You Have Me

Love Is Not About Looks

 

That night Chanyeol’s mother ended her war against cancer. He had stayed beside he the whole night and he had screamed at no one in particular when her heart monitor stopped beeping and she didn’t wake up when he tried waking he up.

He sat in the little apartment he had lived in alone for ever a year. He had come home and collapsed right as he closed the door. He laid on the floor of the hall, crying his eyes out.

Why? Why does it have to be this way? First dad, now mom…

Chanyeol didn’t have any more strength to get up from the floor to do anything. He stayed on the floor, crying as he held the bag that had his mother’s old clothes. He took out the sweater from inside of it and clutched it against his chest in his arms. He buried his face in it and drew in the smell of her, the smell that he loved so much.

He didn’t realize how long he had been laying on the floor until his phone rang. He forcefully pulled it out of his pocket when it rang for the third time and he gazed at it.

It was Minjung. He hovered his finger over the answer button until he finally pressed it and raised the phone to his ear.

Chanyeol?” he heard Minjung’s voice at the other end and he sniffle once.

“Yeah?” he said quietly with his voice thick of crying.

Are you okay?” Minjung asked, worried at the tone of Chanyeol’s voice.

“No” he said and started crying again.

Chanyeol, tell me what happened”

“She’s gone…”

Who’s gone?”

“My mom…”

“…”

It was quiet between them for a while as Minjung listened to Chanyeol’s sniffles and cries at the other end.

What’s your address? I’ll be there as soon as possible” Minjung said and somehow Chanyeol managed to croak out the address for where he lived and they hung up. It felt as it was hours before the doorbell finally rang and he forced himself up from the floor to open the door and he saw Minjung at the door.

She walked inside and they both took of their shoes and walked into the living room. There Chanyeol took her to the couch and they sat down. The tears still ran down his cheeks and he saw how worried Minjung looked and tried to stifle his sniffles. But she heard him and pulled him closer to herself and hugged him.

When she embraced him Chanyeol broke down again and clutched onto her while resting his head on her shoulder. Minjung could only hold him and listen to his sobs. Minjung felt him shake in her arms and she could feel his sadness and she felt her eyes brim with tears.

She had only met Chaemin once but she had noticed how much she cared and loved Chanyeol. Sure, she hadn’t seen the woman but she had felt her. The whole room filled with happiness and love when she spoke about Chanyeol.

“I’m all alone now” Chanyeol croaked out and Minjung hugged him closer. Chanyeol’s face pressed against her shoulder and he wrapped his arms around her slim waist holding her for support. He felt how Minjung pressed her lips onto his head and whispered one, just one, meaningful sentence to him.

“You’re not alone, you have me” 

_____

A/N: Hi guys! I thought I'd tell you guys that I'm going overseas tomorrow so I won't be here... But I will be publishing the next two chapters! I will be putting them on privet now and try to remember publishing them! Hope you have a merry Christmas! :D