Chapter 1

Don't Fool Me

That was the most sad moment of my life.


Ok, maybe not. Just of the year. Or the month, I guess. But seeing Mum crying as if she won't see me anymore was heart-breaking. Because we're a family. A beautiful family who loves each other. 
My family and me were in the living-room, all my luggages ready in front of the principal door. 

 

"Mum..." I said, trying to comfort her.

 

I loved my family so much and didn't want them to cry for me on such a little matter. "It's not like I'm leaving you and Dad..." 

 

"Of course that's what you're doing, Cho Kyuhyun!" 

 

"Mum, I'm just going to a boarding university... And I'll be back almost every week-end."

 

Dad laughed a little and went to the other side of Mum to comfort her as well. "Why are you crying so much, Darling. You should be proud that our son got this scholarship to this prestigious Seoul University!"

 

It was my turn to hide a smile. I could practically see his eyes shining when he said I got the scholarship. Our family owned a private academy which as prestigious as the one I was going to study at and my parents were professors so they were really proud of me. 
And heck, I was proud of me too! All those freaking tests were the only things that were running in my mind the whole year and I swear I even dreamt of mathematical formulas one night. 

 

"I am proud" Mum continued to sob. "But what if he finds a girlfriend and then he won't come home anymore and I won't see him anymore and I'm going to be so sad without my baby son!" 

 

"Mum, I'm not going to find a girlfriend anytime soon." I sighed. 

 

"A boyfriend, then?" Arah teased from the other couch. I glared at her. 

 

That was so not the right moment to say stupid jokes. 

 

"Don't you have a violin to take care of? Or a boyfriend? Wait. You don't have one. Go back to your room."

 

"I'm your noona. You owe me respect, little boy." she said while smirking.

 

"Kids, please, behave." Dad said. 

 

"Well..." Mum started. "It's not like I'm narrow-minded, Kyuhyun, you do know that, right?"

 

"Sorry?" I scoffed, horrified.

 

"Well... I mean, that a girlfriend or a boyfriend won't make any differences to me." She said really quickly. 

 

I was completely frozen. Again, that was so not the right moment to talk about that. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Arah laughing crazily, but I was too shocked and embarrassed to glare at her. 

 

"Um..." 

 

"Well, if we have to talk about those kind of things" Dad said "I know it is very embarrassing, but as a man, you have to take care of your health and take responsibilities no matter what happens. And, well, it also counts if you..."

 

"DAD! This is not what I want to talk about right now! And no, I won't make a girl pregnant anytime soon, thank you!"

 

"And about your health..." Mum continued. 

 

"MUM!" I stopped her. "I know how to be safe if I ever want to... Have - make - s-..." I stuttered with a low voice. But Arah laughed even louder. She was so tactless. 

 

"But remember I want grand children, Cho Kyuhyun" Mum said with a serious face. 

 

Dad shot me apologetic eyes. I blushed. 

 

"Anyway" I said while standing up. "I think it's about time I leave."

 

I turned to face Mum. I approached her to hug her but then she began to cry again. 

 

"My baby son Kyuhyun is leaving me!" She sobbed. 

 

I mentally sighed. 
 

This is not the beautiful image of a beautiful family I pictured in my head. 

 

 


Two hours later, I was finally outside, waiting for the taxi to drive me all the way to the campus. 
I hugged Mum and Dad tight and kissed them goodbye. "Mum, you should stop crying. You're ruining your image as a severe professor." I joked.

 

She smiled faintly and hugged me again. 
 

I turned to Arah. "Well, goodbye, you."

 

"Goodbye, Kyu."

 

"Don't call me Kyu."

 

"Dont talk to me rudely."

 

"You're mean and you don't have a boyfriend." I retorted. 

 

"And you're a childish brat." She countered. 

 

We stared at each other and finally hugged. Even though she was annoying sometimes, I loved my big sister so much. 
The taxi arrived and when I put my luggages in it I turned a last time to face Mum and Dad and Arah. 

 

"Goodbye! I'll call you when I'm there." 

 

"Take care, son,"

 

"You know I will." 

 

I sat in the backseat of the taxi and waved at them. "Seoul University, please."


 

 

It was already too dark when the taxi deposed me in front of the university campus to take a look around. And I was exhausted. My house and the campus weren't that far from each other, but the whole night was very tiring. I went straight to the office of the campus to ask my room number and all the necessary papers I needed for the year. The year debuted only on Monday and we were Friday. I wanted to use the week-end to familiarize with the university. 

