Supportive Ones

Lovely Fan

Haerin’s POV

“Choi Haerin,” Sungra came inside my room. I just finished showering and am now making my bed. I looked at her and smiled. “Ah, I was about to wake you up. I thought you were still sleeping like a log.” She joked and flopped herself on the bed.

I sat back next to her. Sungra looked at me and examined myself. I know what’s on her mind; how pathetic I look right now, how sad my life had turned out to be. She’s looking at me with sympathy paste all over her face. “Don’t look at me like that, Sungra.”

“I-I can’t believe It.” she’s on a verge of tears. I wiped away her tears and pulled her into a big hug. “Let’s just forget about it, okay. Just act normal.”

“How could I do that, Hae?” her eyed smile turned into a frown. “It seems impossible to me that my best friend is—,”

“Girls, you guys ready?” my brother poked through the door. Seeing Sungra and I crying, he hurriedly walked in and kneeled in front of me. “What did this retard do to make you cry like this?”

“I didn’t do anything, Haejin.” She argued. I laughed and shook my head. “Can we just go now?” I picked up my bag and lead them to my door.

“I’m so excited!” Sungra beamed again before closing the door behind her.

--------------------------------

“Isn’t that Choi Haerin?”

“Who’s Choi Haerin?”

“Ayy, don’t you know? She’s the heiress that dated our Chanyeol oppa.”

“Omo, you’re right!”

“She looks beautiful…no wonder Chanyeol oppa like her too.”

I closed my eyes as I made my way into the café, flopping myself down next to Sungra and Haejin. Why must they pick a café that is near to SM’s building? Of course, they would be many fans here today, EXO-M just returned from China and that means eye candy time for Exotics to catch a glimpse of their biases.

Sungra smiled as she brought our orders. “Mian, I didn’t think of this before choosing this place.” I shook my head as I gulped down my caramel bubble tea. Chanyeol oppa tried my bubble tea before and he spat it out. I grew silent as I thought about the old days. It’s been 3 months already and he didn’t even call me back and ignore me completely. This time, I didn’t bother to give in since I know, it’s over. It really did.

*Cough* I held my chest as I gulped Haejin’s plain water down. “I told you not to drink sweets anymore.” He nagged and took away my drink. I didn’t care to even fight back since I know, he’s right. “Here, have mine and I’ll drink this…thing.”

“You don’t have to, oppa.*Cough*Just get yourself a new one.”

“Are you sure you don’t want to get treatment, Hae?” I looked down. I know where is this going to take us. This is about me turning down the offer to get last minute treatment to cure myself. But it’s not like it’s going to bring me completely back to health, in fact, I’ll suffer even more.

“Don’t bother, Sungra.” Haejin snapped. “I talked to her thousands times already.”

“But this is for you, Haerin.” She grabbed my hands. I was guilty alright but I know nothing’s going to change my mind. “We just don’t want to lose you.”

Screams were suddenly heard from the entire café. We looked at the attention people gave at the entrance of the café. Oh dear, tell me that this is just a dream. Please God, just wake me up now, I don’t want to face this—not yet. It’s enough to even be in the same room as him last time; this will make me bleed even more.

“Let’s leave if you want.” Haejin pulled me up. Sungra quickly grabbed our stuff as we tried to sneak up, avoiding EXO-K’s attention towards us. We’ll just leave without them knowing our presence there.

“Haerin-ah, is that you?” *Cough* I turned around, only to see Sehun waving at me. And yes, there, I see him again. *Cough* I nodded and simply gave a small nod before continuing trailing behind my brother. The cold air greeted me as I inhaled the outside’s air. “Let’s just go somewhere else.”

--------------------------------

Chanyeol’s POV

“Is she sick or what?” Suho asked as we sat down, a table away from where Haerin was just now. I shrugged off, my attention completely on Haerin’s untouched favorite drink. I know how deadly it was looking at thickness of the milk layer. She didn’t even stir her bubble tea nicely.

‘Hyung,” Sehun nudged me. I looked at him and raised an eyebrow. “They’re talking about how Haerin cheated on you with that man earlier.” I looked around and he’s right; our fans are whispering with each other, glaring at me and the door Haerin had left earlier.

“Who is that dude, anyway?” Baekhyun asked. “Is it true? That’s not Daehyun is it?” I shook my head. I’m wide aware of that man earlier. I talked to him before and he even warned me about Haerin’s well beings. “That’s her oppa, Choi Haejin.”

“Ah,” D.O nodded. “No wonder he looks familiar. We stalked the Choi’s family last time, remember?” I laughed, quite understanding what D.O talked about.

“Are you okay, hyung?” Kai asked. I looked at him before nodding again. You cannot be like this, Chanyeol. Show yourself that you’re strong. You’re the one who asked for the break up anyway. You can’t complain about stuff like this.

“I’m fine, boys,” I tried to be my usual self, the happy and creepy Chanyeol. But, I guess it didn’t work since the boys keep looking at me. 1 minute, 2 minutes, 3, 4, and finally it hit me. I love Haerin and it was a mistake to ever let her go. I rose up from my seat. “Hyung, where are you going?” Kai asked, surprised.

“I-I just need—,” my eyes were already fixed on the entrance.

“Just go,” Suho ordered me. I relaxed and found myself running towards her although I’m not sure if she’s still there. As I stepped out, some girls who passed by shrieked. I was too busy glancing over, looking for her. Of course she left already. Why wouldn’t she be?

“Oppa,” a girl called from behind. I saw a group of fans trying to get close. I mean, we are in Apgujeong after all. It’s crowded in here. “That unnie went inside her oppa’s car. They were saying something about going to COEX mall.”

“Ah, really?” I found myself shaking her hands. “Thank you!”

“B-but, oppa.” I glanced at them again, looking up from my phone after texting Suho hyung on where I’m going. I noticed that it’s now getting more crowded. “Do you really like her?”

Do I really like her? I slowly nodded my head and they aww-ed. That was a bit unexpected since it comes from the fans themselves. “I like her a lot-and um-I’m hoping for you guys to support me.” Will I worsen the situation? I don’t care actually. All I really want now is to be by Haerin’s side. “Ne, oppa. We’ll support you…as long as you’re happy.”

“Now,” one girl shooed me. “Your cab arrived. Go after her!” I mouthed them thanks before taking my leave. I solved one thing. Let’s just hope that Haerin will take me back.