This Is My Mom

Love Is Not About Looks

 

Chanyeol sat in class the following day and couldn’t wait for the day to end. He was going to take Minjung to meet his mother and he was excited of that. He still hadn’t let Kris or anyone else of his friends talk to him as he didn’t want them to interfere in his life now that he had Minjung again.

The bell rang to signal that school was over and Chanyeol stood up, packing his things away. He turned around and looked down to the back of the classroom and saw Minhee come towards him. They both were feeling better now that Minjung was happy again and Chanyeol had finally gotten some sleep that he had needed.

The two of them left the classroom together and the girls of the school looked at them as they walked down the corridor.

“Are they dating?”

“No it can’t be…”

“How come?”

“She’s not Chanyeol’s type”

Minhee sighed and stopped. Chanyeol looked back at her with a questioning look but she ignored him and turned to the girls. “Let me get this straight. I do not what so ever date Chanyeol, and I would never do that. Okay?” The girls nodded and Minhee flashed them a smile before turning to Chanyeol who looked at her with an amused look.

They continued out of the school and a man with wine red hair stood by the gate, casually leaning against it with his hands in his pockets, making the girls who passed by swoon. He flashed them a smile and a little nod when he noticed them looking and the girls screamed in glee.

Minhee looked over at the gate where she heard the screaming come from and noticed the man. A smile broke out on her lips and she ran the last meters to him. He saw her and stood up straight, catching her when she flung herself into his arms.

“Oppa, what are you doing here?” she asked as she was put down on the ground, still in his arms.

“I thought I’d come and take my girlfriend home” he said and kissed her. The girls who had been swooning over the man let out disappointed sighs when they saw them kissing. Chanyeol walked up to them as they parted from the kiss and Minhee looked at him.

“Right, you remember Joonmyeon don’t you?” she said and Chanyeol nodded. He sure did.

“Chanyeol’s coming over with us and then he’s going out with Minjung” Minhee explained and the three of them started walking toward Minhee’s house. The awkward atmosphere that surrounded them at first lightened up as they started talking and Chanyeol realized what a good guy Joonmyeon was.

They arrived at the house and Minhee told Chanyeol that Minjung would be in her room and beckoned him to go upstairs. He gulped and then started climbing the stairs. He walked over to the door and could hear the sound of the radio. He knocked gently on the door and it quieted down inside the room.

“Ehm, Minjung-ah. It’s me, Chanyeol” he said awkwardly and the next second the door opened. A happy Minjung stood there, smiling at him and he couldn’t help but smile back. He looked at her as she had her hair in a long braid as it rested over her shoulder.

~

“Do you think your mother will like me?” she asked, now looking slightly scared as she held onto Chanyeol’s arm as they stood in the elevator. She had asked him where they were when they entered the hospital and she smelled the all too clean air. He had answered her truthfully as they walked to the elevator and she had been shocked at first.

“I promise you, she’ll love you” he said and gave her a gentle kiss on her temple which made her blush furiously. They stepped out of the elevator and walked through the corridors. He said hello to the nurses who recognized him and also to the patients. He stopped outside a door and looked at Minjung.

“Okay, so now you’re meeting my mom” he whispered to her and saw how she gulped and he felt her grasp on his arm tighten just a little bit. He opened the door and peeked inside, seeing his mother look up from the bed with a smile on her lips before he entered the room with a nervous Minjung.

“Hi mom” he said as they stepped inside and walked towards her bed.

“Hi Channie” she said and Chanyeol walked up to her, Minjung had let his arm go as they had stepped halfway into the room and Minjung was standing by the door, awkwardly waiting as Chanyeol kissed his mother’s cheek and hugging her. He looked back at Minjung and walked up to her; he took her hand in his and pulled her over to his mother.

“Mom. This is Minjung” he said and pushed Minjung carefully in front of him and she stopped right there. He put his hand on Minjung’s shoulder and squeezed it gently. He leaned over to whisper in her ear “Don’t worry, she’s smiling”

Minjung nodded and extended her arm toward where she hoped that Chanyeol’s mother was. Chanyeol’s mother smiled as she saw Minjung and took the girl’s hand in hers. “It’s nice to meet you Minjung. I’m Park Chaemin. But you can call me mom”

Minjung nodded and smiled unsurely as her cheeks heated up. “It’s a pleasure to meet you… mom” she said and Chaemin beamed in happiness. Chanyeol smiled as he saw the two of them talk. He put his hand on Minjung’s arm and she turned to where he supposedly was.

“I’ll just go down and buy something to eat for us. I’ll be back in a few minutes” he said and Minjung nodded. He moved a chair that was leaning against the wall so that it was behind Minjung and he beckoned her to sit. So she did and Chanyeol kissed her cheek once before walking out of the room. 

_________

A/N: So sorry about updating today and not yesterday! But I was really busy with school stuff and I kinda... forgot... Sorry...