Chapter 8

Don't Fool Me

"Just close friends, huh?"

 

I gulped nervously. I tried to find some help from Donghae but he was useless since he was just whining about his which felt hurtfully on the floor.

 

"You should knock at the door before going in." I managed to stutter.

 

"Oh please, baby-bro. You know I don't want to miss that kind of free show. In particularly if my baby Kyu is involved, right?"

 

She leaned against the door frame while her arms were crossed against her chest.

 

I'm in some deep .

 

"So I was right when I said you'd lose your . Thanks to you guys, Changmin owe me fifty bucks."

 

"I didn't lose my , !" I shouted flustered. "Since when do you make bets on me?! And with Changmin?!"

 

She shrugged nonchalantly.

Donghae was now sitting on the floor, observing our conversation without saying a word. He looked as if he wasn't embarassed by this whole thing at all.

 

Why? Did it already happen in the past...?

 

I DON'T CARE.

 

"You guys are a couple?" Arah asked.

 

"No." Donghae finally talked. "It's kind of complicated."

 

"Why?" She insisted and then turned to stare at me. "Is it because of this stupid ingrate child?"

 

I glared at her.

 

"We're just not together, ok?" I grunted. "And like I said before, mind your own business!"

 

"Why?" She repeated. "Are you blind?! Did you see the body that man has?!"

 

"Why, thank you, Arah-ssi!" Donghae happily stepped in.

 

"Oh, call me Noona, Donghae. You already shoved your toungue down my brother's throat after all."

 

"Then, Arah-noona." He cheerfully corrected.

 

It seemed like they were already close enough to tease me together.

I glared at the both of them and then pouted because even Cho Kyuhyun can be immature. Donghae smiled at my childishness and bit my ear.

I jolted and squealed at the same time.

 

Arah raised an eyebrow.

 

"You guys are not together but you already bite each others' ears...?"

 

"I think the right way to say it is ; we're not together yet. For now, we're just doing whatever."

 

We're not doing just'whatever'.

Jerk.

 

"You mean friends with benefits?"

 

"What benefits are you talking about, Arah?"

 

Arah startled and looked behind her to find Mum looking at her with curious eyes.

 

"Uh... Seoul new Lotte Mart's benefits...?"

 

"Oh really? Why were you talking about that?"

 

"You should ask Kyu, Mum. He's the one doing mathematics and economics and stuffs finishing with '-ics'. My mind is just filled with violin, you know that. Anyway, isn't it time to eat? I'm going first, byeee!"

 

Mum turned toward me but I was too eager to escape as well to let her speak.

 

"Dinner's ready, Mum? We're starving, really. Let's go, Donghae! Hurry up!"

 

He nodded and I perfectly saw him hide an amused grin. Mum sighed and followed us to the dining-room.

Dad was already there fixing some dishes like the perfectionist he was.

 

"You're finnaly here?" He said. "I was worried it would be cold when you finnaly decide to eat."

 

"Sorry, Daddy." Arah smiled. "I was talking business with Donghae and Kyu."

 

"Don't call me Kyu..." I mumbled while I took place next to Donghae.

 

"What kind of business?" Dad asked as he settled in the chair at the end of the table.

 

Arah sat down in front of me and Mum in front of Dad.

The former sniggered quietly when she saw I was struggling to find an answer. I glared at her discretly.

 

"We were talking about the café we made at the uni's festival, Sir." Donghae suddenly spoke. "It is a shame that you did not came in the end, by the way."

 

"Yes, I know. We had an important appointement at the academy that day. I'm actually quite disappointed too. I hope it went well?"

 

"Of course."

 

He had a charming smile on his face, acting like a perfect child.

 

Ha.

If they knew.

 

Nonetheless, I was thankful he replied instead of me. I tried to kick my old sister's leg but she avoided it and threw a piece of bread in my face.

I was envisaging to splash my glass of water on her but Dad asked Arah and me to serve the people around the table.

Donghae tried to help as well but Mum was firm when she said 'let those two lazy creatures sort it out by themselves". Dad laughed at that and opened a wine bottle. My eyes gleamed when I saw it and Dad sent me a knowing smile.

 

"Donghae, son, do you like wine?" He asked as I served him meat.

 

"I don't dislike it, Sir." He carefully replied.

 

You don't casually say to elders that you can drink one bottle of wine and still have a straight mind, don't you?

 

"Good answer. Here, give me your wine glass, I'll pour you some. Kyuhyun, I assume you don't want any, right?" He winked at me.

 

"You know me so well, Dad." And we shared a smile of complicity when he filled up my own glass.

 

We spent the dinner talking about everything. My parents and Arah seemed to appreciate Donghae really much and I felt relieved.

I knew my parents were open-minded and that they'll encourage me to do what I think is the best if I ever tell them that I might possibly like Donghae. Even though, I really wanted them to like him, even if it as just a tiny little portion compared to the affection I have for him.

