Chapter 12

Don't Fool Me

My head was thumping harshly when I woke up the next morning. Everything that happened yesterday night was blurry in my mind. I sat up in my bed while holding my head with a pained groan.

 

Big headache...

 

I looked around my bedroom. I didn't remember opening the windows shuttles. My bedroom was in a total mess compared to how clean it usually was and I stared at the nemo plushies on the floor.

 

I don't have any nemo plushies...

 

I felt a body moving next to me. I looked down and found Donghae sleeping peacefully, his arm thrown over my stomach.

 

It wasn't my room and it wasn't my bed and I was drunk yesterday.

 

And I told him that I like him. In the most unromantic way possible on this planet.

 

"Oh my God!" I gasped when I remembered how bluntly I kissed him yesterday. "Oh. My. GOD!"

 

My first reflex was to kick him hard in the stomach until he fell on the floor.

 

 

 

The mug in my hands had a little stain of coffee on the anse. And the bottom of it was more blue than its top because of the oldness of the object.

 

Yes, it was completely fascinating to study a mug.

 

Or at least I wanted it to be, rather than have to meet Donghae's eyes.

 

Siwon hyung and we were in the kitchen, sitting around the table for breakfast.

 

After Donghae's harsh wake up, I covered my fully dressed body with the blanket like a freaking , a horrible blush on my face. He kind of looked mad at first but when he realized it was only me, he softened and got up slowly. I perfectly remembered tightening the blanket around me and saw him snickering a little.

 

"I won't you, Kyu. Let's eat breakfast!"

 

Way to make the situation more comfortable, Lee Donghae. I feel so much more at ease right now.

 

 

So here we were, glancing at each others, Siwon hyung being the poor victim of our sad comedy.

 

I felt Donghae's gaze on me as he was in front of me while Siwon hyung was akwardly eating his cereals in the middle.

I gulped nervously and was still punishing myself for what happened yesterday.

 

'Easy' my .

 

"So..." Donghae spoke. "You - we - uh..."

 

He stopped and bit his lips in frustration and nervousness. He glanced at Siwon hyung. The latter was still staring at his PRAY GOD mug. He met Donghae's stare and raised a surprised eyebrow.

 

"What? Oh, no, act like I'm not here. Cereals, milk, coffe, that's my life, really. I'll just recite the Bible in my head to block the sounds or something."

 

He gave his full attention to his breakfast and gave us some privacy which I thought wasn't needed at all.

 

"About what happened yesterday, you... You said you like me." Donghae mumbled.

 

"Did I?" I cleared my throat.

 

He nodded and took his spoon from the table to put it down two seconds later.

 

Nice move.

 

"You said you thought you really like me and-... I don't know if I should believe you, you were completely drunk - by the way you have to explain how in earth you managed to get drunk after four cans when you can take fifteen."

 

"I didn't eat yesterday. And the day before." I muttered.

 

"Why?"

 

"I-... It wasn't "easy" back then."

 

"Oh and yeah, what's that easy concept, really? It confuses me more than anything."

 

I didn't answer because if I did, I would just look like a moron. He didn't insist and sighed quietly.

 

"Are you - Did you - Do you mean it?"

 

Honestly, I couldn't really deny the fact I told him that I like him, and I didn't want to either. I felt kind of relieved actually.

I couldn't really look at him and act like he hallucinated everything while I almost jumped him (Dear God) and kissed him and that I clearly said that I had true feelings for him.

The day before wasn't that blurry in my blind, four beers wasn't really much for me. Donghae was right when he said I could take fifteen beers but because I didn't eat at all the whole day, I felt dizzy and light-headed and I knew I could control it but I didn't want to.

It was like an excuse so I could talk to Donghae.

 

Now that we were here, I couldn't back off. And it wasn't my intention at all.

 

"What?" I said trying to gain time nonetheless.

 

"That you like me." He stuttered.

 

"I- No, I-... Well - it's - yeah, maybe..." I finally admitted in a whisper.

 

Well, I still have a proud and subborn .

