Chapter 11

Don't Fool Me

I was laying lethargically across my bed, staring at the ceiling.

 

My room was dark, I've closed the windows shutters. I just heard faintly the muffled sound of Eunhyuk and Kibum hyung in the living room.

 

One day has passed. I haven't went out of room since Donghae told me he wanted an answer.

 

I came back in my dorm crying like a mess and locked myself in my bedroom.

 

Eunhyuk and Kibum hyung tried to talk to me but I stayed silent, just looking at the ceiling.

 

Just the ceiling.

 

I wanted so much to go to Donghae and tell him what I really felt, but it didn't work like that, isn't it? It's not that easy. Our relationship is broken since the beginning, wasn't it a good opportunity to stop it and burry it?

 

Those two choices were too hard for me.

 

One the one hand, I'd have Donghae back to my side but how was I going to manage our new relationship? How was I going to announce it to my family, my friends, the classmates?

 

One the other hand, everything would be back to normal. Back to the times when I was sure I was straight and I didn't meet Lee Donghae. This solution seemed too hurtful now that Donghae and I built this connection between us though.

 

I just couldn't make a choice.

 

So I stared at the ceiling.

 

 

 

After three hours alone, I heard the front door open.

 

Eunhyuk.

 

I heard his step going to the kitchen and then he sat down on the couch with a sigh. He got up again and he walked to the door. My door.

 

"Kyuhyun-ah..." He called softly.

 

I didn't reply.

 

"Kyuhyun-ah... This is going insane. This isn't normal, even for you. Who cries so much for this kind of issue?"

 

Me, obviously.

 

"Everybody is worried." Kibum hyung suddenly spoke. "Even Donghae hyung. He asked us to take care of you. Please, go out. You haven't ate anything since yesterday, Kyuhyun."

 

I stayed silent and rolled on my side.

 

I want Donghae...

 

"Fine." Kibum hyung said.

 

He went away and I thought they left me alone.

But of course, they were stubborn bastards.

I heard the door click and they suddenly appeared in the middle of my room, a copy of my room's key with them.

 

Kibum hyung had his hands on his hip giving me a stern look.

 

"Look at you, Kyuhyun. This isn't healthy!" Eunhyuk exclaimed as he forced me to get up.

 

"I don't care about health right now." I grumbled.

 

I tried to push Eunhyuk away but I was too weak.

 

"Go take a shower and then we'll talk in the living-room. I won't take no for an answer." Kibum hyung said and threw me in the bathroom.

 

I stared stupidly at the door before I turned around and sighed.

 

I guess I just have to obey.

 

I spent at least half a hour in the bathroom as I tried to relax under the hot water. My thoughts were more clear when I stepped out of the shower and dressed up. I looked at me in the mirror and glared at my reflection.

 

You're so pitiful!

 

I slowly opened the door and was surprised to find Eunhyuk and Kibum hyung talking with a girl, judging by the voice. I couldn't clearly see her but I had this bad feeling in the bottom of my stomach saying Arah, Arah, Arah.

 

And of course it was really her.

 

"Yoh, baby-bro. What's up?" She said casually but I noticed the nervous tone she was trying to hide.

 

"Already aware about what happened between Donghae and me, don't you? I have such trustful friends." I gritted through my teeth and glared at my roomates.

 

I walked furiously to my bedroom and sat down on my bed.

 

My sister went in quietly and settled down next to me.

 

We stayed silent for a few minutes until she decided to speak.

 

"What happened?"

 

"Nothing happened."

 

"Please, Kyu, I'm not stupid."

 

I glared at her. "Shut your mouth up and get out of my room."

 

"Now you look a little more like the real Kyuhyun! Tell me."

 

I wanted to stay frozen until she would give up but the words just went out of my mouth by themself.

I talked and talked and I felt so relieved again, like when I talked to Leeteuk hyung and the others. But this time, I cried as well. I cried harder and harder as I continued to tell her what happened. She didn't try to comfort me, she stayed there and let me be.

 

When I was finished, I was still sobbing uncontrollably.

 

"You're so stupid, Kyuhyun."

 

"I know!"

 

"Then why don't you go to him and tell him that you like him?"

 

"Because this isn't right, Arah! We're both guys, for God's sake! I used to like girls a few months ago, how am I supposed to make a u-turn just like that?! It doesn't work this way! I don't want Mum and Dad and the family, my friends, to be disappointed in me! Mum said she wanted grandchilds! I - I - Yes, I like him! I freaking like him so much but I'm also scared, Arah! I'm so so scared!"

