The Promise Kept.

Emptiness filled

[Warning: This chapter is rated NC-17 for Language.]


 

"That's all you can do for him? What do you mean by that?" asked Yoochun as he looked at Jaejoong.

Junsu and Yoochun were sitting quietly beside their angel on the couch, watching him cry with his head buried in his knees, and felt horrible for bringing up the past once more. They knew they were taking a risk even bringing it back up, but they simply just couldn't take the not-knowing anymore. Sitting there, watching him sob uncontrollably and hysterically, Junsu and Yoochun felt a ping of guilt in their hearts. In their haste to get answers, they ganged up on the most sensitive one among them, and now he was in even more pain.

They had brought up that fateful night. The night that was never to be uttered, had been the most painful night of Jaejoong's life. For years, Junsu and Yoochun remained silent, never bringing up their past, in fear that the now stable mind of Jaejoong would instantly shatter and revert back to that horrific time. They all knew, that kind of pain could never truly be forgotten by Jaejoong - and to bring it up again, Junsu and Yoochun also knew they were risking of a full relapse. But after their most recent scare, the still unanswered questions about that night were haunting their every thought. Junsu laid his head on Jaejoong's shoulder, closed his eyes and sighed as his thoughts began to inadvertently drift back to that horrible night.


[Flashback: July 2009]

As the endless rain fell from the heavens, Junsu frantically ran from room to room, searching for Jaejoong. Opening every door he could find, scanning each room, and calling for Jaejoong; Junsu was filled with an increasing feeling of pure fright and panic. 

"Jae, where the hell are you?" cried out Junsu "Jae! Answer me!"

"Why did he have to do this now? The lawsuit will be filled in the morning!" said Junsu.

He had been searching the company's office building for over an hour. Now on the top floor, he finally came to the last office. Junsu opened the door, walked in, and scanned the room. "Where could he be?" he thought as he grabbed his head and shook it lightly. "Think Su, where could Jae have gone?" said Junsu to himself. As he stood there concentrating on figuring out where to look next, he was suddenly startled by the vibration of his cell phone. Pulling it from the pocket of his leather jacket, he quickly looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Yoochun.

"Chunnie, Please tell you've found him?" begged Junsu.

"No... There's no sign of him anywhere." answered Yoochun "I've checked with everyone I can think of. No one has heard from him."

"And to top it off, Minnie and Yunnie still aren't answering their phones" whined Yoochun.

"What?" asked Junsu.

"I can't get a hold of either one of them, and Manager Kim's calls are all going straight to voicemail." added Yoochun.

"Jesus! What the hell is going on?" screamed Junsu.

"I don't know." said Yoochun "Su, tell me again what happened earlier. Maybe there is something we just missed."

"I'm not sure really. Yunnie left a little bit after dinner saying that he had something he needed to do at the company. An hour later, I heard Jae talking on his cell phone. He sounded really upset. He came out of the bedroom grabbed his coat and keys, and told me he had something he had to take care of at the company and that he would be back in an hour. Even though he sounded really mad, I really didn't think to much of it, considering that he's been moody the last few days because of the lawsuit."

"After a couple of hours went by, I realized that neither of them had returned and Minnie never made it back home from his family dinner." continued Junsu.

"Ok,what happened next?" asked Yoochun.

"I was sitting on the couch when a number popped up on my cell. I didn't recognize the number, but I answered it thinking that maybe it was one of them calling from a payphone." continued Junsu

"Who was it? What did they say?" probed Yoochun.

"The voice on the other line just said, the angel needs you." answered Junsu.  "I asked the person on the other end what they meant by that, but all he said was FIND HIM." 

"I quickly hung up the phone and dialed Jae's number but there was no answer. I then tried calling Yunnie and Minnie's phones and also got no answer." said Junsu "That's when I called you."

"The angel needs you? Find him." repeated Yoochun. "Are you sure you don't recognize the voice of the caller?"

"It sounded familiar but it was really muffled." stated Junsu "Like he was trying to disguise his voice on purpose."

"Hmm." said Yoochun.

"I have searched every inch of the company building, looking for Jae, and still nothing." sniffled Junsu. "There's no sign of Jae anywhere."

"Did you check the stairwell?" suggested Yoochun "You know, that spot where Jae used to sneak naps in the sun."

"That's right!" said Junsu as he snapped his fingers in a sign of revelation "I completely forgot. I'll go check and call you back soon."

Junsu hung up the phone and ran for the nearest stairwell exit. Swinging the door open, he quickly ran down two flights of stairs before he heard faint voices coming from down below. Hoping he had finally found his brothers, he quickened his pace and traveled down two more flights of stairs until he came to stop one flight up from where the voices were coming from. As he looked through the metal staircase railings, he noticed Yunho standing on the landing in front of the window where Jaejoong used to nap in the sun. "Found one!" Junsu thought as he moved to head down the stairs. He suddenly stopped when he caught a glimpse of Manager Kim standing in front of Yunho with hard glare on his face. He glanced back at Yunho and noticed that he was crying.

"Why did I have to do that to him?" yelled Yunho at Manager Kim. "Why did you make me...?"

"You had no choice!" declared Manager Kim "He'll be fine."

"I will never ing forgive the company for this. I PROMISE YOU!" screamed Yunho.

"You have to calm down." ordered Manager Kim "You know this is the only choice you have."

In a flash, Yunho grabbed Manager Kim, by his coat and slammed him up against the nearby wall.

