Betrayal Can Be Another Word For Love.

Emptiness filled

[Warning] This Chapter is rated NC-17 for language. 


[Flashback: July 2009]

 

"Hello?" said Changmin.

"It's me Minnie." said Yunho.

"Oh, Hyung what's up?" asked Changmin.

"Are you on your way back?" probed Yunho.

"Yes, I was just getting ready to leave." informed Changmin "What's up?"

"Can you come by the company for a little while." asked Yunho.

"Sure." said Changmin "Is there anything wrong?"

"No. Just come by the office." answered Yunho "I'll be in the studio."

"Ok." said Changmin "I'm on my way."

Changmin hung up the phone, grabbed his bag, and headed for the door. Looking back at his family sitting in the living room, laughing and carrying on, he smiled with a sigh. "I have to go back. I will see you all real soon. I love you all." said Changmin as he bowed respectfully. Heading out to the awaiting black Suburban, Changmin quickly got in and told the driver where to go. As the car pulled away from his home, Changmin felt a ping of uneasiness. "Why did Hyung sound so out of sorts?" he thought as the car slowly moved through the heavy evening traffic. He looked out at the people walking on the sidewalk, and noticed a father and son. The child, maybe four or five years old, was sitting happily on his father’s shoulders holding an light blue umbrella to shield him and his father from the light rain that had been falling the last few hours. The child squealed and squirmed with delight as his father reached up and tickled him gently. 

"They look happy together." whispered Changmin "Must be nice."

As Changmin lingered in deep thought, he worried about what would happen tomorrow. Would everything go as they had planned? Would they finally be free of the company? Could he and his brothers finally be happy? Worried about their near future, Changmin didn't even notice as the time flew by until the car stopped in front of the company offices. Changmin opened the door, before the driver could even remove his seat belt, and quickly got out. Feeling even more uneasy, he rushed to the front double glass doors and darted inside. As he was crossing the spacious front lobby, he was suddenly stopped by an intimidating figure.

"Sir, I was instructed to inform you that your presence is requested by the Chairman." said the security guard.

"Oh?" said Changmin.

"The Chairman would like to see you immediately." confirmed the security guard. 

"Alright." stammered Changmin as he nodded in agreement. He turned, and headed for the elevator. After he got inside, and as the elevator doors began to close, Changmin once again felt uneasy. Smacking his hand on his heart, "What's with me today?" he coughed. "Is it because the lawsuit is to be filled tomorrow?" "Why is Yunho even here, when he's supposed to be lying low?" "Did something happen?"

When the doors opened on the top floor, Changmin stepped out and looked down the long dark hallway towards the Chairman's office. With a sigh, he turned, a headed in that direction, until he was stopped and startled by the sound of yelling coming from the Chairman's office. As the indiscernible yelling continued, he slowly continued to inch his way down the hallway. Coming to within fifteen feet of the office door, Changmin came to dead stop as he heard a very familiar voice come out of seemingly nowhere. 

"ALRIGHT!" yelled Yunho "FINE!"

With that Changmin saw Yunho come out of the Chairman's office, slamming the door behind. Yunho's face carried the look of both absolute fury and bone-chilling fear. Yunho sighed deeply, glanced up slightly, noticed Changmin, and forced a smile. 

"Oh, Minnie you're here." said Yunho.

"What's going on?" questioned Changmin with a concerned look "Why is he so mad?"

"It's nothing." dismissed Yunho. 

"Are you sure?" Changmin probed "He sounded really furious."

"Yeah, I'm sure." reassured Yunho.

"Ok." said Changmin with a sigh "You ready to go home?"

"Not yet, there's something else I have to in the studio first." informed Yunho.

"Why don't you go down to the third floor and play video games in Manager Kim's office." suggested Yunho "I'll come get you when I’m done."

"Video games?" giggled Changmin "Ok!"

