When will this day be over?

Emptiness filled

As the thunder crashed and lightning streaked across the rainless sky, a sleeping Yunho felt someone tugging at his shoulder. With a scowl on his face he brushed the nuisance away and readjusted in his seat. The hand reached for him once more and shook his shoulder once again. Faintly, Yunho heard a sweet voice but he didnt recognize it. He let out an aggrivated moan and turned his head away. Once again he felt a shake, and heard the faint voice again.

"Sir. Sir! Please wake up." the voice pleaded. 

Yunho's eyes fluttered.

"SIR! Wake up now!" the voice pleaded louder.

Yunho shuffled in his seat, and thought 'Ugh, leave me alone I'm tired'. He felt the shake once more and slowly began to open his eyes. Adjusting to the bright lights of the room, he covered his eyes with his hand and yawned deeply.

"I'm sorry to wake you Sir, but we're almost there." said the soft voice.

Yunho removed his hand and glanced up to see a beautiful stewardess smiling sweetly back at him.

"What?" ask Yunho sleepily.

"We'll be landing in Seoul in fifteen minutes, Sir. You need to put your things away and put your seatbelt back on." she said cutely.

"Oh, Sorry. Thank you." Yunho said with a smile and quickly put his belongings away.

He glanced out the window and noticed the sky. 'Looks like it going to be a bad storm. At least its not raining yet.' he thought.

A few minutes later he heard the PA system key up.

"This is your captain speaking. We will be arriving in Seoul in approximately ten minutes, where the local time is 10:20pm. The current weather forcast for Seoul is a 90% chance of rain.We would like to apologize to our passengers for such a long flight and hope you enjoy your stay in Seoul, Korea. Once again thank you for choosing Korean Airlines, Have a wonderful night." 

"I'm finally home" Yunho thought. After three months of an extensive world tour he was finally going to get to rest for a while. He was so overly exhausted. He missed home; he missed the serenity and familiarity of his mother land. He was so grateful for such a successful tour but he was continually homesick the whole time.The thoughts of all the food he wanted to eat, the few friends he wanted to see, and the allure of his own warm bed filled his head and brought a smile to his face. As the plane touched down on the runway with a bump, his smiled widened.

"Thank God I'm home." he whispered. 

After the plane came to a full stop, Yunho quickly gathered his things and headed for the jetway. Walking towards the terminal he was so lost in thoughts of how he was going to spend his vacation at home, that he accidently bumped into a hooded figure hard causing him to lose his ballance. The hooded man caught him, steadied Yunho, and smiled at him behind dark sunglasses.

"Excuse me. Sorry." Yunho apologized.

"It's alright. Please be more careful or you will hurt yourself." said the man in a sweet voice.

Yunho bowed slightly at the understanding man and continued into the terminal. Looking up from his watch he saw the other passengers hugging their families and friends. Their smiling faces brought a smile to his face, which quickly faded away, as he remembered that no one was waiting for him. It had been so long since he had a loved one to welcome him home, and even though he was used to this disappointment, he still felt the ping of loneliness. He pulled down the brim of his cap and shuffled through the crowd towards baggage claim. He quickly found his luggage and headed toward the doors. He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and grabbed it.

"Hello?"

"Hyung It's me." said Changmin. "Have you landed yet?"

"Yeah, Just now." Yunho answered "Did the company send a car?"

"Of course Hyung, it's waiting right outside for you." reassured Changmin "The boss said for you to go home and sleep. He'll call you in a few days, OK?"

"Ok got it. I'll talk to you later Minnie. Love you bro." said Yunho.

"Rest well Hyung, Love ya." giggled Changmin.

Yunho headed towards the double glass doors and jumped when a loud thunderclap echoed across the sky. He shuddered. "I better get moving before the rain hits'"  he thought. As he stepped out the door, and as if sky had been torn in twain, the rain collapsed onto him. "Great" he exclaimed as he hung his head. "How can this day get any worse?" he thought. He stood there wallowing in his own misfortune when he realized the rain had stopped, or so he thought. He looked up to see his driver holding an umbrella over him with a concerned smile.

"Sorry Sir, Are you alright?" said the panicked driver "Lets get you out of the rain, please follow me."

They rushed to the nearby limo and Yunho quickly got in. The driver retreived the luggage and began loading it into the trunk. Yunho looked up at the sky. "Why are you picking on me today?" he asked to seeminly no one. 

Lost in thought, he was quickly snapped back to reality as he heard a door slam. The driver spoke up.

"Sir, I was instructed to take you where ever you want to go. Where would like to go?" he questioned.

"Home,  I just want to go home." Yunho sniffled.

"Right away Sir!" he confirmed "You must be tired from your flight, would you like me to play some soft music and let you rest?"

"Yes, please." answered Yunho as he leaned back in his seat.

The driver reached down and the radio. Adjusting it to the local classical music station and turning up the music slightly, he returned his eyes quickly to the road and set on his task. 