 

"You're making it difficult while it's not, Kyuhyun." She sighed. "You were always like that since you were just a child. You don't try to solve things with the simplest way possible. You always look at the problematic parts of the problem."

 

"What?! Be clear, Arah!"

 

"I'm trying to say, Kyuhyun. Just look at your problem and try to find the simplest solution. Don't look at the consequences. And for Dad and Mum, you know they just want you to be happy. They'll never be disappointed in you just because you're in love.

 

"I - I'm not in love." I protested still sobbing.

 

"Who knows? I think you felt more harder than you think you did."

 

She got up and kissed the top of my head and smiled softly.

 

"Good luck, Kyuhyun. Hope everything will be fine soon."

 

She ruffled my hair and got out of the room as quietly as when she went in.

 

"I think your sister is right." Kibum hyung commented from the door's frame. "You're making everything too complicated while it's so easy."

 

"I don't know how to make it easy."

 

"Do you like him?"

 

"Yes. I think I do."

 

"Then that's easy."

 

 

 

Everybody was sleeping.

It was past midnight and there were high chances that Donghae and everyone else were already in bed.

 

It's easy, it's easy, it's easy... I repeated like a mantra in my head. It's easy, it's easy, it's easy...

 

"I think it'll be me easy if I drink something..." I mumbled and went to the refregirator.

 

I opened it and was glad to find two packs of beer (even though it was prohibited). I took one can and drink at once.

 

It's easy, it's easy, it's easy...

 

Two cans.

 

I went out of the dorm with the pack in my hands and walked slowly to the staircase.

 

It's easy, it's easy, it's easy...

 

Three cans.

 

My head was already dizzy because I didn't eat much that evening. But still, it gave me confidence so I didn't think about it twice and opened the fourth can.

 

I stopped right in front of Donghae's dorm. I put the pack at my feet and stared at the bell.

 

Easy. It's easy.

 

I pushed on the button and waited. Nobody answered the door so I pushed harder and harder and ended up pressing it without removing my finger.

 

"WHAT THE ?!"

 

Donghae bursted out the door and glared at me.

Until he recognized me.

 

He was wearing just sweatpants, revealing his perfect body.

I smirked and whistled.

 

"Kyu - Kyuhyun? What are you doing here?"

 

"They told me it was easy." I said feeling proud because I remembered. "They told me that I think about and I make it complicated. And it's not complicated. Well, they told me it wasn't but I'm not so sure, so I drank beer so I can make it easy. Now it seems easier. Isn't it easier? Do you think it's easy?"

 

"What are you talking about, Kyuhyun?" He asked worriedly.

 

"It's easy." I repeated. "I think I knew it since a long time, you know, I just was too scared to say it and now that Arah noona talked to me that's really clear. I'm not talking about the easy thing - wait. Yes, I am... Or maybe not? Am I?"

 

I thought for awhile and then shrugged. He was staring at me like I was crazy but my eyes only focused on his pink plum lips.

 

I grabbed him by the shoulders and kissed him hungrily. He was too shocked to kiss back but hesitantly he moved his lips along with mine.

I stoked his hair, his face, his ears, his abs, everything so I could remember it even in fifty years.

He sneaked his arms around my waist and shoved his toungue in my mouth with avidity.

I groaned shamelessly and let him take the control of the heated kiss. I was discovering his body again, and I tried to pressed us impossibly more closer than we already were.

His hands traveled down to my low back and sneaked under my shirt. I shivered with pleasured and moaned again. He moaned as well and bit my lower lip.

 

"Kyuhyun..." He whispered when we broke apart panting.

 

"I think I really do like you." I said trying to find my breath and all dizzy.

 

"Drunk people tend to say things they don't think."

 

"No, they say things they won't say usually when they're sober." I retorted and looked at him dead in the eyes. "I like you, Hae. I think I really do. Aren't I pathetic? I need to drink four beers to finally confess it to you!"

 

"Only four beers and you're already drunk, Kyuhyun?!"

 

"I don't know but I know that it's easy. Please."

 

"Go in, we'll talk about it again tomorrow when you'll be sober." He sighed.

 

I followed him to his room, my hand tightly tangled with his.

We layed down and stared at each other.

 

"Sleep, Kyuhyun. You look horrible with those dark circles under your pretty eyes."

 

"I want to look at you. I don't feel like sleeping..."

 

"Don't say that kind of things right now. I'm a total mess too and I don't want to have wrong hopes about us, Kyuhyun. Just sleep."

 

I nodded but kept my eyes wide opens, tracing his features with my gaze.

 

"I like you, Hae..."

 

"I like you too, Kyu."

 

Everything seems so much more easier now.