Chapter 22

Don't Fool Me

"Dude, you got me a strawberry milk?" Eunhyuk frowned and glared at me.

 

"Don't forget the Monkey plushy, it's essential." I said while sending him an innocent smile.

 

"I hate you." He only stated and began to pout as Kibum hyung burst out laughing at the Physics for Dummies book I found him.

 

"What do I get, what do I get?" Donghae exclaimed showing his most beautiful smile while hugging me tight against him.

 

"Nothing." I retorted teasingly.

 

He whined and pressed his nose against my neck, still complaining.

 

"Here." I said with a smile but nervousness was still present in my voice.

 

The others shushed around us and expectantly waited for Donghae to open the Christmas present I got him with the help of Siwon hyung and Sungmin hyung.

We spent hours and hours wandering around all the shops - and when I say all, it's all - of Seoul to find the very special item for my boyfriend because I wanted to offer him something as perfect as he was. He fiddled with the packet a few seconds before he gazed at me lovingly.

 

"I don't know what it is, but I already like it." He said.

 

"Stop being romantic and open it." I pouted, my cheeks slightly red.

 

He nodded and then eagerly tore up the paper like a five-year-old child until he finally discovered the real thing.

I brought my knees to my chest and hugged them nervously, waiting for a reaction from him while his movements slowed down until he looked cautiously at the fragile item.

 

"I have the same." I muttered quietly, embarrassed under my others' friends stare.

 

It was a simple ring made of silver. But what was really special about it was that I asked the jeweler to engrave the words "Donghae - Kyuhyun" on its side. I had exactly the same ring on my hand, matching with his own. Trustfully, it wasn't an expensive jewel at all, but I thought it would have a bigger meaning than something else. Like an engagement.

I looked at him and saw tears in his eyes.

I just knew I made the right choice.

 

"I love you." He whispered.

 

And then he kissed me.


He was avoiding my gaze, staring out the window to hide his face. I sighed, upset as well after our first meeting as a couple with his parents. Donghae had warned me beforehand that his parents weren't as open-minded as mine were, but I really thought things would have gone well. I had to admit I was a little bit too optimistic, but his parents just ruined everything.

They didn't know at all that their second son was a '', like his father said, and not to mention that he already had a boyfriend - which was me. His brother, Donghwa hyung, was just happy for the both of us, sending us comforting smiles while his father continued to scream and shout at us. It wasn't enough to comfort him though and I could clearly see how down Donghae was at this moment, as we were heading back to our dorm at the university.

It had been something like eight or nine months that we were together but it seemed like an eternity and I've never seen him so sad since the first day I met him - except maybe the time Seohyun first appeared to shake our relationship.

I wanted to cry as well when I noticed the tears forming into his beautiful brown orbs. I wanted to comfort him, to kiss him and to promise him everything would go well eventually. But I didn't know what to say. I felt wrong since my own family took it so well, even giving us their blessing to stay together.

The taxi continued to drive through the lonely streets of Seoul, while we stayed silent. I frowned a little, trying to stop my falling tears, until I couldn't hold it anymore.

 

"Hae."

 

He didn't reply, but I saw him turning slightly toward me with a tired face.

 

"I - I'm so sorry."

 

"You don't have to be, it isn't your fault if my parents are perfect bastards." He mumbled with a hoarse voice.

 

"No." I protested. "I'm not sorry for that. I -... I'm sorry because I feel like hating them right now."

 

I felt tears falling down my cheeks and even though I wiped them frenetically, they continued to flow.

 

"I mean my parents always told me to respect the elderly and never contrary them but I love you and I can't bear seeing something hurt you! And even if it's your parents I just feel like - like killing them because it hurts so much to see you in pain."

 

He stared at me surprised, but let me continued and I was thankful.

 

"I hate seeing you like that, I'm supposed to be the weak one in this relationship, and sometimes I feel selfish when you're hurt because of me! I can't stand that but even though, you're still by my side, and every time you're the one comforting me when it's supposed to be the other way around." I continued to sob. "Hae, I'm so sorry! I love you so much and - and - I -"

 

"I love you." He cut me suddenly in a whisper. "I love you, thank you, Kyuhyun. Thank you."

