Second Date And Ice Cream

Love Is Not About Looks

 

A few days later he came back to Minjung’s house and met up with her before they went out. This time they went to the park and sat down by a tree. Chanyeol would look at her while he spoke. They talked about life and Minjung asked Chanyeol about school.

“How is it to go to school?” she asked and Chanyeol looked at her. She was homeschooled by her mother, that much he knew. He thought for a while. How was it to go to school? He didn’t really know.

“I guess it’s okay.” He said and Minjung nodded. “I mean, I have a couple of friends and so on. I guess the teachers aren’t that bad either” Minjung nodded. They sat there in silence for a while. Chanyeol looked at her and felt his heart hard against his ribcage. He clutched his chest and looked away from her

Why is my heart beating so hard? Why does it hurt?

He looked around the park and saw the ice cream stand. He looked over at Minjung and smiled. “Minjung?” he asked and she turned toward where he was sitting. “What’s your favorite ice cream?” he asked and Minjung thought for a while.

“I like the strawberry taste best” she said with a smile on her lips. Chanyeol stood up and ruffled her hair.

“I’ll be right back” he said and Minjung nodded. Chanyeol ran down to the ice cream stand and looked at the different flavors before ordering. “Two scoops of Strawberry ice cream, please” he ordered and the man running the stand smiled, gave Chanyeol the ice cream in a small paper cup and Chanyeol paid and took two spoons before walking back to Minjung.

“I’m back” he said as he sat down next to Minjung and she smiled, looking at Chanyeol’s direction. “I bought ice cream” he said and he saw Minjung smile just a little bit bigger. “I got us Strawberry ice cream since it’s your favorite”

“You didn’t have to-“

“But I wanted to”

The two of them started eating, Minjung had it a little bit difficult to eat it as she couldn’t see where Chanyeol was holding the cup. When Chanyeol saw this he smiled before taking her hand in his and took the spoon from her. When their hands touched he felt as if electricity had run through him and between their hands. He shook it off and scooped up some ice cream with the spoon he had taken from Minjung before looking at her.

“Open your mouth” he said but Minjung stayed with closed. She was in shock of what he had done and what he was telling him right now. She asked him why she should do that and she heard Chanyeol chuckle. “So that I can feed you the ice cream obviously” he answered and Minjung started protesting, telling him that she could eat by herself but Chanyeol conjured with that he wanted.

Minjung quieted down when he told her this and sighed, embarrassed, before turning slightly toward him and opening . Chanyeol put the spoon in and she felt it in and closed it. She felt the cold ice cream on her tongue and then Chanyeol carefully pulled out the spoon out of . They both blushed but Chanyeol continued with the gesture while his cheeks were blazing. He was glad for once that Minjung couldn’t see him or else she would have seen his over-heated cheeks, making him even more embarrassed.

They ate the ice cream in glee as they smiled at each other. Chanyeol felt a tug on his heart when he saw her smile, showing off two rows off white teeth and her lips curved slightly. He smiled sadly and then shook it off; he didn’t want to be sad around the girl. He wanted to enjoy time with her, that he surprisingly did.

Being with Minjung made Chanyeol feel something different from what he felt with other girls. He didn’t feel as if he was just testing them to see if they really were the one. He got the feeling of that Minjung didn’t need all the material things like clothes, jewelries or other gifts. Just being with her made him feel happy. He didn’t need to really care about what he looked like to satisfy her, he didn’t need to spend a lot of money on movies or other attractions. They could just sit in a park and talk, like they did now.

“How much is the clock?” Minjung asked and Chanyeol took up his phone and checked it. It read 4:30 pm and Minjung had to be home at 5 pm. He sighed and looked at her.

“4:30” he said and Minjung’s smile faltered a little. They decided that it was time for them to go home again. They stood up and Chanyeol hooked Minjung’s arm around his and they started walking. He told her what they passed and soon they were outside her house.

“We’re here” Chanyeol said as they stopped and Minjung nodded.

“Thank you again Chanyeol” she said and smiled at him.

“It’s my pleasure. I want to continue meeting you but I’ll be busy a few days again” he said and Minjung nodded. She told him to call her when he wanted to meet up and he smiled and assured her he would. He left her outside her door with a kiss on the cheek. He walked down the driveway smiling and turned around once to see Minjung caressing the cheek he had kissed her and he smiled while his heart beat harder against his ribcage.

He wondered what this feeling was. It had never occurred to him before with any other girl, only with Minjung. This aching in his chest would occur when she smiled or laughed, also when they would be close to each other. When she would take his hand in her as they walked down the streets.

He had to ask his mother what this was when he would visit her tonight. 

________

A/N: Hi everyone! How are you? 

I have been a lot to school recently, and a lot at the stable, I'm getting less and less time for Fanfics and Kpop :( But yeah....

Hope you liked the chapter and comment if you want ^^

See ya next week!