 

Not that I have a big affection for Lee Donghae, mind you.

 

I still smiled everytime my family and Donghae laughed together.

 

And when came the dessert, my worst nightmare became true as soon as my mother said "Donghae, do you want to look at Kyuhyun's pictures when he was little?".

 

I immediately looked away from my favorite chocolate and strawberries cake and looked at Mum horrified.

 

"There's no way I'm letting my best friend look at the Family Album, Mum!" I exclaimed.

 

She sent me a stern look. "There is nothing to be ashamed about, Kyuhyun."

 

"I agree there are, Mum." Arah casually said.

 

I stared at her, unsure if I had to thank her or curse her.

I decided to do the latter when she spoke to Donghae again.

 

"There are some pictures of him in the bathtube. It's quite funny. It's something you should study, not just look at it."

 

"Really?" Donghae exclaimed. "Ooh, I want to see it!"

 

I tried to kill her with my eyes. Unfortunately it didn't work so I decided to kick Donghae right in the tibia instead. He winced and groaned with pain while I looked at him satisfied.

 

"Kyuhyun!" Mum shouted out.

 

I smiled at her innocently.

 

"How dare you kick your best friend like that?! I did not raise you this way, young man!"

 

"If he wants to look at those pictures, then he's not my best friend anymore!" I stubbornly declared.

 

"You're such a child!" Donghae rolled his eyes at me.

 

"Exactly, Kyuhyun. Don't be stupid. You're just as cute as anybody - maybe even more - on those photos. And he's your best friend!"

 

"Oh, don't worry Mum." Arah said as she stole my chocolate and strawberries cake. "They're not just 'best friends', they're 'close friends'." She mimed the quotation marks.

 

Mum stared at her confused and when she decided she didn't want to know (thanks God), she declared that if Donghae wanted to look at the album then he'll do so. I pulled a face when I saw her stand up and go to the living-room surely to look for the damn Family Album.

 

Arah and Donghae were looking at me amused and the latter ruffled my hair while chuckling. I jerked away from him and stuck my toungue out at him. Dad chuckled as well at my childishness and because it was Dad, I let a little smile crept on my face.

 

"Donghae Darling!" Mum called from the living-room. "Come here, I found it."

 

The smile immediately disappeared and I jumped up from my chair. I rushed to the living-room and tried to snap the album off from Mum's hands but she seemed to be quicker because my hands only grabbed air. I fell face first on the floor with a loud 'OUCH!'.

Donghae helped me to stand up and Mum patted the sit next to her while she opened the first page of the album.

 

Arah and me on the beach.

... I'm and smiling like the stupid toothless child I once was.

 

I blushed furiously as Arah laughed her off. Donghae chuckled lightly.

 

There were pages and pages and pages of humiliating pictures of me (and some of Arah which I was really thankful). Mum wasn't only showing them, she was also telling the story behind each pictures in the album. Evaluating by the numbers of photos on one page and the number of pages of the album, I knew it would take at least two hours.

Maybe even more.

 

Me taking a bath... Me with the face dirty with chocolate... Me kissing my old neighbour (Donghae cringed a little at that one)... Me wearing a freaking dress!

 

Hours later, when I reached my bedroom with Donghae, I was completely exhausted and mortified. He was still smiling stupidly behind me.

 

I went to the bathroom to change clothes and when I came back in my bedroom, Donghae was still laughing.

 

"If you continue to laugh, you'll sleep on the floor, Donghae."

 

"Call me Hae, baby." He winked.

 

I blushed.

 

We kissed.

 

He sneaked his arms around my waist and posed his forehead against mine with a gentle smile on his face. His lips brushed mine lightly. I was too impatient to wait for him so I was the one who leaned forward and smoothly kissed him. He was surprised at first, but then happily complied to let me lead the kiss.

I hesitantly his lower lip and he immediately moaned. I blushed lightly because of the noise but didn't stop. I force my toungue in his mouth and kissed him deeply, tasting his sweetness. One of my hand caressed his neck slowly while the other his hair. His moans were getting louder and louder and I groaned as well with pleasure.

 

Without any warning, he suddenly pulled away from me.

 

"What are you doing?" I hissed, my voice husky.

 

His eyes went darker and he my lower lip. I whimpered and shivered a little.

 

"Call me Hae." He whispered at my ear.

 

"No."

 

"Do it." He ordered and forcefully bit my ear.

 

My face was completely flushed.

 

"H - Hae..." I mumbled embarassed.

 

He smirked and abruptly lifted my chin so I was looking at him. He slowly my lower lip and then nibbled it. I was a mess and when he finally kissed me for real, I couldn't contain myself and pushed him against the bed. He rolled over so he was on top of me.

 

Don't stop.