 


[Meanwhile]

The hooded figure made his way the crowded airport. Exhausted from the flight,  he was so happy he was finally home. This last month in Japan had really zapped his strength. He couldnt wait to see his brothers and hug them tightly. He missed them so much. His solo career was a big hit in Japan and after a successful promotional rotation he was finally going to get some much need rest. His thoughts turned to his family, 'Man I cant wait to see everyone'. A large smile stretched across his face as he sighed contently. Then reality set in as his thoughts fluttered over everything he still had to do tonight. "Ugh its going to be a long night!" He continued through the terminal going over his schedule for the rest of the night in his head when the thought of the man who bumped into him earlier crossed his mind. 'He looked so tired' the man thought as he shook his head.

"I can't think about that now, I'm already late." declared the man. 

He quickly grabbed his luggage and ran outside to hail a cab. 

"Where to Sir?" asked the driver.

"CJeS Entertainment Please" said the man.

"Right away Sir!" replied the driver.

 


 

As if it was the begging of a blissful dream, Yunho smiled as Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata began playing from the radio. It had been so long since he heard this piece that he found himself sighing deeply and humming along. He closed his eyes and laid his head on the headrest for a moment feeling the music, listening to the falling rain, and thinking of things long since passed.  The music crept into his mind as he felt a familar touch on his face. A tear escaped his closed eyes as he whispered softly, 'Where have you been?'

 


[Flashback: July 2004]

"I've been right here silly. Are you feeling any better?" a concerned Jaejoong asked.

"I'm Ok, I'm always ok" coughed Yunho.

"Idiot, I told you if you went running today you would get rained on. Now look at you. Stuck in bed with the flu." Jaejoong sniffled.

Yunho opened his eyes to see a frightened Jaejoong smiling down at him from above. His hair was a total mess, and he looked like he hadn't slept in days. The sight of his best friend in this state tugged at his heart. He felt so guilty for worrying him. Looking intently at his worried friend he noticed that his eyes were red and swollen. Yunho reached up and touched his friend's face gently and smiled.

"You were worried, were'nt you? Have you been here all night?" Yunho asked softly.

"I couldn't just leave you by yourself, I was so worried!" answered Jaejoong.

"I'm sorry I didn't listen to you. I promise I will from now on." comforted Yunho.

"We'll see about that." Jaejoong retorted with a huff.

"What time is it?" Yunho questioned with a heavy sigh.

"It's 4:30am. You've been out for almost 7 hours." Jaejoong sniffled.

"Where are the kids?" joked Yunho.

"They're all asleep, finally. They didn't want to go to sleep until you woke up, but after much convincing, I got them to go to bed about an hour ago." informed Jaejoong.

Yunho reached out and gently patted Jaejoong's knee and said, "You've had a hard time because of me, I'm sorry."

"Ehh, This isn't the first time and won't be the last" giggled Jaejoong as he reached to feel his best friend's forehead. "You still have a fever! Get some more sleep and I'll go make you some porridge."

"You're leaving me?" Yunho whined "Stay with me till I fall asleep, please?"

"Alright" answered Jaejoong with a sigh, as he sat back down on the bed next to his sick friend.

As Yunho slowly closed his eyes, Jaejoong reach out and gently laid his hand on his precious friend's head and began to sofly pat it softly while humming a sweet and familiar lullaby. As Yunho drifted off to sleep, he heard Jaejoong say "Don't ever scare me like that again."

"I won't, I promise" declared Yunho.


 

"What was that sir?" asked the confused driver.

"Oh nothing." stammered Yunho as he sat up in his seat. "Are we there yet?"

"Five more minutes, Sir" informed the driver.

"Good." whispered Yunho.

Yunho looked out the window to see the familar sight of his neighborhood. The rain was pouring even more heavily now giving him the feeling of typhoon season. He shivered and thought "When will this day finally be over?" They came to stop outside Yunho's home, the driver quickly exited the car and ran to Yunho's door. As the driver opened the door, and Yunho stepped out he muttered under his breath "What a miserable day". The driver escorted him to his front door. When they arrived the driver looked up at Yunho and smiled.

"Please go in Sir, I will bring in your luggage." said the driver.

Yunho nodded and quickly opened the door. Turning on the lights and seeing the very familar sight of his home the sadness in heart lifted a bit. Kicking his shoes off and slipping on his house shoes, Yunho slowly made his way to the couch and collapsed with a thud. The driver entered a few moments later carrying the luggage. Setting it aside, he walked up to the now sleeping Yunho. "He must be exhausted" he thought. He reached down and put Yunho's dangling leg on the couch beside the other one and grabbed the blanket from the nearby chair. Covering him gently, he whispered "Rest Well", and then quietly snuck out of the house making sure to close the door softly as he left.

"Goodnight Jae" whispered Yunho as blissful sleep finally over took him.