The Best Laid plans...

Emptiness filled

 

"Alright." sighed Junsu "If you think thats the only way."

"Call Hyun Joong." said Yoochun "If any one can get up with the little one, it would be him."

"I'll try." sighed Junsu "But, you remember what he said three years ago right?"

 


[Flashback December 2009]

 

"Hello?" answered Hyun Joong.

"It's Su." stated Junsu. "Where are you right now?"

"Hokkaido." informed Hyun Joong. 

"Wow. Umm." stammered Junsu "We need another favor."

"I thought as much." mumbled Hyun Joong.

"We need you to give a message to the little one for us." informed Junsu.

"Look Junsu. You know I love Jae to pieces, but this is getting rediculous." grumbled Hyun Joong. 

"You know we wouldn't ask you unless is was something really important." reassured Junsu "It's about Jae."

"Ugh. Ok what's the message?" asked Hyun Joong.

"You can tell him whats going on with Jae, but don't go into detail." stated Junsu "We don't want to worry him."

"Then why tell him at all?" probed Hyun Joong "Wouldn't it be better just to keep him the dark?"

"He needs to know." said Junsu "If only, to make sure that the information never reaches Yunnie."

"Tell the little one that he needs to continue to protect him." continued Junsu.

"Aish! I wish you guys would just settle this mess already!" exclaimed Hyun Joong "I'm really tired of being stuck in the middle of all this."

"You're our only connection." Junsu said softly "You know we wouldn't ask you otherwise."

"I know. Ok. I will relay the message." agreed Hyun Joong "BUT! Junsu this is the absolute last time. Don't ever ask me again. Understand?"

 


 

"We have to try." stated Yoochun flatly "It's been long enough, maybe hes forgotten about all the times before."

"Not likely." dismissed Junsu "He's going to say no."

"Remember we still have our hidden card." giggled Yoochun "I still have it."

"Oh, that's right." giggled Junsu as he clapped his hands together "The picture."

"Just tell him we'll give it back." Yoochun winked slyly.

"Alright." laughed Junsu "He'll definitely help to get THAT back."

As Junsu pulled his cell phone from his pocket, he slowly walked toward the balcony doors. Opening the doors, he was quickly hit with familar fragrance of the jasmine that bloomed all round the balcony. His thoughts quickly went to Jaejoong. "Jae's favorite flower." he thought as he looked down at his phone and quickly dialed the number for Hyun Joong.

"Hello Su." answered Hyun Joong.

"Hey." said Junsu softly.

"You haven't called me in six months. How have you been?" asked Hyun Joong.

"Good." stated Junsu "Until recently."

"Oh, really?" answered a perplexed Hyun Joong "What's wrong? Schedule wearing you out again?"

"It's.. Jae." Junsu answered with a heavy sigh. "He's been acting really weird again and..."

"..and what?" asked Hyung Joong.

"Well, we sortof had to bring it up again." Junsu admitted as he scratched his head "We tried to get him to talk about it. But.."

"YOU DID WHAT?" yelled Hyun Joong in a fit of shock "Why in the hell would you do such a thing?"

"You two are always meddling in things you should just let die!" grumbled Hyun Joong.

"It wasn't us this time!" defended Junsu " We didnt start this. He.. he ran into Yunnie at the airport."

"Jesus!" sighed Hyun Joong "I thought you guys were on top of things!"

"We did too." admitted Junsu.

"Is Jae alright?" panicked Hyun Joong "Please tell me he's not...?"

"Thankfully, No." reassured Junsu "But..."

"We need to settle this now!" declared Junsu "We can't take it anymore and I'm not sure how much longer Jae will be able to either." 

"Things are just going to continue to get worse every time he sees him." cried Junsu "To the point, that he will relapse."

"No matter how much we plan.." continued Junsu "Yunnie always manages to show up in front of Jae somehow."

"I see. So that's why you're calling me." sighed Hyun Joong in disbelief.

"I'm sorry Joongie. Your still the only one who can contact the little one safely." apologized Junsu. "We're truly sorry for always putting you in this situation. You know that. But, you're our only option. Please."

"If we try to contact the little one ourselves." started Junsu "he will catch serious hell for it. Last time we tried he got secluded from his family for a month. They even smashed his phone."

"I told you! I didn't want to do this anymore." stated Hyun Joong "I'm sorry. I can't help you."

"We know we're asking alot of you." cried Junsu "Please. Just this one last time."

"We'll even pay you for your help this time." said Junsu playfully.

"Pay?" questioned Hyun Joong "I dont need money."

"I didn't say anything about money." stated Junsu flatly.

"Sorry. I dont want to get involved anymore." said Hyun Joong. "Even if it's for Jae, I can't do it anymore."

"Well, since you won't help, I guess we don't really have a reason to keep this picture anymore." said Junsu with an evil tone "I guess I could send it to the tabloids instead. I'm sure they could find a use for it."