 

He leaned toward me and softly pressed his lips on mine, while my tears continued to soak my face.

 

I love you.


I abruptly woke up, my head dizzy and disoriented as I looked at my surrounding.

 

Just a dream... I thought sadly. It was just a dream.

 

I looked down at my hand, admiring the shining ring on one of my fingers.

 

Donghae - Kyuhyun

 

 

 

 

 

 

One year and a half.

 

One year and a half since we broke up. One year and a half since I always feel this huge emptiness in my whole being.


 

I slowly sat up, until I was sitting straight in the middle of my empty bed. I shivered slightly and quickly grabbed a sweater before I tiredly got up, my movements heavy and slow. I reluctantly made my way to the bathroom, bothered for the first time in my life by the coldness of the floor. I was so cold all the time now. I leaned against the sink and stared at my reflection in the mirror. I looked horrible. Dark shadows were engraved under my eyes and my face looked so pale. I sighed.

The house was perfectly silent. Only the sound of the cars outside could be heard.

All my friends were happy with someone in their life and we still kept in touch every week so we could relax after a tiring week of work.

Hankyung hyung and Heechul hyung were still the naughty couple of the band, owning a house at the time being. Changmin and Yunho hyung finally managed to get through the struggles of their relationship and tried to live as happily as they could. Eunhyuk and Kibum hyung found their happiness with younger girls by one or two years of the university where we left so many good memories. Arah was now married with Baekhyun hyung and they even had a son named Seungho. I was proud to be an uncle, he was such a cutie.

Everybody were slowly building a new life and a family ; Siwon hyung, Sungmin hyung, Leeteuk hyung... - Shindong hyung was even already married.

I was happy for them, they deserved this new and beautiful life. Although they did, I couldn't help myself but to feel jealous.

The only one who could have gave me this perfect happiness wasn't by my side anymore.

 


 

I took a shower and went on with my boring routine ; I go down to the kitchen. I turn the lights on. Then the kettle. I prepare myself a cup of coffee. I sit down at the table. And then I gaze at the calendar.

Hanging on the wall, I crossed out every single days that went by, a way to remind me how pathetically the Rupture had affected me.

Rupture with a big 'R', because it was one of the biggest events of my life. And not the most beautiful one.

I rested my head on the table.

 

"And I'm the one who ing broke up." I grunted darkly.


"You... You don't love me anymore?"

 

I looked down, too scared to meet his gaze.

 

"It's not that, Donghae. You know I love you."

 

"Then why are you telling me all this crap?!"

 

He was pissed-off, I could hear it. My tears were at the edge of flowing down.

 

"You know why... It's - we can't -..."

 

"Look, Kyuhyun." He cut me off. "This thing about going to this French faculty isn't important, ok? I won't go."

 

"But it's your dream! You love Literature, and it's an incredible opportunity for you!"

 

"Maybe, but I love you."

 

"So do I. And that's why I want you to go. I don't want to be an obstacle for you to reach your dreams."

 

"Kyuhyun, I -"

 

"I'm so sorry, Donghae. I won't change my mind. But you can be sure I'll be waiting."

 


 

I still remembered his broken stare, almost with despair. As if I just stole him all his happiness. He hadn't cried, but his eyes did showed how much hurt he truly was.

I didn't cried either, too scared to throw aside all the good reasons I had to let him go to Paris.

Where he would accomplish his career. His dream.


 

When he did go though, I cried and cried for days, maybe months, without being able to stop. I've never suffered that much in my whole life. My parents, my friends, everybody had tried to help me but I just couldn't forget.

 

 

 

And now... Now I was staring at the screen of my laptop, trying to find inspiration for the report I had to return to my boss for next week. How joyful. I couldn't stop thinking again and again at my hurtful memories.

Why am I so stupid? I don't know myself.

I leaned back in my armchair and stared at the ceiling.