 

"Good night" I bowed to the woman at the office. "I'm Cho Kyuhyun."

 

"Oh, right. Cho Kyuhyun. The new student with the scholarship."

 

I blushed a little and bowed again. 

 

"Here's your key of your room. Number 214. The papers to help you around the campus. If

you need anything, ask your roommates or a professor."

 

I nodded and took all the things she was handing me. 

 

"Any questions?" 

 

I shook my head no. 

 

"Good. I'm watching an episode of my favorite drama. They're going to marry, you know?"

 

"Oh, um... Great...?" 

 

" Yeah, right? They were, like, meant to each other! But don't tell anybody that I'm doing that or I'll get scolded. Bye."

 

I bowed a last time and went away. Weirdo. 
 

When I reached my room, my luggages seemed to weight a ton. I hurriedly opened the door and went in to find my new roommates on the couch watching TV. They turned their heads to see who was going in. 

 

"Hi, I'm Cho Kyuhyun."

 

"Oh, hi!" One of them greeted. He was shorter than me and we could see his gum when he was smiling. "I'm Hyukjae. But call me Eunhyuk!"

 

He stood up and shook my hand in his. He looked like a monkey. But he looked nice and we shoudn't discriminate monkeys. Anyway. 

 

The other boy stood up as well and smiled. "Hi, I'm Kibum. Nice to meet you."
 

I smiled back. 
 

Eunhyuk looked at me curiously. "You're handsome."

 

"Oh. Thank you?" 

 

"You're welcome. So you're the new student with the scholarship thing, right? Cho Kyuhyun." 

 

"Yes, that's me, I guess..." I said, still confused by his sudden changes of conversations. 

 

"Don't think to much about him" Kibum said seeing my confused expression. "He has his own little world up there." He pointed his head. 

 

I laughed and he smiled. 

 

"You should put your luggages in your room, and then maybe we can talk a little?" He suggested. "Here's the free room."

 

"Okay, thanks. I'll be back soon."

 

The room was very spacious for a campus room. I was too lazy to unpack right now so I put the luggages in the cupboard (which was kind of spacious too). I just changed in clean clothes and went back in the living-room. And yes, it was spacious. 

 

"So, scholarship student" Eunhyuk/Hyukjae began but as soon as he said that, Kibum slapped his arm. 

 

"That's rude, dude." Eunhyuk rolled his eyes. 

 

I sat down in the sofa in front of them. "What's so special about being a scholarship student?"

 

"Well... Not so much. But most of the students here are spoiled brats. I guess they're not really impressed by the scholarship concept, even though it's so hard. I tried twice and I failed."

Kibum explained. 

 

I raised an eyebrow. "They basically think I'm poor?"

 

"If you really have to say it like that, well yes." 

 

" It's really not to brag or anything, but I'm kind of rich too."

 

Eunhyuk laughed. "At least, you're honest. But as Kibum said, it's a really difficult test so it's a quite rare thing that there are scholarship students. Oh, but don't worry, I don't care about that. Let's be good friend!" 

 

"That's stupid. I did the test to prove to myself that my capacities were enough to give me more than just a place in the university and that I could even have the scholarship."

 

"You still rock, dude." 

 

I laughed at Eunhyuk. I was glad my roommates were nice. 

 

"Did you already took a look at the university?"

 

"No, I was too tired. I wanted to go tomorrow, maybe."

 

"Do you want us to go with you? We're here for one year already, so we know the place. And then, we can introduce you to some friends so you won't be too lost around here." Kibum proposed. 

 

"That's a good idea. Thanks, guys." 

 

"You're welcome. Which section are you in?" 

 

"2-B."

 

"I'm in section 2-B!" Eunhyuk exclaimed. "Kibum is in section 2-D. And Donghae is in section

2-B. It's going to be a year full of fun!"

 

I raised an eyebrow. "You're so simple-minded, Eunhyuk..."

 

"Hey that's rude!"

 

I laughed and got up. "I'm going to take a shower and sleep. It really was a tiring day. See you guys tomorrow?"

 

"Of course." Kibum replied while Eunhyuk was still pouting. 

 

 


The next morning I woke up early and called my parents. They wished me good luck as usual and then I decided to finally to unpack. It took me a good ten minutes but then I really felt like it was my new home. My new really-spacious-for-a-student-room home. When I went to to the living-room, Kibum was already up preparing coffee in the kitchen corner. 

 

"Yoh!" I greeted "Can you make me some too?"

