A Bitter Farewell

Lovely Fan

Chanyeol’s POV

“If it was other girl, any OTHER girl, then I would retaliate but her?! She’s Choi Haerin! Didn’t you know that she’s taken?! Did you know how angered her father was?! And he’s even threatening to screw up the business that we had together!” Mr. Lee Sooman’s voice was clear and it knocked my heart badly.

“Chanyeol, do you know how much problem you had created?!” I looked down. The shock from this morning upon hearing the news still lingered around me.

It was going just about smoothly between Haerin and me… but then this happened. I sighed and flopped down the seats. Sooman had left in fire after lecturing me right in our dorm. I can’t blame him though, the news came too sudden. He must’ve been so shocked to even come to our dorm instead of meeting me in the office.

Suho hyung came to me with a worried look on his face. He patted my back. The reality seemed too cruel for me to accept. I must break up with Haerin or my career will end. How could I ever choose between the stage and the girl that I love? I closed my eyes in frustration.

Soon, all the members tried their best to cheer me up, saying that everything’s going to be alright. I couldn’t stand it anymore and wept on D.O. That friend patiently comforted me. All of them did and it hurt me even more; looking at how I was being so weak right now.

……………………………………..

Nobody’s POV

“So, hyung’s breaking up with Haerin?” Sehun whispered to Luhan. Luhan raised his shoulders and shook his head.

“But they’re perfect for each other!” Chen pouted as he took a seat next to Suho. “Poor Chanyeol,”

Kris just got back from Chanyeol’s room and sat there too.

“How was it, Ge?” Tao nudged him. Kris shook his head too. The others grunted.

“They’re just starting to get along again,” this time Kai voiced. Suddenly, the door bell rang. The boys looked at each other before Xiumin went to answer the door.

“Who would’ve visited us this late?” Suho asked Kris as he too stood up and walked towards the door. The two boys froze by the door.

“Who is it?” Baekhyun asked. Slowly, Xiumin and Suho made way for Haerin.

“Haerin,” Baekhyun quickly hugged her. “You okay?” he asked, seeing her red puffy eyes. Haerin nodded and smiled weakly.

“How’s thing there?” Kris asked. “You two are going to be okay, right?”

“Where’s him?” Haerin asked. The boys pointed at Chanyeol’s room. “I’ll be back later,” she excused herself and made way to Chanyeol’s room.

……………………………………..

Chanyeol’s POV

I was sitting on my bed, ruffling my thoughts. I was so occupied with myself that I didn’t notice that Haerin had entered the room.

“Oppa,” she called. As soon as I noticed her, I took her into my embrace. She hugged me back and started to weep. “No…” I wiped the tears and hugged her again. Her sobs gradually turned louder and I couldn’t stand it any longer.

“Let’s stop meeting each other,” I looked at the wall behind her since I felt so guilty. Her eyes began welling again and I couldn’t hold my feelings anymore. “It’ll be better that way,” I talked softly, scared that my voice would crack up. ‘No, Haerin…please don’t leave me,’

“The company said, if I want to stay being an idol, I must leave you. And I chose that path. I’m sorry Haerin but we have to stop seeing each other.” No, I lied. I turned my back at her. ‘Please go before I change my mind.’

“I love you, oppa.” She sobbed. I looked at her. ‘But I don’t want you to get hurt.’ I grabbed her and pressed my lips against hers. Let me just give you a goodbye kiss. My tears fell as soon as I backed off. Quickly, I wiped it and shoved her away, slamming the door behind her.

I could feel my heart being stabbed as I heard her cries on the other side of the door. As much as I want to hug her and tell her that I love her too, I can’t. So instead, I could only cry on the other side, remembering her sad face that I threw away.

………………………………….

Haerin’s POV

“Hae-ah,” Lay hugged me. The warmth he gave couldn’t keep me from crying and I continue to sob in his chest. “It’s going to be alright,” he patted my back. Soon, the other boys came to me and comforted me too.

I was hoping that Chanyeol would come out from the room and calmed me but he didn’t. It is true then, Chanyeol’s just cannot give up on his dream for me and I’m not blaming it on him. Every word that came from my father rang on my head.

“It’s…over…” I sobbed through the cries. Lay hugged me even more. “You’ll be fine.” Suddenly, my phone rang. I was so busy crying that Suho picked it up for me.

“Hello,”

“Ah yes, yes. She’s here.”

“Hmm, she’s fine.”

Suho stopped for a while before discussing something with Kris. I glanced at them and wiped away my tears. Slowly, I regained myself and took a deep breath. Suho looked at me and said that Daehyun is calling. I nodded and grabbed the phone.

“Should I pick you up? I’m still down here,” Daehyun said. “Or do you wanna stay longer?”

“No,” I shook my head. My voice cracked on every word that I spoke. “Just take me away.”

 

----------------------------------------------

Oh… what a short chapter this is. Sorry guys, I don’t have any idea on what to continue with this story and I don’t wanna drag it any longer. Let’s just end it any time sooner. I kinda want to focus on my other fanfics.