 

I missed him terribly. I was in love with him still. I didn't go through a day without being aware of his absence next to me. Maybe did he already have a new life? Maybe was he the first in class, with a cute and smart blond by his side? He doesn't like blondes... I thought bitterly. Would he make a move with a girl? I would feel even more... Pained, if he did.

 

I often tried to imagine what his life looked like in Paris. Maybe he was happy or maybe he was as sad as I was. I wanted him to keep smiling but at the same time, I wished he missed me like I did.

 

I tried to move on a few times, mostly girls because I wasn't attracted by men except for Donghae. And nothing worked out. They weren't like Donghae, they didn't give me that spark.

 

I am so selfish.

 

I frowned and got up, taking my empty cup of coffee with me. I looked at the clock on the wall and it already was 4PM. I decided to do some grocery shopping for the night. I quickly dressed up comfortably before I grabbed my keys and went out of the house. It was a brand new one Dad offered me a month ago for my birthday. I was thankful, but I felt lonely in this huge house.

Outside, the weather was warm, still it seemed as if it was artificial, not real. I didn't bother taking my car and walked to the little market at fifteen minutes from there. I didn't registered where I was going, the way to the market engraved in my memory. I just thought of the past, when it was the both of us who were going out to go shopping.

Finally, I reached the market and went in with a basket in hands. I took the usual ; meat, drinks, vegetables. As I was comparing two turnips, I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket. I managed to hold it between my ear and my shoulder before I answered the call.

 

"Yes?"

 

"Magnae? It's God."

 

I faintly smiled at his voice. Who else could it be?

 

"Hi Heechul hyung. How are you?"

 

"Fine, perfect, as always. What are you doing right now?"

 

"Grocery shopping for tonight. Currently comparing turnips, story of my life."

 

"Wow, fascinating." He sarcastically snorted.

 

"What's up, hyung?"

 

"I'm at home with Hannie. He's doing Beijing Fried Rice, I can't wait. We just had , you know, so it's like the perfect day of a ing awful week. My boss scolded me twice since the start of the week, and we're only Wednesday, for Shisus' sake! But back to serious topic, I just heard about a really interesting news and I'm pretty sure your ungrateful and ugly will just jump up to the ceiling with happiness - by the way, I hope you'll hurt your head badly."

 

I sighed. Why did he always have to talk mysteriously?

 

"What do you want hyung...?"

 

"Tsk, tsk, talk with more respect, kid. I'm the one with the advantage, this time! What do I have in exchange?"

 

"My thankfulness?"

 

"Right, you can off with that, dude. I want your vase I saw last time in your living-room, the red one. And I want shopping day next week-end with Ryeowook and you."

 

I sighed once again. I didn't care about the vase but I really wasn't in the mood of wandering in a mall for a whole day and come back home with my hands empty.

 

"So?"

 

"Look, hyung, I-"

 

"Okay, good, then we say at 3PM at the mall. Great doing business with you."

 

"Fine, fine." I gave in. "I'll be there, whatever."

 

You're so annoying, hyung. I want to kick your diva .

 

"So what's that big news that's supposed to make me jump up to the ceiling?"

 

I felt him hesitating from the other end of the call. I was now at the canned goods rays, reading the ingredients of a can of pasta.

 

"Well, I know this from Siwon, who knows it himself by Nari, and Nari knows it thanks to Kibum who heard it by Ryeowook and Ryeowook said it was Eunhyuk who -"

 

"Hyung. Just say it."

 

"I - Look, I'd better tell it when we meet, ok?"

 

"Hyung..." I sighed menacingly.

 

"...He's back."

 

The can slipped out of my hand and fell on the floor with a loud thud.

 

"Here, I mean. Supposedly next week."

 

I didn't know anything, saw anything. I only repeated over and over what he just told me.

 

"Who - Who are talking about -"

 

"Cho Kyuhyun, you perfectly know who I'm talking about."

 

My eyes widened, I couldn't believe it.

 

"But - But why?!"

 

"How am I supposed to know?!" He got worked up.

 

I pressed my hand against my mouth with shock.

 

"H - Hyung, I have to go, I need to - do something and - and -... Bye"

 

I abruptly cut the call.

