Chapter 4

Don't Fool Me

I knew nothing, felt nothing but the warm sensation of his lips on mine. My eyes were at first wide open but then I squeezed them close when he tightened his arms around my waist and pressed me against his strong chest.

I was lost. Terribly lost.

The rational part of my brain was screaming at me how wrong was what we were doing. We are kissing. But I didn't dislik it. It even felt somehow nice to know that it was nobody else than Donghae that was slowly caressing my back.

Hesitantly, I put my hands on his chest and oh my God, abs. His lips were moving gently against mine. I wasn't responding but I wasn't fighting against it either.

My mind was completely blank and I would be more than happy to say that I haven't been able to resist to Donghae's strenght. But of course it's not true. Maybe I don't want to resist to him...?

But when he began to nibble my lower lip, my eyes suddenly shot open.

I realized with a shock what we were doing and where we were doing it. Because of that, and mostly because I was blushing and because I was scared I would kiss him back, I raised my fist and throw it in his face.

 

Little did I know, I didn't control myself.

I punched him so hard he shuffled backward and slipped before falling head first against the wall.

 

 

 

"It's your fault."

 

"My head didn't hit the wall by itself, Kyu. And it's not my own fist that punched my cheek."

 

We were in the middle of the infirmary as I was holding a bag of ice against Donghae's face.

It was already past midnight and I was exhausted.

 

"Don't call me Kyu. And that's still your fault because you kissed me!"

 

"It was just a peck, Kyu."

 

I glared at him. "Your lips still touched my lips, you ert."

 

It was so not a peck. How can he say that? It was our first kiss.

 

He smirked and pulled me to him. I had to look down because he was sitting on one of the beds. "I liked it."

 

I slapped his head. "I didn't. Hold the ice yourself."

 

"Liar."

 

I shoved the cold bag in his face and sat down next to him. He continued to smile happily.

I scretched my shoulders and yawned quietly.

 

"You tired?"

 

I nodded. "I'm exhausted. I woke up really early this morning... And it's very late right now. But that's fine, I'll wait."

 

I closed my eyes a little. Suddenly, Donghae put his arm around my shoulder and made me lean on his shoulder. I tried to resist but damn he's still strong even with bruises on his head and on his face.

 

"Just stay here if you're sleepy." He said gently.

 

My eyes were heavier and heavier by the second but I didn't want to sleep on him.

 

"Don't take advantage of my weakness, Lee Donghae. I can perfectly stay awake and wait until you're done."

 

"Just sleep."

 

I sighed at his stubborness.

It was comfortable though. Slowly, I fell asleep on his warm shoulder while he was hugging me.

 

The next day I woke up on my bed.

 

 

 

Donghae conserved a huge bruise on his handsome face for at least one week. I felt a slight pang of guilt every time I saw him smile then grimace with pain.

I yawned as I watched TV before class.

 

"Hey Kyu!" Kibum hyung cheerfully said hello to me and sat down on the couch.

 

"Don't call me Kyu. But yeah, hey hyung! How are you doing?"

 

"Fine but physics are killing me. I have an important test next week. And we still have to prepare the festival for Sunday..."

 

"Festival? What festival?"

 

"Oh you don't know about it?" He asked surprised. "Well I guess the teachers will talk about it soon anyway."

 

I nodded. "What's your test about?"

 

"Something about the... uh... I don't even know what the test is about... Oh-my-goodness and we're already Tuesday!"

 

I chuckled. "Do you want me to help, hyung?"

 

"Oh God yes please!"

 

I laughed and we agreed to meet at the library after lunch since we both had a free hour.

Eunhyuk showed up and we went to school. Donghae and Henry were already waiting for us and we went in the classroom when the teacher arrived.

I sat down and Donghae poked my cheek with a smile before he took place at his desk as well. I rolled my eyes at his childish behaviour.

The teacher began to talk about the maths test we did last week and gave us our copy.

 

"Good job, Kyuhyun." The teacher smiled at me and handed me my copy.

