In The Rain

Lovely Fan

Haerin’s POV

I waited at the main entrance. 5 minutes had passed. I kept looking at my watch and pouted. At some time, I would doubt him and urged myself to leave that place. But then again, I trust Chanyeol and believe that he wouldn’t dare to fool me like this.

‘The dolphin show would’ve started already,’ I pouted. Again, I glanced at my watch. The entrance became silence as the crowd had all entered the aquaria. The main show must’ve been playing right now. I bit my lips. ‘At the count of 5, if he’s still not here, I’ll g—,’

“Haerin-ah,” a voice called me. I looked up and saw Chanyeol panting hard. I went up to him and couldn’t be happier. “I thought you wouldn’t come.”

“I’m sorry,” he gasped for air. “I need to change first but it took longer than I thought,”

I stared at him. His hair was covered with a beanie and his hood howled over his head. He no longer wore the sparkling stage outfit but was now dressed casually. He regained his breath and looked at me. I stared at him as well. After the intense eyes-skinship moment, we looked away, completely embarrassed.

“I don’t think we can see the dolphin show anymore,” I broke the silence. He was in deep thoughts for a while and quickly grabbed my hands. “Oppa, where are we going?”

He brought me out of the mall and the damp weather greeted us. Carefully, he put his hood lower to cover himself. I grabbed a lens-less spectacle in my bag and handed it to him.

“Now, where should we go?” Chanyeol asked. Playfully, he swayed our hands as we walked down the road. I looked at the sky. The clouds gathered and it looked like it would pour rain at any moment. “But, it’s gonna rain soon,”

“Nah, don’t mind the weather. Oh, should we go there?” he pointed at a café. “Eh, my friend owns that,” I said. “Your friend owns it?”

I nodded. “I come here every night.” We stepped into the café and were greeted by a young girl behind the counter. “Welcome to Bubbly Land,”

“You come here every night?” Chanyeol whispered. I waved at my friend, Jinjoo. She waved back and smiled. We sat at a corner and he continued staring at me. I looked around and saw only a few people in the café, just the way it always have.

“You come here every night?”

“What’s wrong with that?”

“May I have your order?” Jinjoo asked. She mouthed a ‘who’ to me and signaled at Chanyeol. She handed me the menu and I gave it to Chanyeol. “I’ll have the usual.”

“And you, sir?” Chanyeol looked at her and ordered a coke. Jinjoo walked away and asked her workers to make the drinks.

“Why would you come here every night?”

“What do you mean by that? I like it here. It is quiet most of the time and the food’s actually very good.”

“But why would you come here every night? Don’t you know how dangerous it is? What if some people attack you?  What would you do if men disturb you? Look at all the male waiters.”

“They’re nice people. I’ve been coming here since Jinjoo’s mom was in charge. Now that it’s hers, she wants to have some eye candies to motivate her when she’s working. She’s very lonely, don’t you know. She’s an only child who has no experience in love.”

“But still—,”

“Here’s your order,” a waiter handed us our drinks and a slice of cheese cake. “It’s from Jinjoo noona. She says it’s her treat.”

“Thank you, Minwoo,” I patted his shoulder.

“Is he your boyfriend, noona?”

“No—,”

“Yes, I am. My name’s Chanyeol. Nice meeting you,” Chanyeol smiled at him. Minwoo smiled back and showed his eye-smile. “I see. That’s good. Noona has been coming here alone all the time. It’s nice to see someone’s taking care of her.”

Chanyeol waved at him as Minwoo continued his job. I looked at him.

“Why are you staring at me like that?” he sipped his coke. “Why would you tell people about us? What if rumors go around?”

“It’s okay. I’ll take care of it somehow. Now, enjoy this cake,” he fed me a whole spoonful of the cheese cake.

“So,” I started off the conversation. He looked at me. “Why were you ignoring my calls and texts?”

He looked at the view outside. Silence filled in. I looked away too, realizing that the situation had become too awkward.

“I needed time. It’s just that I feel so lacking when I saw you two that day. He’s rich and handsome and filled with aegyo. He’s the perfect one for you. Even your father approves him.”

“But I don’t like him,”

“But your family does,”

“I’m sorry, oppa.”

He inhaled and shook his head. “Nah, I’m the one who should apologize.” He patted my head. “I’m sorry,”

I smiled and gulped down by hot caramel tea. The rain fell down and was pouring hard. The sky became darker when it’s just 4 in the evening.

“So, we’re good?”

“Of course we are.” He grabbed my drink and sipped it. 1, 2, 3!

“WHAT IS THIS?”

“What do you mean by that?” I laughed. Looks like there’s another victim to my killer favorite drink and he’s Chanyeol. “Is it good, oppa?”

“Are you sure you ordered the right one?” he drank his own coke, trying to get rid of the intense sweetness that flavored his taste buds.

“I like it this way, though,” I pouted and took another sip.

“You’ll get diabetes.”

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

“Thanks for the evening,” I said as he walked me home. He nodded. “I had a good time too.” The umbrella protected us against the rain and we walked off.

SPLASH!!! A car passed and the water splashed us. We were both wet and stopped in our spots. I looked at him and he looked at me. Suddenly, he cracked to laughter.

“Yah, you look like seaweed.” He joked. I punched him lightly.

“Shouldn’t you cover me from the water just now?” I folded my arms. “You know, like what the boys do in dramas?”

He laughed and snuggled my face in his chest. “Aigoo, my baby looks so wet right now.” I blushed at how wet we were right now.

“Looks like we won’t need this anymore,” he kept the umbrella away.

“Oppa, you cannot do that. We’ll get sick,” I said, jumping to snatch the umbrella away from his hand. He held it up higher and ran away from me.

“Chanyeol—,” I tried tip-toeing to grab the umbrella. But this time, his other hand went to my head, pushing me nearer to his face. Then, he kept getting closer. I tensed up and was mesmerized by his eyes. I closed mine and—

SLASH!!! The second attacked stopped us. Our wetness went from bad to worse. I looked at my cloth. “Oppa, look what have you done!”

He laughed and ran further away. I chased after him and kicked the water at his direction. His shoes were soaked with water. “That’s foul play!”

I stuck a tongue at him and tried running away. He grabbed my waist and captured me to his embrace. The sudden skin brushing made me blush even more. He spun me around and smirked.

“What do you think you’re doing oppa?”

“Punishing you,”

He pressed our lips together and I quickly tensed up. Slowly, his hands pushed my head deeper towards him. My heart was beating so much and finally I relaxed. The kiss was longer that I thought. Oh my, how I wish for it to rain more often.

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG! I at fluffy stuff. Oh no! Kill me for I have ruined this story X0 This chapter is nothing but me blabbering… T_T Please do keep reading though, and comment, and subscribe. :D