 

He turned and waved at me. "Of course."

 

"Thanks. Is Monkey still sleeping or what?"

 

He laughed loudly and handed me a cup of hot coffee. "I guess he is. The Monkey. You sure aren't scared to talk."

 

I smirked. "And I'm the youngest. I am so freaking great, aren't I?"

 

He raised an eyebrow. "You're younger?"

 

"Yep. But yeah, thanks, I know I'm great. That's so nice of you to reply."

 

"So you're the magnae." He ignored me a second time. "Funny."

 

As I was glaring to him, Eunhyuk got out of his room sleepily. He sat down on the couch without saying anythings. His eyes were closed as he took the pillow beside him and hugged it. "Kibum-ah... Coffee..."

 

"Go make it yourself, stupid." 

 

He grunted and let himself lay down on the couch. "I'm sleepy..."

 

I laughed and finished my own cup before washing it in the sink. "Come on, Eunhyuk. Cheer

up, I'll make you a cup." 

 

"Thanks!"

 

I gave him the mug and looked at his face while drinking. He frowned. "That's awful."

 

I smirked. "I know."

 

He glared at me. "What did you do to this poor coffee?"

 

"Honestly? Nothing. Just put the coffee in and then hot water."

 

"Not enough water, dude. Did you do it on purpose?"

 

"Nope."

 

"Liar."

 

"You're hurting my feelings!" I faked a offended expression. "But at least now you're awake."

 

He sighed and put the mug of coffee aside. I wasn't lying though. I really don't know how to cook. Well, maybe except if it's for myself, that's why.

 

"So what's the program today?" I cheerfully asked while watching Eunhyuk making a second cup of coffee which would actually be drinkable.

 

Kibum sat beside me and watched Eunhyuk as well, laughing because he was as slow as a turtle.

 

"I don't know. Maybe we can just hang around in the park and then eat lunch with the others?"

 

"Sounds great."

 

Eunhyuk finally sat back in the couch with a heavy sigh and drank the coffee with relief painted all over his face.

 

"Go on and throw it in my face that I make bad coffee..." I grunted.

 

He didn't even open his eyes and said "You make the worst coffee of this dormitory. Even

Heechul hyung is better at it. And it means a lot."

 

"It really does, if you actually compare it with Heechul hyung's." Kibum chuckled.

 

I raised an eyebrow. "I don't know this hyung, so I won't take it personally. Yet."

 

"I'll go clean myself now" Eunhyuk said. "I'll be there in five. Just do whatever you want while

I'm in there."

 

"It's not like we wanted your permission, you know?" Kibum stated.

 

"True." I nodded and grabbed the television remote to emphasize my word.

 

 

 

The park was huge. The university was huge. The classrooms were huge. Even the sanitories were huge (and incredibly clean). Everything in this school was huge.

I was looking from right to left with amazement, barely knowing where I was going. I could have been walking straight to a tree I wouldn't notice it.

My parents academy was also imposing but it was because of its prestigious history behind the establishment. Here it was because of their prestigious money.

 

"You mean this is actually a school? Not the billionaire's house next door?" I said dumbfounded.

 

"Yep. Welcome at Seoul University."

 

"You would think this university has a better name when you compare it to... this." I mumbled gesturing to the vast garden in front of us.

 

Kibum and Eunhyuk were casually walking with their hands in their pockets, not at all impressed by this completely new world. I guess they were already used to it. They finally decided to stop at a bench and they invited me to seat with them.

 

"So. What do you think, newbie?" Eunhyuk smiled.

 

"This is... Interesting? Yeah, interesting, I guess."

 

"I had exactly the same reaction when I first came here." He commented, looking around us with bored eyes. "Now this is just common things. You'll get used to it and even more surprised when you'll meet the other students. I don't know if it's going to be positive though."

 

I sat indian style on the bench ignoring Eunhyuk and Kibum's surprised look.

 

"Are you guys in any club?" I asked.

 

"Erm... Yes. Yes, I'm the dance club leader. Eunhyuk replied.

 

I nodded. "Are there any music clubs? Like a singing club?"

 

"Oh yeah there is. Yesung hyung is the singing club leader. you want to join it?"

 

"Yeah. I'd like to give it a try."

 

The sun was gently caressing my face and I closed my eyes to enjoy it.

I liked singing even though I was majoring in Mathematics. It made me so comfortable to raise my voice and find the right note. When I was younger, Mum made me sing in the neighborhood church's choir and they said I had a beautiful voice. I wasn't really sure of that point but I knew I liked it anyway.

