Chapter 13

Don't Fool Me

The next morning when I woke up, I found myself feeling extraordinarily light-hearted and happy as I got up off my bed. I was smiling stupidly and practically dancing in the middle of room when I took new clothes out of my cupboard. Outside, even if the sky was kind of cloudy now that I think about it, it looked like a beautiful day in my eyes. I was whistling cheefully when I got out to go to the bathroom. I didn't even bother greeting whoever was in the room because I was happy, precisely.

The weather was great, the shower was great and my mood was great. I was even singing lightly as I brushed my hair in front of the mirror of the bathroom, not even annoyed by the steam on it.

I imagined that the sink was a piano and played an old melody I learned when I was a child absent-mindedly and surprisingly decided to put in a little more effort in my looks today.

But when I got out of the bathroom to go to the living room and finally say hi to Kibum hyung and Monkey hyung (I really was in a good mood that day), it hit me like a big bag of bricks.

 

Donghae was chatting comfortably with Kibum hyung, Eunhyuk and Yesung hyung who was also there. He turned his head lightly and noticed me while I was frozen in place wondering why I was suddenly so nervous to see him and why I was relieved I put some lotion on my face (which I never do) earlier.

 

He stared at me. I stared at me.

And then I remembered.

 

I have a boyfriend.

 

My face suddenly turned red furiously. Everybody was staring at me expectantly, probably waiting for me to say something like 'Hi Yeobo~' but the only real thing was that I was having a serious mental breakdown. A huge serious one.

 

"Hi Kyu!" Donghae smiled at me.

 

I only gulped and took a step back nervously.

 

It wasn't that I was disgusted by the fact that we were a - a thing, I was really excited by this fact actually. But the day before, I really did try my best to not think about it clearly and now that I did, it was a real shock.

I really did change during those last month at this holy ing unviersity, didn't I?

Here I was, with no other choices possible than realize that I had a boyfriend. And that I was probably the little spoon in the relationship. Just great.

 

"You're okay, Magnae?" Yesung hyung asked.

 

"I - I - I - I..." I stuttered stupidly.

 

I dropped my pyjamas on the ground and gulped akwardly once again.

 

"Kyu?" Donghae asked this time.

 

"You - you - you - I - I - ..."

 

"...Yes...?" Donghae encouraged me.

 

"We - we - we - I - I - I - I'm your b - b - b - boyfriend...!" I finally managed to squeal at the end.

 

He stared at me silently for a few seconds and I thought for a while I was going to have a heart attack but then he suddenly bursted out laughing and dragged me to the couch.

 

"Yes you are! Glad you don't try to deny because honestly I thought it was what you were going to do!" He said happily.

 

I stared at him stupidly as he gave me a cup of coffee.

 

"You don't have something stronger? I think I need a beer..."

 

I drank the coffee in one go and then looked at Donghae.

 

"Give me another one." I ordered as I pointed my empty mug. "And a can of beer."

 

"Kyu, you don't need a beer."

 

"I do. I really think I do."

 

"Kyuhyun..." Eunhyuk said smugly. "You better not or else Donghae won't be that mature anymore."

 

"What is he talking about...?" I asked completely lost as I saw Donghae blushing.

 

"Nothing important." He hurriedly replied. "You should wake up a little, looks like you're daydreaming."

 

I stole his own coffee and stuck my toungue out at him when he protested.

 

"What is it with you today, Magnae?" Kibum hyung hyung asked. "You were happy and then shocked and now sneaky?"

 

"I think our baby girl has her menstruations, Kibum-ah." Eunhyuk commented with a smug smirk.

 

"I think you should shut up, Monkey. I know the passwords to your files so be a nice boy, okay?" I retorted immediately.

 

Donghae only smiled by my side and threw his arm around my shoulders while Eunhyuk tried to defend himself.

 

"You're sure you're okay though?" He said quietly at my ear so only I would hear.

 

I nodded silently and gestured him to follow me to my bedroom.

 

Then, I sat on my bed and he layed down next to me.

 

"I'm sorry for earlier. I just realized that we... - um - are a couple...?" I hesitantly tried to explain.

 

He stayed silent and looked at me through his eyelashes.

 

"Can I be honest?"

 

"Do you even have to ask?" He retorted playfully.

 

I lightly punched him in the arm and settled down next to him on my back.

 

"I'm... happy." I whispered staring at the ceiling.

 

"Is that a good thing?"

 

"Where have you ever seen someone tell you that being happy isn't a good thing, Donghae?"

 

"It's Hae for you, babe." He teased me with a wink.

 

I rolled my eyes a little but smiled nonetheless. "Fine... Hae."

 

He chuckled lightly and kissed my cheek. "I'm happy too." He said. "More than usual I mean. Since you're officially my official boyfriend."

 

I grimaced a little at the word. "Sounds weird from a boy's mouth. And I'm practically sure that wasn't grammatically correct."

 

"You'll get used to it."

 

"Hope so..."

 

"And may I ask why you're happy?"