 

He was back in Seoul...?! I quickly counted in my head. One year and a half. He didn't finish his studies, so why...?

Slowly, as if I didn't trust my legs anymore, I headed toward the cashier. I didn't hear what she told me and she had to repeat three times before I realized she was talking.

 

"Mister? Mister!"

 

"I - Yes, sorry?"

 

"Please, it's 50,89$." She said, munching on a gum.

 

I stared at her stupidly before I gave her the money, and fled out of the market without waiting for the change. I walked as fast as possible until I reached my house and locked myself in. I threw the bags of grocery on the table and slumped down on the couch.

 

Too much emotions in one shot.

 

Was he back for me? Were there any chances for me to hope?

 

I slowly got up and opened a drawer where I took out an old box. Photos, items, clothes. Everything reminded me of his smile. I took a shirt and hugged it tightly.

 

It smelled good Donghae.


The next day, I found myself waking up in my couch, slightly confused. A good smell of Korean beef was floating in the house. I quickly got up and ran to the kitchen, where I found Kibum hyung cooking.

 

"Hyung... What are you doing here?"

 

He turned around and smiled at me.

 

"I heard he was back. Wanted to know how our Magnae took the news."

 

I sat down at the table while he handed me a plate full of food. I wasn't hungry though.

 

"He's not here yet, according to Heechul hyung. And... I - I guess I'm fine..."

 

He raised an eyebrow. "Right. You're perfectly 'fine'." He sarcastically said while rolling his eyes. "Kyuhyun, it's been months that you look like a freaking walking dead. You're not fine at all. You're... You're not even plain ok! I mean, you're... It's as if you went into mourning!"

 

I sent him a glare and pushed the plate away.

 

"What are you going to do?" He continued to ask.

 

"What do you want me to do anyway?"

 

"Call him?" He proposed me with a tone where I could easily guess he thought I was stupid.

 

I rested my chin on my folded arms on the table.

 

"I don't know..."

 

"You still love him." He stated.

 

I closed my eyes, I didn't want to cry now, not in front of my friend.

 

Yes, I do. "I don't know." I repeated. "What should I do, hyung...?"

 

He approached me and took me by my shoulders. "If I was you - and thank God I'm not - I would call him. I don't think he will since... I mean you were the one who..."

 

He didn't dare finishing his sentence. I smiled weakly.

 

"I was horrible, isn't it?"

 

"Not your brightest idea, but you wanted to do things right. But trust me, that was silly."

 

"You're not helping, hyung." I half-heartedly chuckled. "I'm scared." I finally said.

 

"You shouldn't be."

 

I agreed and nodded before I sighed.

 

"So will you eat this thing? I didn't do it for anything!"

 

I forced myself to eat a bit of it.

 

"Better than nothing." He approved. "Your phone's ringing, I'm going to get it. You, eat."

 

"Yes, Dad."

 

He laughed and got up. A few seconds later, he was back with the phone in his hand.

 

"Hello?" I answered.

 

"Kyuhyun? That's your sister here. How's your stupid doing?"

 

"Fine." I said, too tired to retort anything. "And do I look that sad so everybody calls because he's back?"

 

"Yep."

 

"I'm fine." I repeated.

 

"Nope." She said this time. "When your lover's back, do me a favor and call him, ok?"

 

I sighed. "Yeah, yeah, I'll do it."

 

"Good. Anyway, Baekhyun oppa is calling me, see you later!"

 

"Seungho's fine?"

 

"Your nephew is perfectly fine but he'd be happier if you f-ing called your boyfriend!" She hissed, not saying the f-word in front of his three-year-old first son.

 

I forced out a chuckle and we chatted a few minutes more, before we both hang up and I put the phone on the table. I played with a piece of meat then spoke again to Kibum hyung.

 

"Are you all ganging up on me or what?"

 

He shrugged and stole my almost untouched plate.

 

"Funny, I would have thought Arah noona would have bugged you a little more than that..." He said pensively.

 

I slapped his arm playfully and got up.

 

"Are you staying?"