"Wait! Wait! Wait!" exclaimed Hyun Joong and sighed "Alright!"

"You have to promise me that you will give it back and this will the absolute last time I have to get involved." said Hyun Joong.

"Promise!" said Junsu happily.

"What do I need to do?" asked a disgruntled Hyun Joong.

"Here's the plan." whispered Junsu.


 

Yoochun, sitting anxiously on the couch, stared through the balcony glass doors at Junsu. Hoping that Hyun Joong would agree to help them, Yoochun let out a heavy sigh. "He has to help." he thought as he layed his head on the back of the couch. Suddenly he heard Jaejoong calling for Junsu. He got up and ran down the hallway to Jaejoong's room. Opening the door, Yoochun looked at the angel lying in bed. Jaejoong looked up at Yoochun and smiled.

"What is it Jae?" asked Yoochun "Su, is on the phone. What do you need?"

"I have a headache Chunnie." moaned Jaejoong. "Could you...?"

 "I'll get it." said Yoochun "You just rest. I'll be right back."

Yoochun walked to the bathroom, grabbed the medicine from the cabinet, filled a paper cup with water, and walked back. Arriving at Jaejoong's bedside, he handed the water and medicine to him. "Here." said Yoochun. Jaejoong put the medicine in his mouth and quickly gulped down the water. Handing the cup back to Yoochun, Jaejoong smiled and said. "Thanks Chunnie." Yoochun smiled back and said. "It's alright. Just get some more rest." Yoochun walked out of the bedroom and shook his head as he closed the door behind him. As he walked back into the living room, Yoochun began to feel uneasy. Would their ploy work on Hyun Joong? Would he agree to help them one more time? The thought of the unknown weighed heavily on his mind, as he entered the living room to see Junsu coming in from the balcony.

"Well?" asked Yoochun eagerly "What did he say?"

"You're sure you still have that picture in a safe place, right Chunnie?" asked Junsu.

"Yeah." stammered Yoochun "Does that mean he'll help?"

"Yup looks like the bait worked." giggled Junsu maniacally"That's what he gets for getting drunk around us and passing out."

"Thank goodness." exhaled Yoochun as he giggled softly.

"I'm going to check on Jae." said Junsu.

"I was just in there. He was calling for you earlier." informed Yoochun.

"What?" asked a worried Junsu "Is he alright?"

"He's ok. You don't need to check on him." said Yoochun "But, I know you will anyway. Go on."

Junsu headed down the hallway till he reached Jaejoong's room. Slowly opening the door, he heard the slight whisper of crying. Peaking in, Junsu smiled as he saw Jaejoong sitting up in bed, with his head resting on the head board, a few latent tears slowly streaming down his face. Junsu walked in, softly closing the door behind him, and walked over to Jaejoong's bedside. He sat down in the bedside chair and sighed. 

"Are your alright Jae?" Junsu asked softly.

"I'm alright."  whispered Jaejoong.

"Jae.." whispered Junsu "I'm really sorry about earlier."

"You scared us half to death two weeks ago." started Junsu "... and we just couldn't let it go anymore."

"I know." exhaled Jaejoong "I'm sorry I'm putting you two through this. I'm even more sorry to you."

"To be honest." started Jaejoong "I don't know why I'm even like this anymore."

"So much has happened in the last four years." continued Jaejoong "But, I still can't seem to let this go."

"I bury it, ignore it, and try to move along with my life." sighed Jaejoong "But, something always happens to bring it all back."

"It's because we haven't really settled it, once and for all." sighed Junsu "Until we do, we will all continue to be an emotional mess about it."

"What I've never understood," continued Junsu "is why you chose to bury it. Especially if it hurts you so badly."

"If you'd only talk about it..." sighed Junsu "we could help you."

"I have no choice." whispered Jaejoong "What happened that night, and why they abandoned us is a story only Yunnie can tell."

"Why can't you atleast tell us what he said to you that night." said a frustrated Junsu "You won't even tell us how you ended up all beat up and bruised."

"I don't want to talk about that." whispered Jaejoong.

"Jae, Please." begged Junsu softly as tears began to stream down his face "Who hurt you?"

"Su, You know I love you..." stammered Jaejoong "But, I can't tell you. I have my reasons."

"With him gone." sniffled Jaejoong softly "It's my job to protect you and Chunnie. Can't you just accept it as that?"

"But..." said Junsu

"Please, don't push." begged Jaejoong.

"Alright." said Junsu with a sigh as he stood up an patted Jaejoong on the shoulder. "Get some rest."

As Junsu turned to leave, Jaejoong quickly grabbed his wrist to stop him.

"Don't go." begged Jaejoong softly.

Turning back to look at Jaejoong, Junsu noticed that he had begun to cry again.

"You know I only have you and Chunnie now, Right?" cried Jaejoong softly.

"And you always will." answered Junsu with a sweet smile "Till the end of time."