 

I pouted a little and crossed my arms against my chest. "Isn't it obvious?"

 

"Nope."

 

"You just want me to say it out loud..." I grumbled and glared at him playfully.

 

He only shrugged with his damn smirk and rolled on his side, resting his head on his hand. "So? Why are you so happy, Kyu?"

 

"Hmmm... Should I tell you?"

 

"Kyuuuu!" He whined.

 

"Fine, fine. I'm happy because... it's what I've always wanted, I think. To be something with you. Whether it works or not, I guess I wanted to try it at least once."

 

He smiled and ducked his head down to brush his lips on mine playfully. "Really?"

 

"Hmmm yeah..."

 

"Should I kiss you then?"

 

"That's not optionnal, Hae." I retorted and grabbed his neck to kiss him for real.

 

 

 

"Waaaaah, I'm so hungry!" Donghae exclaimed as we were queueing up for lunch.

 

I didn't reply and texted Siwon hyung that we were comming.

 

"Yah, Kyu, didn't you hear me? I'm hungry and they won't hurry up! Aish, really!"

 

"You're always hungry, Hae." I indefferently said as I pushed him forward.

 

"I know a good way to full me up though." He winked at me and grabbed my arm to pull me against his chest. "Want to try?"

 

I stumbled on my own feet a little and then raised an eyebrow at him.

 

"Sorry, but I don't do for free, Sir."

 

He narrowed his eyes at me. "Didn't know you were that expensive."

 

"That may explain why you have horrible grades in mathematics lately."

 

He stared at me with an amused smile while I asked the Ajumma a good portion of korean beef and a bowl of kimchi soup.

 

"He's paying." I said to the Ajumma and pointed Donghae with a smirk.

 

I headed toward where Siwon hyung, Heechul hyung and Hankyung hyung were having lunch together.

 

"Hi, hyungs!" I cheerfully greeted.

 

"Oh hello Kyuhyun." Hankyung smiled nicely. "How are you? I heard that Donghae and you are a couple now?"

 

"Where is he, by the way? Where's my baby son?" Heechul hyung asked and looked around.

 

"He's paying for my lunch at the cashier, hyung." I replied and happily ate a spoon of rice.

 

"You're already making pay?"

 

"Cho Kyuhyun ain't an easy man, hyung." I smirked smugly.

 

Heechul hyung and Siwon hyung bursted out laughing and Hankyung hyung patted my back.

Donghae came back with his own tray and sent me a stern look and I sweetly smiled at him.

 

"I don't have any cents left now, Kyu." He grunted.

 

"Poor you."

 

I rolled my eyes and he grumbled a little.

I chuckled a little and searched his hand under the table. When I found it, I squeezed it gently and intertwined our fingers together. He didn't say anything but sent me a loving smile and I winked in response.

 

"Wow, wow, wow. Stop here, babybirds." Heechul hyung said. "Hands on the table and no lovey-dovey where we're eating, ok? No need to throw up in the middle of a samguypsal party. What happens in the dark has to happen in the dark, ok?"

 

"What are you talking about, hyung?" Donghae asked confused.

 

"It's Mommy for you, kid. And you perfectly know what I'm talking about. Hands on the table!"

 

Donghae seemed to understand then and reluctantly let go of my hand while I discretly glared at Heechul hyung because for once I decided to hear my cheesy and romantic instincts, he had to ruin everything. I pouted a little and glanced at Donghae who was starting eating his plate. I decided to hear my extroverted instincts this time and raised my head a little. Before Donghae could realize it, I put a light peck on his neck. I sat down back immediately and started eating again like it was nothing but in reality, my heart was thumping crazilly in my chest. Donghae looked startled (and quite stupid with his mouth open and full of rice) but then smiled and pinched my cheek.

 

"Aaah, you're so cute Kyu! So so so cute!" He exclaimed and pecked my lips.

 

I didn't want to stop here and put all my embarassement aside and claimed his mouth mine as I put my hands around his neck. I parted my lips lightly and he eagerly sneaked his toungue in my mouth. I sighed happily as he my sides lightly, our toungues still fighting for dominance. He bit my toungue and I whimpered a little but he took this opportunity to on it and lead the kiss which was getting more and more heated.

 

"Oh please!" Heechul hyung suddenly exclaimed.

 

We both jolted away from each others, our face completely red. Heechul hyung rolled his eyes.

 

"Can't you stop a little? If it was only me, I would already have shoved Hannie's up my but because it's not only me, I'm acting decent. Do the same, stop each others face and eat, for God's sake!"

 

"Heechul!" Hankyung cried while his face was as red as a tomato.

 

Siwon hyung squeezed his eyes shut as if he was trying to chase those horrible thoughts away from his pure and very straight mind.

Still blushing, I raised an eyebrow and sniggered a little when Hankyung was throwing a fit in chinese and by the few words I understood and the way Heechul hyung's expression dramatically fell into despair, I guessed he was depriving Heechul hyung from their naughty activities 'in the dark'.