 

"No, Jeehyun's waiting for me. Something about a report to do and she needs my help."

 

"Fine. See you later then."

 

"What, nothing else? You could at least show a little more emotions when I tell you I'm leaving you alone to go bang with my girlfriend!"

 

"Awwww, hyung, don't gooo!" I faked a whined. "I need you so much right now so I can have a shoulder to lean on! - Happy now?"

 

"Perfect! Ok, I'm going now." He smiled. "See you later, Kyuhyun."

 

We shared a handshake before he practically skipped towards the door. I smiled lightly when I saw him so happy.

 


 

I stared at the phone.

Should I call him? But to say what? "Hi, it's me, what's up dude?" ? I would sound ridiculous. And who knows, maybe he didn't even want to see me anymore.

Did I look that bad? Something told me that yes, I did, as I stared at myself in a mirror. I did look like a zombie.

After one hour of long dilemma, I finally decided to not call him. I was too chicken to even dare type his phone number. And anyway, I didn't even have it.

After I found a stupid reason to justify my silly decision, I persuaded myself I made the right choice. I came to the conclusion that "studies were more important". So I sat down in front of my laptop screen and worked my brain out to find a suitable end for my report. But nothing came to me, no brilliant idea or any miracles to drown me into my work. After half a hour, I gave up with a grunt and closed the document. I was beyond frustrated at myself, it was as if my own brain and mind were trying to mess up with me. I went on internet, consulting my mails with hope that something would distract me, but of course, it wasn't possible. My eyes were burning with tiredness and I rubbed them lightly.

I got up and decided to go out. In contrary of yesterday, it was raining. Just like my mood right now. I took the car and drove to Heechul hyung and Hankyung hyung's house, the first place I thought when I realized I needed comfort. It wasn't a long way until I parked the car in front of their huge house. I could hear the voice of Heechul hyung as I went out of the car, shouting whatever at Hankyung hyung.

 

Slightly embarrassed because of my intrusion, I knocked at the door. Hankyung hyung opened it while talking to the other.

 

"I don't know, Chullie, maybe in the closet next to the fridge! And - Oh, Kyuhyun."

 

I didn't say a word and looked down at my feet. He sighed and hugged me tightly. "Come on, silly." He mumbled.

 

He dragged me to their living-room and made me sit down on the couch.

 

"What's up Magnae? What's wrong?"

 

"As if you didn't know, hyung."

 

"Uhh, yeah. I know, Chullie told me already. So this week-end, huh?"

 

I nodded silently, staring at my nails.

 

"Oh, Magnae." Heechul hyung exclaimed as he burst in the room with an apron on. "Already eager to go shopping with me?"

 

I rolled my eyes but grinned nonetheless.

 

"How are you?" He asked then.

 

"I'm okay. I mean, I don't know what to do. Should I call him? Or not? I don't even know if he still loves me, maybe he doesn't want to hear anything about the guy you dumped him at the end of university like he was a dirty sock!"

 

Hankyung hyung and Heechul hyung glanced at each others.

 

"Don't be stupid, Kyuhyun. It's been over a year, now." Heechul hyung spoke.

 

"Exactly! Maybe he moved on."

 

"As if." Hankyung hyung scoffed. "You're not sure, so how would you know if you don't call him, huh?! You'll just continue to cry like a ing baby until you die, and I tell you I don't want to have to take care of a mess like you. If you don't ask him once for good, you will wonder if you made the right choice for the rest of your ing life! If he rejects you, then at least you will be able to move on something else. Look, Cho Kyuhyun. Life doesn't stop, no matter what, whether you had lived a tough break-up or not. It's just like a page of book, you continue it, or you turn it. You can't live your life with suppositions. You love Donghae, and from what I know, he does too. Well, that's what I think, at least..."

 

I was surprised and shocked, not expecting this outburst from him. That was usually Heechul hyung's job. He was always calm and composed and all of a sudden, his glare was on me. I had the feeling he was talking basing on his own experience, somehow.

I heard Heechul hyung snickering next to me but he quickly shut his mouth up when he met Hankyung hyung's pissed-off stare.