 

"It's already 11:30AM, guys." Kibum noticed. "I think we should get going by now. The restaurant's not that far but I want to take a look at the bookstore."

 

"You always want to go to the bookstore." Eunhyuk commented.

 

"And you always want to go the music store. So get your up and let's go." Kibum retorted.

 

I laughed and got up. "I need to go to both so that's fine with me."

 

 

 

We arrived at a small restaurant something like one hour later. It wad really near the campus but Kibum spent so much time at the bookstore and Eunhyuk at the music store that we were 30 minutes late. And with our hands full.

I was with my one and only bag with a ballad CD and a self-improvement book while they had something like four bags each.

 

"Oh, we're here!" Kibum exclaimed.

 

He opened the door and directly went to a table full of students. They were at least ten of them. They all shouted with glee seeing Kibum and Eunhyuk who immediately greeted them back. I stayed there waiting for one of them to introduce me.

 

"Oh yeah guys! Let me introduce you to our new roommate! Cho Kyuhyun!" Eunhyuk finally said.

 

I smiled shyly and bowed to them.

 

"Oh isn't he cute?!" A feminine-looking guy said from the other end of the table.

 

"Erm... Thank you?"

 

He continued to look at me until the boy next to him hit him behind the head with anger.

Things were getting more and more strange.

 

Kibum laughed and made me seat between two of his friends. Then, he introduced me to the others and I had a hard time to memorize all the names. I learnt that I was seating between Sungmin and Siwon. They were both nice ; one of them liked pink and the other immediately asked me my religion as soon as I place by on the chair.

 

"Where is Donghae?" Someone eventually asked.

 

Who the heck is that again?

 

Then, someone opened the restaurant door rather loudly (he opened it with his foot since he wad carrying a huge box), gaining all the customers' attention.

 

"And that would be Donghae." Leeteuk commented and then took another sip of his coke.

 

As nobody seemed eager to help him, I stood us and hurriedly went to help him with the box. I put in the ground next to our table.

 

"Oh, thanks." He said.

 

I nodded and went back to my place.

 

He greeted everybody and then stared at me curiously.

 

He was quite handsome if I have to be honest. He had a cute face with a cute smile on a well-built body.

And he was now smirking.

 

At me. Which is kind of confusing since I barely knew him.

 

I blinked my eyes with confusion and stared back without realizing it. His smirk grew wider.

 

What the is wrong with him?

 

I frowned and decided it was safer to break eye contact.

 

"So what's your name?" He suddenly asked.

 

"Cho Kyuhyun." I hesitated a little then said "The new scholarship student?"

 

It actually came out as a question but it gained all the table's attention.

 

"Scholarship?" Hankyung repeated. "Wow, then you must be super smart."

 

"Not really..." I mumbled embarassed.

 

Donghae was leaning against his chair looking at me with a surprised look.

 

"What?"

 

He smirked again. What the heck?

 

"Nothing. So a scholarship, huh? And you're handsome too."

 

"Why does everybody say the same things to me?"

 

"Because it's obvious? I'm sure you'll have a lot of popularity with the other guys."

 

"Why would I have a lot of popularity with boys?"

 

"We're studying at a boarding university and the boys' and girls' classes and dormitories are separated." He laughed.

 

I raised an eyebrow. "So?"

 

"So?" He imitated me. "So no girls."

 

It took me five minutes to understand. Five full minutes when Donghae had all the time he

wanted to put his damn erted smirk back on his face with full force.

 

"You mean..."

 

"I mean at least half of your classmates will be gay."

 

I stared at him with shock. Besides me Siwon and Sungmin was smiling an understanding smile.

 

So that's why Sungmin was wearing a pink tee-shirt and pink shoes and a pink ring.

And that's why Heechul had his arm around the Chinese man's waist and that the latter was lovingly leaning his head on his shoulder.

 

I looked at him intently.

 

"And you...?"

 

"Oh no."

 

I sighed with relief.

 

"I'm not gay. I'm bi."

 

And that's why he had this freaking smirk on his freaking face.

 

Oh God.

I am so screwed.


I honestly didn't re-read the half of this chapter yet, so I'm really sorry for any mistakes. I'm kind of sick right now but I wanted to post this chapter to know if I should continue or just delete it ^^.

For the next chapter, I know myself and there are no way I would be capable of posting regularly. Sorry...

Thanks a lot for reading (and commenting and subscribing)!