Double Surprise

Love Is Not About Looks

 

Minjung sat awkwardly on the chair and stared of into the air, or that’s what it looked like for Chaemin. She smiled.

This girl is really pretty and I can see that Chanyeol really loves her

“You know, Chanyeol talks about you a lot” Chaemin started and she noticed how Minjung turned just a little towards her direction, as if to look at her.

“H-He does?” she asked and Chaemin nodded.

“He sure does. I remember last week when he came here after school, telling me how he had found a girl who he was going out on a date with. He seemed so happy and excited. And then the following Saturday he came here. He had been on a date with you and he was asking about these feelings he had. Ho told me about the pains in his chest and-“

“Is he hurt? He didn’t tell me” Minjung asked, with a hint of panic in her voice as she clung onto the bed in front of her. Chaemin smiled and took Minjung’s hand in hers, squeezing it gently.

“He is okay. All those pains and excessive heartbeats were because of you.”

“Because of me?”

“Yes. He’s in love with you. I can see it.”

Minjung hung her head just a little, as if looking down at her lap. She had been wondering for so long about Chanyeol’s feelings for her not to notice her own. It had dawned on her during the days when she ignored him just how much she loved him back.

“I have never seen Chanyeol so happy and he has never introduced any girl to me before” Chaemin continued and Minjung smiled just a little. She knew from her sister about Chanyeol’s status at school and she was happy to be the first person to meet Chaemin.

Just then the door opened again and Chanyeol walked inside. He said hi to them and put the food down on the table beside his mother’s bed as he got himself a chair and put it next to Minjung who smiled at his direction and he smiled back.

“I bought us two sandwiches if that’s okay” he said and Minjung nodded. “I got you the ham and cheese sandwich” He handed her the sandwich which he had already unwrapped and she took it in hands before carefully taking a bite of it. She was happy that Chanyeol had remembered that she liked ham and cheese the best and blushed a little when Chanyeol wiped her cheek from crusts of the bread.

“Oh stop it you two. I feel so out of place!” Chaemin cried out and Chanyeol laughed whilst Minjung blushed ever more at the comment. They continued the afternoon by eating and chatting about everything between the heaven and the earth. By 8 pm a nurse came inside, telling Chanyeol and Minjung that visiting time was over and that Chaemin would need to rest now.

Chanyeol kissed his mother’s forehead and hugged her. Minjung said goodbye but Chaemin beckoned her to come closer and pulled the girl into a hug. Minjung blushed embarrassed and hugged Chaemin back carefully. Then the couple left the room and made their way out of the hospital and home again.

The two of them sat on the bus in silence, Minjung rested her head on Chanyeol’s shoulder and he smile as he played with her fingers. The ride was quiet between them and then they got off the bus and started walking the rest of the way home.

“Thank you for letting me meet your mother” Minjung said as she held onto Chanyeol’s arm as they walked down the street. He smiled at the closeness of the two of them and his heart beating against his ribcage.

“Thank you for coming with me” he said and a smile appeared on Minjung’s lips. They stopped outside Minjung’s house and Chanyeol started clenching and unclenching his hands when they stood facing each other, saying goodbye.

“Goodbye Chanyeol” Minjung said with a smile and lifted her hand to wave at him but instead of hearing him say goodbye back to her she felt something pressing carefully against her lips. She was startled as first when that soft something was on her lips but then she realized

He’s kissing me!

She carefully and unsurely answered him back by putting just a little bit of pressure on his lips. She felt how his lips curved into a slight smile when she did that before he took her cheeks in her hands and pulled her closer to him. Minjung could feel the butterflies in her stomach when they stood there on the porch of her house, kissing.

The kiss ended all too quickly for Minjung’s liking but she didn’t say anything but Chanyeol noticed the small pout on her lips when he had pulled away and he smirked.

“Good night Minjung-ah” he whispered in her ear before pressing a soft kiss on her cheek and leaving her to enter her house.