 

"What I mean, Kyuhyun, is try. What have you got to lose?

 

Everything, I wanted to scream. But I stayed merely quiet, because I knew deep down that hyung was right.

 

"Don't make this ugly face, Kyuhyun." Heechul hyung comforted me in his own style. "Think it through during the week-end, ok? Right now, he's surely somewhere between here and there. No need to freak out!"

 

"Always got a lot of tact, right?" Hankyung hyung sarcastically said. "Do you stay for lunch, Kyuhyun? I made Beijing Fried Rice."

 

I smiled but shook my head no. "No, thank you. I made some shopping yesterday."

 

"And? I'm the one asking you, so you stay here." Heechul hyung shot me a look.

 

I stared at him, and his eyes were burning with determination, probably ready to throw a tantrum if I refused. Hankyung hyung got up and began to mumble in Chinese, something like "I have to go cook".

 

"Fine."

 

Some things would never change.


This is it.

This is the week-end. I nervously tapped my foot on the floor in the middle of the mall. I was carrying all Heechul hyung's bag, following him like a puppy.

I sighed.

 

"Heechul hyung, when do we go home?" I whined.

 

"Kyuhyun, we're here for only two hours. Cheer up, or I'll kick you, seriously."

 

I rolled my eyes and Ryeowook handed me a t-shirt. "People say this kind of color match with your eyes. Go try it, Kyuhyun." He smiled.

 

I complied without a word, going into the dress room to try it. If I could, I would be at home, torturing myself to finally make a choice whether I should freaking call him or freaking not.

I went out one minute later, Heechul hyung raising an eyebrow while Ryeowook complimented me because I looked cool.

I didn't listen to them.

 

What should I do?

 


 

After four ing hours at the mall, I was completely exhausted, a huge amount of Heechul hyung's purchases in my hands. They still insisted to go sit down at a CAE and I gladly sat down. My feet were hurting like crazy. The waitress came and I ordered a hot chocolate.

 

"So..." Heechul hyung spoke as he leaned back in his chair with a wide smirk. "Let's talk seriously. I know from a reliable source that he is going to lend off in less than two hours." He declared dramatically.

 

I didn't say anything and drank a gulp of my chocolate. Heechul hyung crunched up his nose with annoyance at my lack of response.

 

"Look... I don't know, ok?" I finally mumbled. "I don't know yet. I still have two freaking hours to think about it, so leave me alone. The both of you."

 

"You should call him. That's what I would do if I were you."

 

"But you're not, unfortunately, hyung."

 

"But -..."

 

"Hyung." Ryeowook cut him. "He'll make the right choice, I'm sure ; whatever he will decide. Kyuhyun is smart.

 

I thanked him with a glance and we remained quiet. I continued to think, again. I think I've never made my brain work that much. I didn't know why I was tergiversating so much, I had the feeling I was like those teenagers girls on TV who spent three hours wondering "Should I call him, or it would be, like, too much?".

Actually, I was exactly acting this way, though I had a instead of a .

 

Pathetic.

I was pathetic.

 

"I need to go home." I mumbled, and without waiting for an answer, I left them there hurriedly.

 

It was already dark outside. I decided to take a walk, shoving my hands in my pockets, fiddling my smartphone absent-mindedly which was in one of pockets. Without noticing it, I was slowly reaching the Seoul University. I stopped in front of the gates, still opened, as few classrooms still had the lights on, probably students studying late. The dorms were still in the same place, and I immediately found the window of Donghae's room and my own. I smiled slightly, recalling old but happy memories we all made here, with my friends and with Donghae. Where I first talked to him, where we first kissed... I chuckled lightly when I remembered how bluntly he had crushed his lips on mine that night, just after I helped Kibum hyung with his Physics revisions. Who would have guessed Kibum hyung was now dreaming of being a Physics teacher. That's all thanks to you, he always said to me. I went in, nodding to some new students I didn't know, and headed towards the building of the dorm. I stopped in front of it, standing still. I sighed quietly, munching on my lower lip.

