heart during this special vacation?

“You there, Hae?” he waved his hands, squirming his nose. Lately, Haerin has been acting weird. First with the sudden closeness to Lay, then the plane tickets to Hawaii. But Chanyeol knows that it’s best to just trust her. He’ll support her in everything she does. “Please don’t lose hope in me.” he whispered, leaning closer. That’ll keep her from thinking about anything else.

When he did that small action, the fans who were there gasped and so did Haerin honestly. She sent him the ‘what-are-you-doing?’ to him but he just grinned there. In the end, Haerin finally get what he means and nodded. She grasped his hand tighter in return.

“I’m sorry that I kept you from practicing. I know that you’re busy with the comebacks and music shows, award shows—”

“It’s okay. If it’s you, I’m okay with it.” Seeing how she’s stoned at his words, he smiled gently. “I don’t mind losing my dream if it’s you. I lost you once and it had been a living mess. I don’t know what to think anymore. I just acted like a robot—programmed for display. When I see you again, it’s like being resurrected.”

“Come, Hae,” he pulled her when the line goes shorter. It indicates that they need to board on the plane for now. “We have a plane to catch, babe.”

-----------------------------------------------

“Chanyeol oppa,” Haerin turned to the busy-eating boyfriend of hers. His derp features just make him even more attractive, absorbing Haerin in its black hole. He laughed and wiped his mouth.

“It’s not there,” she wiped the ketchup stained with her fingers. Chanyeol froze at the way her delicate cold fingers traced his mouth. It was alluring but somehow, it gives him a hint of her condition right at that moment. “You’re so cold.”

She retreated her fingers and scoffed off. “What do you mean by that?”

“Do I need to turn off the a/c?” he closed the pillar that gave Haerin chills down her spine but she knew—that wasn’t the only reason.

“Oppa,” Hm? Chanyeol looked at her. “There’s a list of things I really want to do.”

“With me?” He suddenly sent her a freaky smile, indicating that he has other things in mind. Haerin cleared and brought him back to their serious state.

“Anyway, I was hoping that you’ll be there with me along the way.” She smiled. It’s not wrong to be just slightly selfish right? After all, it’s not like they’re going to spend more time with each other.

“Okay, let’s hear your list.”

“Listen,” she grabbed a hold of her notebook and held it up.

“1. Find my real parents.” Chanyeol’s eyes widened as he scooted closer but it soon soothed and he chuckled softly. He nodded his head, telling her to continue. He has nothing to say to this, but the urge to just hold her tighter came crashing in. “Then?”

“2. Make Chanyeol and Daehyun befriend each other.” She smiled, of course, the two biggest rival and important men in his life hanging out together will be the most remarkable moment in her life—that if she’s strong enough to stay alive until then. Gathering her courage again, she continued.

“3. Living our first kiss again.” This man him smiling as he snuggled even closer. “I can do this just now.”

Haerin had miraculously spent an hour talking to Chanyeol about this. She was exhausted in the end and was earning for a plain of water. Chanyeol, panicked, and brought all kinds of drinks to her.

“Haerin-ah,” she looked up only to meet another worried gaze. She knew that looks very well. Everyone else who knew about her condition right now sees her like that every single moment—and Chanyeol is the last person she would want to receive it from. “Are you sick?”

She froze. He has it all right. But no, she cannot just spill this to him yet. This thing, this sickness that she has is…complicated. With reckless behaviors, she’ll just risk her life and never see him again. But the payment to treat her is just the same as killing her slowly. She wouldn’t know what to choose and what to do anymore.

“Are you okay, Hae? Are you in pain?”

If she receives the treatment, she can resume back her life—being with her parents, Haejin, Sungra, EXO, Daehyun, and most importantly, Chanyeol. She can’t be without him but the fear of breaking his heart with this is just too much for her.

“I-I’m fine, Chanyeol. Just tired, that’s all.”