Even if he didn't understand one word of chinese, I could easily imagine he got punished enough time to at least understand that.

 

"Hey, Kyu, hurry up. We have P.E. right now!" Donghae excitedly hurried me to finish my lunch.

 

"Why are you so happy about that? It's just soccer."

 

"But I love soccer!"

 

 

 

I hate soccer.

 

I was more of a nerd student than an athletic student, I had to admit it.

How could you possibly find a ball game more interesting than trying to solve Newton’s 4th Law of Motion? I would gladly find the stupid human who invented the Physical Education subject and put it as obligatory to be a scholarship student and burry him in the bottom of the ocean.

I had the choice between five sports ; volleyball, badminton, dance (who dances, really?), running and soccer.

Donghae and Eunhyuk pratically forced me to chose soccer over the other sports (even though dance sounded quite interesting - nah, joking) and the only thing I did since I joined was seating on the bench under the tree and waiting for the session to finish.

That day, I realized I just found a reason to pay a little more attention to the ball ; Donghae.

I already knew for a long tive that Donghae was really athletic and that he had played soccer with buddy Eunhyuk for years but now that I was 'officially his official boyfriend', the way his muscles were working when he was running after the ball seemed more entertaining than before.

Of course, I was still on the same bench under the same tree but now instead off trying to find funny forms in the clouds, I looked at Donghae's back with an incredible focus.

 

So focused I didn't hear Yesung hyung's warning shout. A foreign hard object collided with the right side of my face. It was so strong I almost fell over the bench if Eunhyuk didn't catch me in time.

 

"Hey, Magnae, you're fine?" He worriedly asked.

 

"YAH! Kyuhyun!" Donghae was there two seconds after, touching my face with utter concern.

 

"I'm fine..." I grumbled. "I'm just - who trew the ball?"

 

"I'm guilty, sorry..." Minho said.

 

"No that's fine... I -"

 

Donghae didn't let me continue and kissed the top of my head while he was sending a death glare at everybody else. They all bowed with respect and walked away, leaving Donghae and I alone.

 

"You're sure you're fine?"

 

"I'm not a little girl, Hae, ok? I'm fine, I'll survive."

 

"You scared me though..."

 

"I do that a lot."

 

I straightened up and kissed his lips lightly. He didn't let me go and forced his toungue in my mouth to deepen the kiss. I moaned quietly and forced myself to get away from him because everybody was watching.

 

"I'm just going to wash my face a little, ok?" I said to him.

 

I smiled, squeezed his hand and pecked his lips a last time before I got up and went to the bathroom while I massaged my swollen red cheek. I sighed a little and splashed water on my face. I tried to think about something else than the thumping pain and then found myself singing quietly.

I was alone in the middle of the men bathroom so my voice echoed against the floor even if I was singing really lightly.

 

It doesn’t matter if I’m lonely. Whenever I think of you
A smile spreads across my face.

 

It felt nice after so many months without using my voice.

Unexpectedly, Donghae's face popped up in my mind as I continued to sing.

 

It doesn’t matter if I’m tired. Whenever you are happy
My heart is filled with love.

Today I might live in a harsh world again.
Even if I’m tired, when I close my eyes, I only see your image.

 

I only hummed the rest of the lyrics and closed my eyes, trying to remember how beautiful it sound when I listened to it at home.

I turned the water off and opened my eyes to face my reflection in the mirror.

 

Little did I know, I wasn't the only one reflecting in the mirror.

 

"AAH!" I shouted and turned around startled.

 

At the door frame, Yesung hyung and Donghae were staring at me with wide eyes.

 

"Wha - what the , guys?!" I shouted out. "You scared the out of me!"

 

"You sing!" Yesung hyung exclaimed.

 

He walked wide steps to me and grabbed me by my shoulders.

 

"That's it! It's you! It's really you!" He yelled again and again.

 

I stared at him confused. "Hyung, what are you talking about?"

 

"You have such a beautiful voice, Kyu!" Donghae complimented me with a wide smile. "You didn't tell me!"

 

"You didn't -"

 

"Yah, sing again!" Yesung hyung cut. "You really do have a beautiful voice! Ryeowook and you are going to be perfect for the stage!"

 

"The sta -"

 

"For the solo, of course!" He excitedly told me and shook me like a fruit tree at the same time.

 

"I - what?!"


Hi. New chapter here. Hohoho.

 

So I hope you liked it? Now Kyuhyun seems to take the situation quite fine, doesn't he?

 

I'm kind of sick right now and I have so much homeworks so I don't know when I can post the next chapter... I'll try to do it this week-end.

 

Anyway, I  think there aren't a lot of chapters left now. Maybe five? Maximum 10? I don't know but it makes me so sad just to think about it x'(

 

Thank you for reading ~

The commenters and the susbscribers are the best ^^

 

P.S. : Sorry for the double update, but I have an important question here :

 

or no ?

 

Panda and Hedgehog, our little Donghae's drama is over :'( I'm going to miss it so much D'x