Chapter 3

Don't Fool Me

Surprisingly, I found myself apreciating Donghae's company. His constant flirting put aside, he was really funny and nice and quickly we were close friends. I still had to hit him at least every hour when his hands or even his words were a little too much for my liking but he wasn't pushing me too hard.

A week after the start of the school year, I decided to go find informations about the singing club and went to Yesung hyung. He was talking with Ryewook at a bench in the park since it was a free hour.

 

"Hyung! Ryeowook!" I greeted.

 

They turned their head and smiled at me.

 

"Hey Magnae. Do you need anything?"

 

"I wanted to know how I could sign up for the singing club, hyung. Kibum told me you were the club leader."

 

He frowned at me and thought for a while. "Oh yeah right, I'm the leader." He straightened himself. "The inscriptions are this afternoon at the club's office. Feel free to come if you want. Do you already have experience with singing?"

 

I shrugged and told him about the church's choir. He nodded and told me that he'll wait for me this afternoon.

 

"Thanks hyung. Who else is in the club?" I asked.

 

"Sungmin and I are in the club." Ryeowook said.

 

"I'm in the dance club."

 

I turned around and immediately jumped back. Donghae was just behind me, his nose a few centimeters away from mine. He smiled then greeted the other.

 

"Don't you ever do that again, Lee Donghae!"

 

He ignored me and put an arm around my shoulders. "You like it."

 

I snorted and pushed him away. "You wish. Anyway, you're in the dance club? Isn't Eunhyuk the club leader?"

 

He nodded and sat on the bench. "We have a meeting this afternoon. Come."

 

"No. I want to go to the singing club. I don't dance."

 

He pouted and made his puppy eyes. "Please? Pretty please with sugar on top? And strawberries?"

 

I snorted. "That's so no working on me."

 

"You guys look like a couple." Yesung hyung commented.

 

I stared at him with my eyes wide in shock. Donghae was giggling happily and got up to hug me from behind.

 

"That's right, hyung!"

 

"No! No, hyung, no! We do not look like a couple at all, Yesung hyung!"

 

"You look like Ddangkoma and Ddangkkoming, so you do look like a couple."

 

I raised an eyebrow after pushing Donghae away so hard he fell on the ground and hit his leg with mine ("Ouch!")

 

"My turtles."

 

 

 

When I reached the club's office, a few people were already here. I recognized Sungmin hyung and Ryeowook and even Henry who was chatting with them.

 

"Hey guys."

 

"Oh hey Kyu."

 

"Don't call me Kyu, Mochi."

 

He narrowed his eyes at me and was about to retort at me but Yesung opened the door and welcomed the students. We filled up a form and he talked about what we'll be doing during the club activities. He told us to think about some songs we wanted to study and that was it.

Henry and me left the room together and chatted about songs we liked. Donghae was waiting in front of the door against the wall. We looked at each other. I decided to ignore him because his eyes were sparkling with excitement.

I took Henry by the arm and forced him to walk faster.

 

"What the heck, hyung?"

 

"Don't talk. Walk faster."

 

"Where are you going like that Kyu?" Donghae grabbed me by the back of my jacket.

 

"Don't call me Kyu. And that's a obvious reply : far away from you."

 

He smirked his trademark smirk. "We're going to the dance club. You can go too Henry."

 

"What?! No!" I protested while Henry was thanking him ("Oh I'd like to, hyung!"). "I told you I don't dance!"

 

"Don't know, don't care."

 

"You really make me want to punch your pretty little face."

 

"At least it's pretty. Come on or we'll be late."

 

I tried to free my arm from his firm grasp as we headed to the dancing club.

 

"But I don't want to go!"

 

" for you." He replied then ignored me and talked with Henry who was eager to have a conversation with him.

 

You traitor.

 

Five minutes later, we were in front of a practice room filled with students who wanted to sign up. I grimaced and snatched my arm away.

 

"Look at this amount of people. I'm sure there's no place left for me anymore. I should..."

 

He didn't wait for me to end and pulled me in the room.

I almost crashed on Eunhyuk and I sent him a glare even though he did nothing wrong.

 

"Oh hi Kyuhyun. Want to be part of the dance club?"

 

"No. It's this stupid fish behind who forced me to come here."

 

"I already filled your form so you're part of the club anyway." Donghae said.

 

"WHAT?!" I shouted.

 

He smiled innocently and pinched my cheek. "You're cute."

I slapped his hand away and narrowed my eyes at him.

 

"Hyung!" Henry appeared from behind Eunhyuk. "I just signed up!"

 

"You traitors. All of you. You don't deserve being my friends."

 

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes and ruffled my hair. "Let's have fun this year, Magnae."

 

"Hyuk, don't we have to make a performance?"

 

"On yeah. Guys, Donghae here wants to make you see the choregraphy we worked on last year. Shindong hyung, music please." He said loudly to be heard by the others.

 

Shindong nodded and Donghae took a step forward to the center of the room. He winked at me before swiftly making his first move.

I widened my eyes in shock and admiration. He danced like a god. His moves were smooth and firm at the same time, inspiring respect from the people in the room. Eunhyuk then joined him and they danced together on the same stage but strangely I only looked at Donghae. Maybe because I was surprised by his talent. Then there was a hip movement and he directly looked at me with his devilish smirk. I blushed furiously and turned my eyes away. But as soon as the move ended my vision was attracted by his moving body.