 

The kiss went more gentle and he pressed light kisses on my face.

 

"We should sleep, Kyu..."

 

I nodded because he was right but I didn't stop him either. We layed down comfortably on my bed.

 

"Kyu?" He called softly.

 

"Hmm...?" I replied with a sleepy voice.

 

"Good night."

 

"Good night to you too... Hae."

 

He happily kissed me again and I fell asleep with his warmth surrouding me.

 

 

 

"How did she bribe you to make you her boyfriend?" I asked as I looked dead in the eyes of the man in front of me.

 

I saw Donghae trying to contain his laughter from the corner of my eyes, while Arah was ready to strangle one of us.

 

"Uuh... She didn't bribe me, Kyuhyun..." The man said.

 

I stared at him without a word. He shuffled nervously under my gaze and I snickered inwardly.

 

You're dead meat, Dude.

 

How dare you touch my precious lovely out-of-date sister?!

 

"How old are you?" I bluntly asked.

 

"Kyuhyun, that's rude." Arah hissed. "I'm sorry, Baekhyung oppa, he's a real pain in the ."

 

She glared at me but I just shrugged and leaned back in the couch.

 

Ham Baekhyung, from Daegu, was the Boyfriend. He was okay, physically speaking. And he was studying for an engineer degree, so he wasn't stupid. He also had a little sister which meant he knew how to take care of a woman.

Still, Arah was my sister and as a good brother I had to give him a hard time.

 

Plus, it was so much fun.

 

"Oh, no it's okay..." He laughed awkwardly.

 

He met my eyes and I sent him a way too bright smile to give him confidence.

 

"Here are the coffees, children." Dad said while he was holding a tray.

 

I got up and helped him to serve the guests. Donghae and Baekhyung got up and bowed and Dad smiled only to Donghae.

I smirked discretly.

 

Dad's on my side.

 

Donghae smiled back and winked at me.

I glanced at Arah and she was obviously pissed off. I sent her a gentle smile and she softened a little. She knew we were doing all this comedy because we loved her (and because I wanted to make her pay what happened yesterday) but Dad and I were really good at giving people a hard time. Mum was a little weaker on that, she's too nice. I think that's why she was off at the academy.

 

I was just happy I've never brought any girlfriends home.

 

Well, technically, if you count Donghae...

 

Shut up... Just shut up.

 

The awkward talk went on for the poor Baekhyung who I refused to call hyung until he proved to me he deserved it.

 

"Dad." I called.

 

He looked at me. I sent him a knowing look and he nodded.

 

"I think it's time, Ham Baekhyung." I said mysteriously.

 

He obviously tensed and Donghae sniggered quietly next to me. Arah narrowed her eyes at us.

 

"Kyuhyun is right." Dad added. "Baekhyung-ssi, tell me truthfully. What do you want with my baby girl?"

 

It kind of seemed like a déjà vu of my own experience but I forcefully pushed that thought away

My smirk grew wider when Baekhyung looked at Arah to find some help. She only rolled her eyes at us and trhew her hands in the air.

 

"Please stop torturing him!" She said exasperated.

 

"Why, we're not doing anything wrong, are we?" I said innocently and turned to Donghae.

 

He gave me an exaggerated nod and we shared a complice smile. "We're not doing anything wrong, Kyu. Really."

 

"I knew it, Hae." I said and blushed a little but because Cho Kyuhyun is a wonderful actor, nobody except Donghae noticed it.

 

He smirked at me with teasing eyes. I wanted so badly to feel his lips on mine right now.

 

"I love her, Sir." Baekhyung suddenly said softly.

 

I stopped zoning out because of Donghae's hypnotising lips and turned my attention to the Boyfriend.

 

"I want to make her happy because she makes me so happy herself. Just by smiling, talking, laughing, she seems perfect to me."

 

As he continued to talk, Arah's face gradually more and more red.

 

"I don't like it when she's not by my side, when we're not together. I can't stand it when she's angry at me. Even though she can be quite rude, I like it when she says snarky and evil comments to me - and apparently her brother's completely the same. I want your approval, Sir, because I really care about her."

 

A huge silence followed his confession. They were both deep red and a shy smile appeared on their face.

I rolled my eyes.

 

Oh please. That's way too guimauve and cheesy right now.

 

"Hey, hyung!" I exclaimed.

 

Shocked by my sudden 'hyung', Arah and Baekhyung hyung raised their gaze, face still red.

I rapidly took my phone out of my pocket and took a picture of them.

 

Arah looked at me with wide eyes. "What are you doing?!"

 

"Congratulations, noona and hyung! Your new couple is now officially in the Family Album!"

 

Dad and Donghae couldn't contain it any longer and just bursted out laughing while Arah was trying to send me a dead spell and Baekhyung hyung stared at us completely lost.

 

I love family meetings.