"Was it you?" growled Yunho with a dagger-like stare "Did you cause all of this?"

"NO!" yelled Manager Kim as he reached up and grabbed Yunho's hands "I'm just doing my job!"

"Your JOB?" said Yunho in pure unadulterated disgust.

"Right! Your job." scoffed Yunho as he let go of Manager Kim with a shove.

"They will all understand in time." reassured Manager Kim as he fixed his sport coat. 

"What you need to do is, do as you're told and they will all be safe." added Manager Kim as Yunho turned his back to him and looked out the window.

"I will protect them till the end!" declared Yunho as he stared at the rain falling from the heavens outside "Even if i have go to hell for it!"

Suddenly everyone was startled by a sound of the landings nearby door swinging open. Standing in the doorway was the head of the group's security, Mr. Choi.

"Do we have a tail on him?" questioned Manager Kim.

"Yes sir! Agent Lee is watching him as we speak." answered Mr. Choi.

"Has his location changed?" asked Manager Kim.

"That's a negative sir." answered Mr. Choi "He hasn't moved."

"Very well, inform Agent Lee to keep a close eye on him." ordered Manager Kim "He is to watch him closely and report back every twenty minutes."

"Yes sir!" answered Mr. Choi

"Yunho, we need to move you to a safe place for the time being." urged Manager Kim as he grabbed Yunho by the arm and pulled him towards the exit.

"LET GO OF ME!" screamed Yunho as he pulled his arm away "Give me a minute to get my head straight!"

As the manager nodded in agreement, Yunho slowly turned his back to them and looked out the window once more. A few seconds later, he slowly pulled his cell phone from his pocket and quickly began typing a text message. As he hit send, Yunho turned back towards the direction of Manager Kim and quickly concealed his phone in his pocket before anyone could notice. 

"Alright lets go." declared Yunho.

Junsu glared with a combination of anger and confusion, as he watched Manager Kim, Mr. Choi, and Yunho walk through the exit. As the door closed behind them, he felt his cell phone vibrate in his pocket. Grabbing it quickly, Junsu looked in shock as he read the screen. 

You have 1 Photo Message

Sender: Yunnie.

Junsu immediately opened and read the message out loud. "The Angel needs you. Find Him." Junsu looked down at the photo that was attached and knew instantly where to look. It was of a place that he knew very well. "IT'S OUR PARK!" Junsu exclaimed as he darted down the stairs heading for the first floor exit. He kicked open the emergency exit and ran as fast as he could down the alleyway towards the street. He quickly hailed a cab, got in, told the driver where to go, and hit the #2 speed dial on his phone.

"Chunnie it's me. I know where Jae is!" Junsu said eagerly "He at our park! Meet me there!"

"What's wrong?" asked a frightened Yoochun. "I got a bad feeling all of a sudden."

"I'll explain later." cried Junsu "Hurry up and meet me there!"

"I'm on my way." stated Yoochun.

Ten minutes later, Junsu arrived at the park and quickly headed towards the playground. He knew that would be where Jaejoong was hiding. Every time, in the past, when things got to hard for Jaejoong or something bad happened, Jaejoong would sneak off to this park. He would sit on a bench on the hill above the playground and quietly listen to all the children playing down below. The sound of their happy cheers and playing always comforted him, and helped him think calmly about what was bothering him. 

Rounding the large oak on the paths last turn, Junsu stopped and stared as he saw Jaejoong lying, with his arms over his eyes, on his favorite bench. Junsu slowly headed towards Jaejoong apprehensively, not knowing what mental state he was in. As he came to Jaejoong's side he heard the faint sound of crying. With a sigh, Junsu quietly knelt down beside the bench and laid his hand on Jaejoong's forehead. 

"Jae?" Junsu whispered softly "It's Su."

"Are you alright?" questioned Junsu.

Jaejoong slowly pulled his arms away from his face to reveal what he had been concealing. Junsu looked in horror as he stared at their beautiful angels face. His cheek was bruised, left eye was black, and his lip was busted. 

"Dear God. Jae are you alright?" said Junsu in a frightened voice. "What happened?"

Suddenly the wind shifted and Junsu could smell the strong stench of alcohol. Glancing down at Jaejoong's waist he noticed five empty bottles of Soju pinned between Jaejoong and the bench's back board. At that moment, Yoochun came running up behind them and stopped dead in his tracks as his eyes fell upon Jaejoong.

"Jae! Are you alright?" said a panicked Yoochun "What happened to you?"

"Jae?" said Junsu as he ran his hand through Jaejoong's hair "Tell us what you need. What do you want us to do?"

"Take.. me .. home." said Jaejoong as his tears began to flow heavily once more "I just want to go home."

 


 

Junsu put his arms around Jaejoong, hugged him tightly, looked up at Yoochun, and just shook his head.

"This won't work." sighed Junsu

"We're sorry Jae. Please calm down." Junsu pleaded "Come on."

Junsu and Yoochun carefully lifted Jaejoong off the couch and took him to his room. Laying him down on the bed and covering him with the blanket, the two friends watched as thier sweet angel suffered as the thoughts of that day were playing out in his mind. As tears begain to streak down Junsu's face he quickly turned and looked at Yoochun.

"What do we do now?" Junsu cried softly.

"You know this only leaves us with one other option, right?" questioned Yoochun.

"It's been three years since we talked to the little one." commented Junsu "Do you even think he will give us the time of day?"

"We have to try." said Yoochun "Maybe he can shed some light on all of this."