When the song ended I couldn't help myself but to clap loudly with the others. Henry was complimentary them with technical words that I didn't understand but he was as impressed as I was. I suddenly had the urge to learn to dance but I knew it was impossible. I had a major problem with rythm and coordination with my legs and arms.

It was actually quite embarrassing.

 

"So what did you think of it?" Donghae asked.

 

"That wasn't so bad."

 

"Try."

 

"Of course that's exactly what I needed ; to be humiliated on the first month of my scholarity here."

 

"Hey that guy with Donghae sunbae is hot, don't you think?" I heard someone say.

 

"Hell yeah, he is! I'm so going to do his tonight..." Someone replied.

 

I spinned around and saw two boys by the room door. I glared at them, furious because of what he just said.

 

"What did you guys just said about me and my ?" I cringed.

 

The boy smirked (and that was so much more annoying than when Donghae did it) and repeated "I'm going to you hard one day."

 

I inspired deeply then made my way to him and looked at him straight in the eyes.

The room was dead quiet. Everybody knew my temper already and apparently it was going to be an interesting fight.

He opened his mouth to say something else but before he could I raised my fist and crashed it on his nose.

He cried in pain and I stared at him satisfied. Until he got up and glared at me back.

 

I think I have the choice between fighting and escaping.

 

Escaping it is.

 

I grabbed Donghae's hand and walked out of the room.

Quickly.

 

 

Two hours later the whole knew that I had punched Yonghyung sunbae's face.

A lot of people congratulated me ("God you were so cool!") and others were concerned ("What if he wants to make you pay?"). Donghae just stood there with me without saying a word. It was way too calm to be normal.

I glanced at him every minutes because I knew it was going to come. The outburst.

 

"Kyuhyun!"

 

I turned around and saw Siwon hyung and Hankyung hyung.

 

"Oh hey."

 

"So you really did it? Punch Yonghyung hyung's face I mean." Siwon said.

 

I nodded. Hankyung hyung burst out laughing and patted my shoulder.

 

"I like you. Younghyung hyung is a basta-ard anyway so that's no big deal. But I think he'll seek re-evenge." He stuttered with his fragile korean.

 

Even though I was admirative of him because he still had good grades and he really did his best to learn our language.

I smiled weakly then glanced at Donghae. He was quiet and was looking at his shoes.

I gulped. It made me feel uneasy somehow.

 

"By the way, Hankyung hyung, where is Heechul hyung? Don't you guys stick together all the time?"

 

He blushed furiously and began to mumble in chinese. I took some classes during highschool and planned to continue so I understood some words ("Don't care... Stupid Cinderella...")

 

"Where are you guys going now?" Siwon hyung asked.

 

I shrugged. "I don't know, to the dorm maybe since class ended. Oh wait! I have to go to the convenience store nearby. I ran out of toothpaste."

 

"Do you want to borrow mine?" He proposed.

 

"No thank you. I'll have to buy it someday anyway. Donghae you can go too."

 

He shook his head no. "I'll go with you."

 

I acquiesced and waved Siwon hyun and Hankyung hyung goodbye.

Donghae didn't tell a word to me all the way to the convenience store. He just followed me quietly with his hands in his pockets like he was thinking deeply. Even the cashier seemed uneasy when I paid my toothpaste (and candies).

We went out of the store and returned to the campus without saying a word.

The sun was slowly disapearing behind the clouds and the lights of the dorm were already on.

 

"Donghae? What's the problem?" I finally asked when we reached the front door.

 

He looked at me but didn't say a word. I shuffled uncomfortably under his gaze and was about to take the first opportunity to flee (toilet emergency) when he suddenly grabbed me and pushed me against the dorm's wall. My back hit the surface hard but I didn't have time to give him a roasting ; he bent down and his face was so close to mine our nose almost touched. I tried to move back as much as possible and ended up pressing the back of my head against the wall as much as I mathematically could.

 

"Do-Do I have something on my face?"

 

"Don't you go near him ever again." He growled (yes, he did).

 

"Whoever it is that's perfectly fine with me but could you..."

 

"I am talking about Yonghyung hyung, Kyuhyun."

 

I blinked.

 

"Sorry?"

 

"That dude is dangerous. The fact that he flirted with you earlier makes me want to hurt someone. You're mine. You said only I could seduce you. Right?"

 

I nodded eargely and sighed deeply with relief when he released me. I put my hand on my beating-too-fast heart. Donghae stared at me for a few seconds then went back to smiling his bubbly/stupid smile. I glared at him.

 

"What the was that?!"

 

"I'm claiming what's mine."

 

"I'm not yours, idiot! Mum told me perfectly clearly that we all own our body. And I believe that that" I explained with furry "is mine."

 

He immediately pouted and made his puppy eyes. I raised an eyebrow.

 

"Plus, I never said only you could flirt with me. What's with the sudden jealousy scene?" I provoked him.

 

He narrowed his eyes at me dangerously. "Kyu..."

 

I thought for awhile. "But I guess that's true it would be better if only you could 'seduce' me. I mean that's because..."

 

"Really?!"

 

Abruptly and before I could register what he was doing, he beamed at me and sneaked his arms around my waist pulling me against his chest.

 

And he kissed me.


Hey guys!

So here's chapter three.

A bit of cliff-hanger because I love you guys.

And oh-my-god eighteen subscribers? I never expected this. I freaking adore you guys.