 

I got 93. I widened my eyes with surprise and happiness.

 

"93, hyung?! Wow!" Henry exclaimed. "I got 88!"

 

He showed me his grade and we high-fived. I turned around and happily asked Donghae his grade.

 

"I got 89,5" He said with a smile.

 

He ruffled my hair. "Good job, Kyu."

 

"Thanks!"

 

"Okay class, attention pleae." Mr. Jung exclaimed. "Most of you did great but I do hope some of you - in particularly you, Kwangsun and Chinhae - will do better next time. Anyway, I think you all know that next week the school will have the automn/winter festival."

 

Donghae began to play with the hair on the back of my head. I though of making him stop but it was actually nice so I just let him be.

 

"I'd like you guys to find something decent. Last year's horror house was a disaster. Do something like a café or a candy store or something."

 

He traced patterns on my neck and it made me shiver because of the tickling sensation.

 

"Guys, let's make a café!" Eunhyuk exclaimed. "Anything else would be a real pain in the ."

 

Junsu hyung laughed and they high-fived while the others laughed as well and immediately agreed. The teacher looked at them with a disapproving look.

 

"Language, Hyukjae. I'll let you guys talk about it. You are free until festival day which is Sunday. The university'll be open at 3PM so don't be late, okay? Good luck."

 

Conversations spreaded all over the room. They were all talking about the café idea.

 

"Kyuhyun?"

 

I turned around. "Hmm?"

 

Donghae pecked my forehead then winked.

 

"You really want to have your other cheek swollen?"

 

He just smiled.

 

"Donghae hyung, Kyuhyun hyung, what's this thing about festival? We don't have that in Canada."

"It's like an open day of the university." Eunhyuk explained while he sat down on my table. "Seoul University's girls' classes will come too. God that's going to be awesome!"

 

"If you want to get laid, just say it dude!" Donghae sniggered.

 

"I guess that's not so wrong." Eunhyuk laughed.

 

They burst out laughing and high-fived. I raised an eyebrow. Eunhyuk head-locked Donghae and they played around together like two children. I looked at them thoughtfully.

 

"So we're going to make a café, right?" I wondered. "And it's open to everybody? I'll ask my parents to come then..."

 

"I also would like to do so but my Dad's at Hong Kong and Mum had to go back to Toronto because of a job mutation issue..." Henry pouted.

 

"That ... Won't they be back on time?"

 

"Maybe Mum..."

 

"I think both of my parents will be here. Maybe even Arah."

 

"Oh!" Henry exclaimed. "Girlfriend?"

 

Donghae immediately stopped tickling Eunhyuk. "What girlfriend?! Who?! When, where?!"

 

I face-palmed him and continued to talk to Henry. "She's my sister, you Canadian."

 

"Oh... Well." Henry said with disappointment while Donghae seemed relieved. "And stop saying 'Canadian' like it's an insult!"

 

We worked on the café project for hours and when it was lunchtime, I ate at high speed because I had to go meet Kibum hyung for his physics test.

We worked on it for at least two hours and I had to explain him all the basics of the chapter. Donghae was also there just reading a book but glancing at me all the time.

At one moment, I was so frustrated because I couldn't find the words to explain what I wanted to say that I took his book from his hands and hit his head with it.

 

"Why did you do that?!" He shouted out.

 

"Your face makes me speechless. Anyway, about this notion..."

 

 

 

"Thank you Kyuhyun, you really helped me. I'll try to work on it a little more."

 

"Okay hyung. I'll go to the dorm first then."

 

He nodded and waved at us when we quitted the library. Donghae was still pouting because I hit his head.

 

"That was not nice, Kyu..."

 

"Sorry. But you should be used to it now, no?"

 

He narrowed his eyes at me cutely. "Anyway. I think it's going to rain soon. We should hurry up."

 

I looked at the grey sky and nodded.

Rain was pouring before we made half of the way to the dorm. I used my bag to protect myself while Donghae just walked casually.