 

He still heard me and he looked at me with wide eyes. Even Siwon hyung who was supposed to think about the Bible and his cereals glanced at me with surprise and delight.

 

"Really...?"

 

"I don't say that kind of things just for the fun of it, Donghae." I retorted with a face. "But, you know, it's just a impression, ok? Nothing is definitive yet and I still have a right of veto over these things and you - wait - Donghae?"

 

Unexpectedly, his face became deep red while he tried to hide a pleased smile by bitting his lips, obviously happy. It was as he was helding a pancart saying 'I'M HAPPY RIGHT NOW!'. I raised an eyebrow at his cheesiness until he raised his head again with a shy smile, his eyes gleaming with something bigger than happiness.

 

"I-... Thank you." He said.

 

"For what?"

 

"For admitting it. You don't know how much it means to me. I like you so much too, Cho Kyuhyun."

 

It was my turn to blush.

 

"Don't get overwhelmed, Donghae... Didn't you hear what I just said?"

 

"I did, but that's enough for now. Thank you so much..." He repeated again.

 

I thought for a second he was going to cry because I admitted I liked him.

He got up half-way and bended over the table. I immediately knew his intentions and I leaned forward, as impatient as him to feel his lips on mine again. I only looked at his lips which were coming closer and closer. He grabbed my face with his warm hands until -

 

"WAIT, STOP!"

 

We both turned toward the voice startled.

 

Siwon hyung was staring at us with a pale face.

 

"I said act like I'm not here, but I'm still here!" He cried. "The Saint Bible can block the sounds but not the images, okay?!"

 

 

 

We were on Donghae's bed, avoiding each others' eyes akwardly.

Siwon hyung had totally ruined the previous atmosphere now and it seemed hard to just kiss suddenly after what I admitted and what he admitted. The whole context was all gone now and we were just left with the akwardness that followed an akward confession.

I wasn't going to make the first move because my pride already took a lot by just coming here and say those words but it looked like Donghae wasn't going to talk any time soon too.

I glanced at him and saw him hugging one his numerous nemo plushy.

 

Cute. I thought. And lucky you, damn fish.

 

I glared a little at the plushy.

 

I am supposed to be the one in his arms, not you, damn thing.

 

Then I glared to Donghae because he began to the head of the fish.

 

"Stop playing with that." I grumbled.

 

"What?"

 

"Stop playing with that!" I repeated frustrated.

 

I grabbed the thing and threw it across the room.

 

Thanks to a certain Lee Donghae, I was getting jealous over a freaking inanimated object.

 

He stared at me dumbfounded.

 

"Just talk." I exclaimed. "We can't just stay here and wait until the worlds ends! Talk!"

 

"What do you want me to say?"

 

"I don't know, that's your job. I already did mine."

 

"Fine. Well, um... How are you?"

 

"You're serious?" I raised an eyebrow. "I confessed to you, and you ask me 'how are you'?"

 

"Well, sorry!" He shouted out while throwing his hands in the air in exasperation. "Understand that it's as hard for me as it is for you! I-... Okay, let's talk seriously now, shall we?"

 

I nodded and sat indian style to face him and so did he.

 

"You like me." He stated.

 

"No , Sherlock."

 

"You're not making it any easier, Kyuhyun."

 

"Sorry..." I mumbled.

 

"I know you don't feel comfortable about that but what do you want us to be?"

 

"Close friends sounds fine." I immediately proposed with an innocent smile.

 

"Except close friends, Kyuhyun."

 

I sighed. "I don't know. This is all new to me and you know that - I think I repeated it at least fifty times a day - but I'm okay to try and see how it goes."

 

"Do you want me?"

 

"I've always 'wanted' you, Donghae." I mumbled with a light embarassed blush. "Here's not the point. The point is I'm still confident enough to do what I can do with a girl."

 

"I don't want you to go near any girls." He narrowed his eyes at me. "You're mine now, completely mine."

 

"Am I?"

 

He grabbed my shoulder and crashed me against his chest. His face was just inches away from mine.