Try, Hankyung hyung had told me. Slowly, I took my phone out of my pocket. Heechul hyung had gave me his phone number this morning with a sly smirk. A shiver went down my spine as I stared at the black screen of my phone.

Try, you've got nothing to lose, he had said. I shakily composed his phone number and raised the device to my ear while gulping.

 

I was growing more and more nervous as dial tone was ringing.

 

"Hello?"

 

A deep voice and warmer than in my memory answered me. I stupidly blushed and bit my lip. I stayed silent for a few seconds, before I realized I knew what I had to say.

 

"H - Hi... It's Kyuhyun."

 

"I know."

 

I could almost see him smile at the other end of the call.

 

"I missed you, Kyu."

 

I wasn't cold anymore.

A warm hand touched my shoulder. I spun around with wide eyes, as the most handsome man of the world was gazing at me, a familiar smirk on his lips.

I let my phone fall down on the ground, too shocked to say a word.

He was there, just in front of me, he was real. His smile warmed me up. Tears flowed down my cheeks.

He smiled a little wider, before he crashed me against his chest. Immediately, like it was yesterday, I wrapped my arms around him, too tightly because I was scared he was going to disappear. His lips touched mine in a slow kiss, my hands gripped the back of his shirt. I was dizzy with happiness and pleasure, after all this time I could finally feel the warm of his hands on me, his mouth on mine, making me want to smile again and again without stopping.

We parted away and I let out a small whimper at the loss. I was a crying mess, I couldn't stop myself. I was too happy and so sorry at the same time. He didn't say anything, just letting me be, hair out of my face. My cheeks were wet and I tried to wipe them, but it was no use. His beautiful brown orbs were blinding, I drown myself in them. I gently took his face in hands, sobbing still. He smiled and pecked my lips.

 

"I'm back." He eventually said. "I missed you, Kyuhyun."

 

I didn't trust my voice but nodded eagerly, before I pulled him again to kiss me.

 

"I - I'm so s - sorry..." I sobbed uncontrollably afterwards. "H - Hae, I -"

 

"Shhh..." He soothed me and brought me against him.

 

I hugged him tightly. "I - I love you." I whispered.

 

"I love you too." He said slowly.

 

I closed my eyes, happiness washing over me at those three little words. I just enjoyed his body against mine, his smooth skin under my fingers, his scent, everything.

 

Donghae.


Hey guys, I know it's been a while since my last update. I mean compared to usual.

 

Okay, so like I said to some of you, this chapter is supposed to be the last one. I know you probably expected something like Kyuhyun going on purchase for a gift, but I just felt like the ending should be more memorable than just that. I didn't really emphasized on the gift, but it's still there and it does have meaning too. The reason I didn't force myself to write this moment of the story, is simply because I think if I force myself to write when I don't have any inspiration left, then it won't be a good chapter. I hope you forgive me ~

BUT, don't be too disappointed, because since we now have a beautiful poster (Thank you to BunniesOnTheMoon of ♛ || “Red Thread Graphics Shop” || ♛ [Open] for the wonderful poster!), I decided I was going to post a sequel (I'll just mark it as complete for now) :D I don't know when though.

Also, I began to write a new story [Naughty Mouth] but it's Eunhae so yeah - I just realized how complicated this story was going to be for me XD

However, since Kyuhae is my top K-Pop couple, I still decided I was going to write a One-shot on them - I'm already working on it right now - and I'll write the link in the real final chapter of this story.

 

Anyways, I talked a lot this time XD

I hope you guys liked this chapter, actually I translated it from French. It's an old draft I made in my sophomore year so I don't know how it is -.-

 

I have to say a BIG, BIG THANK YOU to all of you, because thanks to you guys, this story actually came to an end, but I'm so glad I met you and everything. I'm getting emotional, but whatever, I'm going to miss you :'( I'm thankful you bore with me until the end, even though I made so much mistakes throughout the whole story. I'm always so happy when you write those sweet comments every time ^^ Don't hesitate to add me as friend or to talk to me, I'll be glad to do it :D 

 

Thank you for commenting and subscribing, you guys are the best of the best! ~ THANK YOU!