 

"Hurry up, Donghae!" I shouted to cover the sound of the rain. "You'll be sick tomorrow!"

 

He shrugged but did hurry because I ran without waiting for him.

At the dorm, we were completely wet.

 

"I'm going to change." I sighed. "Be careful to not catch a cold, ok?"

 

"Yah, don't worry about me too much. I'm a big boy. Go take a shower and see you tomorrow, ok?"

 

I nodded and looked at him disappear in the stairs before doing the same.

 

But the next day he wasn't there.

 

The desk behing mine was empty and I looked around the room to see if he wasn't there.

 

Where is he?

 

"Dongae's not here?" Eunhyuk asked surprised.

 

I nodded. "I think he's sick, we were surprised by pouring rain yesterday..."

 

"Oh... I hope he'll get better soon, this fish."

 

I nodded and sat down, still worried about Donghae.

I was a little weak too ; I was sneezing all the time and had a runny nose. I was so exhausted too because of the cold.

Donghae didn't showed up the whole morning and at lunchtime I was really worried about him. I had a serious headache too and decided to skip the following class and go back to the dorm. I looked for Donghae's room without thinking about it and reached room 309 in no time. I took a deep breath and was about to knock at the door when it opened suddenly.

 

"Oh hey Magnae. How are you?"

 

"Siwon hyung? You're Donghae's roommate?"

 

He nodded. "He's really sick right now. Thanks Goodness you're here because he's so annoying when he's sick. Go in. Oh, but don't you have classes?"

 

"I'm sick too hyung... But nothing terrible!" I quickly added when his face immediately showed concern. "I'll just say hi to Donghae and then go back rest."

 

"Okay. I have to go then. Bye Kyuhyun. Take care and see you later."

 

I waved goodbye and went in. The room was quiet. I knocked at Donghae's room.

 

"God, Siwon, I already told you I won't take this damn medecine! Leave me alone!" He shouted from the other side of the door.

 

"It's Kyuhyun..."

 

I heard quick footsteps then Donghae appeared wearing just sweatpants.

 

"Can't you at least be decent when you have guest?" I commented. "Plus, you're sick. Go put something on."

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

"You're sick and that's kind of my fault too so here I am." I pushed him in the room and made him lay down on his bed then throw him a shirt.

 

I sat down next to him on his bed and looked around the room. It was messy and there were Nemo plushies everywhere.

 

"Kyuhyun-ah..."

 

"Yeah?"

 

He forced me to lay down and hid his face in my neck.

 

"Donghae?"

 

He ignored me and burried his head in my hair as I was pressed against his chest. His arms sneaked around my waist.

 

"Donghae. Stop it."

 

"Hmm..."

 

"Do you remember what I said about going overboard and meeting my fist? Go away now."

 

"But I'm sick." He whined. "And you owe me favor since you hit me last time."

 

"You deserved it!"

 

"Please, Kyu. Let's just stay like that."

 

He smelled like shampoo and I closed my eyes. He was so warm and comfortable. I felt my body relax between his arms. He covered us with his blanket and told me to sleep.

I tried real hard to get away from him but my body won't obey.

I blushed lightly and remembered our kiss.

 

I don't like him. He is a friend. Of course, he's just a friend and nothing else.

 

"I'm letting you do it because you're sick." I whispered.

 

"Hmm..."

 

"And you owe me a favor since I don't owe you anything." I continued.

 

He nodded.

 

"And you have to do all my tasks for the café."

 

"Fine..." He mumbled.

 

I closed my eyes and hugged him back because that's what friends do sometimes. He squeezed me gently and kissed my head.

 

It felt so right to be just here, with my friend.

 

I should have say something. I shoudn't have blushed when I felt his lips on my head. And I shoudn't have fell asleep feeling happy.

 

I should have done something.

 

But I didn't.


Our little Kyuhyun seems to be confused by his own feelings!

I hope you guys still like it so far. I plan on making things move a little more (I think) in the next chapter. But that's secret!

 

And 23 subscribers? You make my day, really.

 

Thanks for reading ~