What Is This Feeling?

Love Is Not About Looks

 

Chanyeol was once again in the elevator in the hospital. The elevator stopped and he walked over to the desk and spoke with the nurse. She told him that his mother had been moved to a single room and Chanyeol was taken there.

“Mrs. Park, your son is here” the nurse said and peeked into the room. A faint voice was heard, Chanyeol couldn’t really make it out but the nurse let him inside. He walked into the room and found his mother laying on the bed, looking pale and tired.

“Hi mom” Chanyeol said as he walked to her, set his bag down on the table and pulled out a box of cookies from inside of his bag. The woman smiled and looked at what he pulled out.

“What did you bring today?” she asked in a small voice and he smiled. He told her that they were just some full grain cookies, the ones that she liked. She smiled and thanked him, telling him that he hadn’t needed to.

“Come here Channie” she said and scooted to the side of the bed. He took this as a sign that he could lay down next to her and he hugged his mother close. She pulled him close to her and his hair, just like she did when he had been younger and dreamt nightmares. She kissed his forehead and he smiled.

“Mom. Can you help me with something?” he asked and looked up at her. His mother looked at him and nodded.

“Sure, what is it Channie?”  she said and Chanyeol took a deep breath and fiddled with the hem of the quilt that his mother was lying under.

“I told you yesterday that I was going out with Minjung today, right?” he began and his mother nodded. He had come to the hospital so happy about that he was going out with her on Saturday. ”Every time I’m with her, I get this feeling in my chest. As if my heart beats harder or that it speeds up”

“When does it do that?” she asked and he looked up at his mother.

“Mostly when she smiles or laughs. But also when we hold hands and when she is closer to me than what we usually are” he said and his mother nodded.

“So it hurts your chest and heart when that happens?” she asked and this time it was his turn to nod. “I think I know what that is” she then said and Chanyeol looked at his mother, as if asking her to tell him. She smiled before she told him what she thought. “I think you’re in love”

Chanyeol stared at his mother and then he laughed a little. “What?” he asked and sat up. His mother smiled comfortingly.

“You’re in love dear”

“But… How can I be in love with someone all of a sudden?”

“That’s what love does. It surprises you when it appears and throws you off the chair. You can’t decide who to fall in love with, it just happens” she said and Chanyeol looked at her. He laid down in her arms again and sighed.

“Then what should I do about it?” he asked and stared up in the ceiling.

“You should tell her” 

________

A/N: Hi guys! :D How you all doing? I am myself a bit sick... sore throat and a runny nose, not fun! And tomorrow I have a maths test T________T I'M GONNA FAIL SO HARD! I HATE MATH...