 

"Yes you are. Starting from now, you're Lee Donghae's full property."

 

He pecked me softly. I shivered a little at the touch.

 

"Aren't you my property then?" I muttered, hypnotized by his lips.

 

"I am since a long time already."

 

He finally leaned down after those sweet words and kissed me lightly.

 

I had the impression it was our very first kiss together.

The way we hesitantly moved our mouth one against the other.

I put my hands on his broad shoulders while he was gently my right cheek. He nibbled my lower lip so I would lightly open my mouth with a silent gasp. He took this opportunity to sneak his warm toungue in my cavern and engaged a fiery new kind of kiss. Our toungue swirled together, fighting for dominance. I grabbed the back of his shirt and tried to pull him closer while his chest was already impossibly pressed against mine. I moaned quietly when he pushed me until I was laying down on the soft matress of his bed.

 

"God, Kyu... How I missed you..." He whispered huskily while he trailed soft kisses on my neck.

 

I said nothing but kissed him on the lips again. I was lacking oxygene but I couldn't care less at that moment. I felt so greedy to taste his sweetness once again and never stop.

 

The kiss went more gentle yet still sensual. His hands on my sides became more loving. I hugged him and we rolled on our sides facing each other.

 

"I guess it's make you my first boyfriend..." I whispered.

 

He smiled and kissed my nose.

 

"I'm glad to hear it."

 

"Doesn't mean I didn't have any girlfriends before..." I with a wink.

 

He frowned and suddenly tickled me. I gasped and bursted out laughing while trying to kick him away. He laughed as well and his voice sounded like music in my ears.

 

 

 

"Yah, Donghae, this is embarassing!"

 

"No it isn't!"

 

I sighed heavily again and stared at our intertwined hands with a light blush.

 

Actually, I really liked it. It felt nice and it was so great to just hold his hand.

I didn't want to go back to my complicated mine today and just wanted to stay in that happy bubble with Donghae because honestly, seeing him smiling with so much happiness made me happy too and it was fine like that for now.

I still haven't grasped the whole situation because so much happened in only two days and another day won't be the end of the world right?

 

Tomorrow is going to be a long day...

 

"I'm so happy you're my boyfriend."

 

"I guess I'm happy that you're happy...?"

 

Oh yes I was.

 

He beamed at me and pecked my lips. "We should throw a party!"

 

"No, we shouldn't." I retorted immediately with a glare.

 

The happy bubble wasn't going to be popped because of his stupid ideas of a party.

 

"Why?!" He whined. "Come on, please, please, please, please!"

 

I ignored him and continued to walk as I was dragging a pouting Donghae behind me.

 

"I have to go to the singing club office today." I said. "There's the second meeting today and I already missed the first one."

 

"Whatever..." He grunted.

 

I stared at him with an amused smirk. "Don't act like a child."

 

He stucked his toungue at me and I pinched his nose.

 

"Ouch!" He cried. "What are you doing?"

 

"Cut it out, Donghae. We're not making any party. I have to go now... See you later?"

 

"Hmm... Okay... I have to go see Eunhyuk anyway. Have fun, ok?"

 

I nodded and was about to turn around when he grabbed my arm. He smirked widely and leaned forward. He suddenly pressed his soft lips on mine for a quick kiss until he straightened himself and winked at me.

 

"See you later... Boyfriend!"

 

I stared at him disappearing in the hall dumbfounded. My fingers touch my lips lightly until my face fell into a pout.

 

"You could have kissed me a little longer, jerk..." I mumbled.

 

I wanted things to stay like that for now. What will happen tomorrow, will happen tomorrow.

 

"Hey, hyung!"

 

I turned around startled and saw Henry running toward me with a happy face as usual.

 

"Oh hi, Canadian. What's up?"

 

"Good, everything's good! And you?"

 

"I'm great, I-... Look, Henry, I'm so sorry for what happened two days ago, ok?"

 

"Oh, no, it's okay..." He said quickly with a bright smile. "But you're fine now, right? I mean you were crying and all and I was really worried. Usually you say everything to me but back then you were only crying so... You know you can tell me everything, right? You're my best hyung!"

