The Year Their World Ended.

Emptiness filled

Calmly leaning against the wall, a perplexed Yoochun hesitantly glanced at the door and sighed. As much as he hated the thought of getting upset over the unknown he couldn't help but feel anxious. Whether it was his own lingering feelings or the fact that Junsu's words had stirred memories he had tried to forget, he was awashed in sense of confusion. Was history about to repeat itself?  He didn't know for sure but he was certain about one thing. Something was definitely wrong with Jaejoong. Yoochun put his hands to his face, gently rubbed his eyes, and looked up at the ceiling as he thought "Why is this happening again? I thought we'd finally let this go."

Yoochun looked at Junsu who was pacing around the living room like a lunatic. Junsu's face carried the look of both fright and pure anger. The longer he watched, the more he noticed that his beloved friend was quickly losing it. His hands were shaking, tears were streaming down his face, and he was sweating bullets. In a flash, Junsu bolted to the living room window, threw back the curtains, and stared intently at the driveway like a canine missing his master. He frantically scanned for any signs of Jaejoong. As disspointment crept across his face, he skulked away from the window and quickly resumed his pacing. 

"Su! Calm down!" Yoochun pleaded. "We don't know what happened yet!"

Junsu stopped and shook his head.

"Calm down? CALM DOWN?? How can I? You didn't hear his voice Chunnie!" Junsu said angrily.

"Just breathe Su, please?" Yoochun begged.

"I CAN'T!" Junsu exclamed.

"What if.. What if my fears are true? What if what happened three and half years ago, happens again?" questioned Junsu, "IT CAN'T! Jae barely survived it last time. You remember, don't you Chunnie? How far gone he was?"

Junsu returned to looking at the floor and pacing, as his mind continued to race. The memories of the horrible time came flooding back causing Junsu to shake his head violently. "No. Please God no." he prayed.  A few moments later he was stoped mid-stride as he was suddenly surprised to see Yoochun standing infront of him with tears in his eyes. Yoochun reached out and hugged him as hard as he could and sniffled "I remember."

 


[Flashback: January 2010]

A panicked Yoochun came flying threw the front door. With a look of sheer terror on his face, he scanned the living room and saw Junsu sitting on the couch with his head buried in his hands. The strongest of them all was now crying histerically as if his soul had finally shattered. The last six month had been a nightmare for him and Yoochun. Between all the legal issues, bad press, death threats, dissapointed fans, and Jaejoong's emotional state, the two friends were at the end of their ropes and emotionally fried. They had been betrayed by their closest and most beloved brothers. Their plan to save themselves from a horribly fated music career had backfired, and thier family was torn apart. Thier lives had went from absolute heaven to a torturous hell in a matter of mere months, and there was nothing they could do to fix it. Their world had truly ended. 

Yoochun ran to the couch and sat down by his weeping friend. 

"How is he?" Yoochun asked softly as he put his arm around Junsu trying to console him.

"Still the same." Junsu said through his endless tears.

"What happened last night?" Yoochun continued.

"I got a call from Mr. Jin at 3am telling me to come get Jae."  Junsu said as he fought back his tears.

"Jae got drunk again and caused a scene. He was cussing at the customers and all the staff." he explained.

"He trashed the place Chunnie." he continued with heavy sigh.

"Mr. Jin threatened to call the cops if I didn't come get him!" exclaimed Junsu.

"AGAIN? This is getting so out of hand." Yoochun said as he let out a heavy sigh and dropped his head onto Junsu shoulder.

"I'M GONNA KILL YUNHO FOR THIS I SWEAR!" Junsu screamed as he pulled away from Yoochun.

"NO YOUR NOT!" Yoochun fired back "What's done is done! What's more important right now is helping Jae."

"I know, but." Junsu said with a huff.

"Just breathe Su. We can't fall apart too. You know that right?" added Yoochun.

"I know Chunnie. I'm sorry." sniffled Junsu.

Suddenly the two friends shot up from the couch as they heard the sound of breaking glass coming from the bedroom. They bolted down the hall and came to the room where Jaejoong had been sleeping. Throwing the door open, they gasped as they saw a dishelved Jaejoong beside the bed. His clothes were mangled and filthy. Standing there with his back to the door and in a pool of broken glass and blood, Jaejoong sobbed uncontrollably. A shattered glass picture frame that once held thier debut night photograph, laid in pieces on the floor at his feet. "Aish! I'll get the first aid kit!" screamed Junsu as he darted out the door headed for the bathroom.Yoochun ran to Jaejoong, grabbing him around the shoulders and hugging him as tightly as he could. 

"Jae calm down." he whispered.

Jaejoong quickly pulled away and turned to look at his frightened friend. Yoochun looked in horror as the face infront of him was no longer the angel he knew. His eyes were red with dark circles and he looked as if he hadn't slept in years. His face was pale, as if all the color had been drained out of the world and there was nothing but emptyness left. His once beautiful angel was now a picture of pure suffering. Yoochun let out a soft sigh as he looked at his most precious friend.