Changmin gleefully turned and headed for the elevators. As Yunho watched him leaving, he smiled a soft smile that quickly disappeared into a worry glare. Yunho reached into his pocket feeling for his cell phone. Quickly retrieving it, Yunho looked down at the phone and sighed as his eyes fell upon its photo background. "The first time we went to Japan." whispered Yunho as he continued to stare at the photo of him, Junsu, Yoochun, Changmin and Jaejoong laughing and smiling together. As a single tear streaked down his cheek, Yunho hit the #1 speed dial on his phone and sighed as it began to ring through.

"Hey Yunnie!" said Jaejoong cheerfully.

"Hey." whispered Yunho "Where are you?"

"I'm in my room." said Jaejoong "Su is watching TV in the living room, I think."

"I need you to come to the studio." said Yunho flatly.

"What for?" asked a quite shocked Jaejoong "And why the hell are you even there?"

"I left something in the studio." stated Yunho "So I came to look for it."

"Well? Did you find it?" asked a frustrated Jaejoong.

"No." answered Yunho "I need your help. Can you come to the studio and help me look for it?"

"Is it really that important to you?" whispered Jaejoong.

"Yes." whispered Yunho "Please?"

"Alright since it's important to you." answered Jaejoong with a drawn out sigh "Ok, I be there in a little bit."

Hanging up the phone, Jaejoong shook his head in disbelief. "What could be so important?" whispered Jaejoong as he headed down the hallway. Walking into the living room, he grabbed his coat and keys and looked up at Junsu sitting on the couch watching a movie.

"Su, I have something to do at the company real quick." said Jaejoong "I'll be back in an hour or so." 

"Ok." acknowledged Junsu.

Jaejoong headed out the door, jumped in his car and headed off to the office. As he drove, Jaejoong thought "Yunnie is so stupid. He shouldn't even been there tonight." Swerving quickly through traffic and nearly running a red light, Jaejoong began to feel a ping of worry. "What could be so damn important?" said a frustrated Jaejoong. After ten minutes, he finally arrived at the office. Parking his car quickly, Jaejoong rushed to the front double doors. He made it half away across the front lobby where he was stopped by four security guards. Jaejoong looked in disbelief as he noticed the look on their faces. Their stern and hateful looks made Jaejoong feel suddenly afraid causing him to slowly back away from the menacing figures standing in front of him. Suddenly the four security guards pounced on him, trying to restrain him. Struggling to get free, Jaejoong looked up with an angry look and yelled "WHAT THE HELL?"

"I'm sorry Sir," started one security guard "But you need to come with us right now!"

"What the hell for?" questioned Jaejoong angrily.

"The Chairman wants to see you right away." said another guard as they started forcibly dragging Jaejoong towards the awaiting elevator. 

Yunho paced in the hallway outside of the Chairman’s office, mumbling to himself and ever-so-often hitting himself on the head. As he shook his head trying to shake away the thoughts running chaotically through his mind, he was suddenly startled by the ring of the elevators door chime. Panic hit Yunho like a strike of lightning; he immediately turned around, and darted for the stairwell exit as fast as he could. "I can't let Jae see me!" screamed Yunho in his head. Yunho barely made it through the exit door before Jaejoong, being dragged by the four security guards, exited the elevator. 

"Sir, please stop struggling." begged one security guard.

"We don't want to hurt you." said another.

"FINE!" declared Jaejoong as he tried to stop moving "Just let me go and I'll go peaceably."

"We're sorry Sir. We can't do that." stated another security guard as they continued to pull him down the hall "We're just following orders, so please just cooperate."

When they reached the Chairman's office door, Jaejoong looked in surprise as the door immediately flung open and he saw Manager Kim staring at him with a cold glare. As Manager Kim stepped aside to allow entry, the four security guards dragged Jaejoong into the office and flung him violently onto the antique rug in the middle of the room. Jaejoong landed hard, unable to catch himself before he hit the ground. He slammed his head on the ground. Dazed, Jaejoong slowly pushed himself up onto his knees, shaking his head trying to get back his senses. He looked up to see the Chairman looking down at him with a dagger-like stare and brandishing a sadistic smile from behind his large mahogany desk. 

"You thought you were so ing smart didn't you?" growled the Chairman with a furious look.