 

I laughed and ruffled his hair. "Yeah, thanks Henry. I'm fine, it was just a little argument between Donghae and me. But we're all good now."

 

"So you're together now?"

 

"Yeah, we - wait! How do you know?!" I shouted out.

 

We were calmly walking together to the singing club office. We met Eunhyuk who only waved at us and then sprinted through the hall to his own club as he was very late by now. So were we, I noticed after a while.

 

"So it's true?! You're Donghae hyung's boyfriend now, hyung?!"

 

"Be quiet!" I worriedly exclaimed and smashed my hand over his gossiping mouth.

 

I looked around worriedly but nobody was in sight. I sighed with relief.

 

"How do you know?" I repeated more calmy.

 

"That's pretty obvious, hyung. And Siwon hyung had to tell us everything when the other hyungs tried to torture him so he would talk. I'm so happy for you!"

 

"Yeah, whatever... It's a little more complicated than that, you stupid Canadian brain. And if you ever tell anything to anybody, I'll personnaly go to Canada and kill all the mooses there, got it?" I menaced.

 

He didn't seem phased by what I said at all (who cares about the mooses, really?) but agreed nonetheless with a bright smile.

I smiled back and we finally reached the office. Everybody was already there, chatting about what we'll be doing today. Yesung hyung was in a big conversation with Leeteuk hyung. They saw us and waved with a smile and went back to their conversation again.

 

I spotted Sungming hyung and Ryeowook at one of the corner of the room so Henry and I joined them.

 

"Hi!" I greeted.

 

They greeted Henry back but only looked at me with a knowing smirk.

 

"What?"

 

"You." Sungming hyung said. "You're a surprising one!"

 

"And really funny." Ryeowook added. "I've never had that much fun since I'm in this university."

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"Heeeeeey, don't act like you're innocent, sneaky head!" Sungming hyung retorted and punch my arm playfully.

 

Except it actually hurt a lot.

 

"Yeah, exactly, Magnae!" Heechul hyung suddenly appeared. "If you ever make my favorite dongsaeng cry, I swear I'll make you live the worst hours of your pitiful life!"

 

"But what are you-..."

 

"Kyuhyun-ah!" Leeteuk hyung exclaimed. "Congratulations, Magnae. You finally did what you're heart told you to do!"

 

"Actually, it's more what alcohol told me to do..." I corrected.

 

"What?!" Heechul hyung narrowed his eyes at me. "You're going out with my baby Donghae because of alcohol?!"

 

I rolled my eyes and told them to quiet down when Yesung hyung spoke to the club members.

 

"Okay, guys! Last time I told you how we were going to proceed this year and it wasn't really interesting but today, we'll start for real! I propose you make little groups of three or four and you chose a song together to work on. Sounds good? Well, it's my first year as the leader so I'm just saying whatever..."

 

"What will we do for the representation?" Someone asked.

 

"Well, I thought about a song per groups and then those who are volunteer can sing a solo song? And I'll have a joker, which means if I want one of you to sing solo, you'll have to do it no matter what. Know that I'm really close to Heechul hyung, I won't take no as an answer." He threatened with an evil smirk.

 

"Do you plan on singing a solo this year?" Sungming hyung asked.

 

"I think I'll try again." Ryeowook said quietly. "It was fun last year, Mum was happy. And you Kyuhyun?"

 

"No way."

 

I laughed a little and took a paper to write down the name of our group. Of course, we ended up with Sungming hyung, Henry, Ryeowook and I while Heechul hyung and Leeteuk hyung stayed with Yesung hyung.

 

I guess old people stay with old people.


Hi everyone!

 

So everything is settled down between Donghae and Kyuhyun now, aren't you all excited?!

I am.

 

Kyuhyun just made it to the singing club and he won't sing solo...? Hehehe, no way that's going to happen.

 

Thank you so much for commenting and subscribing everytime. You guys make my day and my week and my month.

 

Thank you for reading ~