With tears flowing down his cheeks, Jaejoong seemed to nearly faint as he dropped his head down on Yoochun's chest and cried out, "They abandoned us, Chunnie." Yoochun put his arms around Jaejoong's head and shoulders, ran his hands through Jaejoong's hair, and hugged him tightly. "It's going to be alright Jae.You still have us." he whispered as he slowly moved Jaejoong to the edge of the bed and sat him down. He scanned the room and noticed there was glass all over the floor and bed side table. "You slammed the picture frame on the corner of the table didn't you?" he asked but Jaejoong didn't answer.

"Why did they..? Yunho... why did he lie?" sobbed Jaejoong as he buried his head deeper into Yoochun's chest. 

Moments later, Junsu came back into the room carrying the first aid kit. Running to the other side of Jaejoong and sitting down on the bed, he carefully grabbed his friends bloody left hand. He put it on his lap and dug through the first aid kit for some gauze to clean the wounds. He looked up at Yoochun who just sadly shook his head. Junsu carefully continued to clean up the bloody mess, gently pulling away the glass shards embedded in Jaejoong's hand, and then wrapped it up securely. He put his arm around Jaejoong while holding his injured hand and said "Don't worry Jae, we'll get threw this I promise." 

"We have to fix this somehow." Junsu and Yoochun thought in unison. 

 


"I can't believe we managed to keep that whole ordeal away from the press." Yoochun scoffed.

"I know." agreed Junsu. 

As Junsu and Yoochun pulled away from each other, they heard a car door slam outside. Junsu bolted towards the door, flung it open, and gasped in horror at the pair of bloodshot eyes stared back at him with a blank expression. His eyes were sunken in and swollen, he was as pale as a ghost and reaked of alcohol. Even his normally rosey-pink lips had turned a milky white. He looked physically shattered and frail. Junsu felt his heart break into a million pieces at the sight of his dearest angel. Junsu forced a caring smile at Jaejoong, as if to reassure him he would be ok, but got only a blank stare in return. 

"Su?" Jaejoong whispered as he suddenly collapsed into Junsu arms.

"Chunnie, Help me!" Junsu exclaimed as he held Jaejoong tightly. 

They picked up the unconscious Jaejoong and carried him to the bedroom. Laying him down on the bed and covering him with the blanket, they watched intently as their angel breathed sporadically and sweated profusely.Yoochun ran off for a few minutes and came back with a washcloth and a bowl of cool water. Laying it on the bedside table he looked at Junsu who immediately pulled the nearby chair to Jaejoong's beside. Junsu reached for the cloth, dipped it in the water, rung it out and laid the now cool cloth on Jaejoong's forehead. 

"It's worse than I thought." mumbled Junsu as he sat in the chair.

"We don't know anything yet. Maybe it was just a simple panic attack." dismissed Yoochun.

"You didn't see the look on his face when I opened that door!" Junsu cried as he put his hand up to his eyes and rubbed gently. "What are we going to do?"

"Let him sleep. Thats what he needs the most right now. When he wakes up, he'll be more calm, and we can figure out what's going on." said Yoochun calmly "What YOU need to do right now is stay calm, Ok?"

"Alright, I trust you to know what's best Chunnie." agreed Junsu.

After two long grueling hours had passed, a dosing Junsu was awakened by soft shake. He looked up and saw Yoochun looking down at him with a loving smile. 

"Hey Chunnie." Junsu said sleepily as he rubbed his eyes.

"How is he?" Yoochun asked.

"Still asleep." Junsu said as he sat up in his chair.

"You should go take a nap, you look positively drained." explained Yoochun.

"I won't leave him Chunnie, you know that." Junsu stated flatly.

"I know." Yoochun said softly as he gently patted the top of Junsu's head.

Suddenly Jaejoong begain to stir as he moaned like a wounded animal. Raising his hands to his throbbing head, he winced at the pain. Opening his eyes slightly he slowly began to recognize the two figures standing above him as his vision started to clear.

"Jae, Are you alright?" Yoochun questioned eagerly.

"What happened?" probed Junsu.

"The.... the song." Jaejoong uttered slowly.

"Not again!" Junsu said in a huff "What possessed you...?"

"You saw him didn't you!" Yoochun interjected.

"Yeah." Jaejoong moaned softly.

"Jae! You have to stop doing this to yourself!" Junsu blurted out angrily. 

"I know..." Jaejoong groaned softly.

"I thought you were finally over this." sighed Yoochun in disbelief.

"Look, we both feel the same as you do, but you have to keep your promise to us. You cant go back to that way again." lectured Yoochun "None of us will be able to bear it a second time and you know that!"

"I'm sorry..." Jaejoong uttered as he fainted dead away.

Junsu and Yoochun silently got up, walked out of the room, and closed the door softly. As they slowly walked down the hallway towards the living room, neither of them uttered a word. Junsu walked through the living room to the kitchen, poured him a tall glass of ice water, and gulped it down. We he returned he saw Yoochun laying across the couch with his arm over his eyes. Junsu walked to the nearby chair and sat down with a thud. 

"How could this have happened?" Junsu uttered "We'd planned everything so methodically. How could they have ran into each other?"

"I don't know" answered Yoochun with a wounded tone.