Listen To Him

Love Is Not About Looks

 

The following day Minhee walked to school with a low spirit. Her sister had refused to listen to her and closed herself into her room. Minhee had tried to talk to her for hours without any success. And now Minhee was feeling the exact feeling that her sister was, despite talking with Joonmyeon before going to bed. He had tried to cheer her up but she wouldn’t budge.

Minhee walked into the classroom and sat down at her seat. Her hair hung down in front of her face as she felt too sad and miserable to put it away.

“Wow. What happened to you?” her friend, Eunji asked. Minhee looked over at her friend who sat down next to her and sighed. “Did something happen between you and Joonmyeon?” Minhee shook her head and rested her head on the table in front of her.

“It’s Minjung. She won’t listen to me and she is all sad and like crying everyday” she said and Eunji pouted. She knew about Minjung and Minhee’s special bond, how Minhee would feel the same way as Minjung at times.

“I know it’ll be fine soon”

“Yeah, me too, since I’m taking Chanyeol with me to talk to her today”

At that moment Mr. Song stepped inside and the students sat down. The first period passed agonizingly slowly and Minhee sat and stared at the black board most of the time. The rest of the periods passed as slowly as the first one and by lunch she felt all too miserable to even stand up but forced herself.

She walked up to Chanyeol and tapped his shoulder. He looked behind himself, dark circles around his eyes again. He noticed Minhee’s expression and raised an eyebrow.

“Hi. You’re coming to our place today after school okay? You have to talk to Minjung, she refuses to listen to me” Minhee said as she sat down on the chair next to Chanyeol. He nodded and kept quiet for a while.

“You look kind of … not yourself” he said and Minhee looked over at him to smile, but it became a sad smile.

“Well… that’s the power of my sister. When she’s sad, I’m sad” Chanyeol just nodded to her answer, too tired to even try to answer anymore. And like the periods before, the next ones were also painfully slow.

At last, after 9 hours of school, Minhee and Chanyeol were walking to Minhee’s home to face Minjung. They walked in silence as they both were weather to depressed or too tired to talk. Minhee opened the door and they walked inside. Minhee told Chanyeol to sit down in the living room while Minhee fetched Minjung. He nodded and walked into the living room and sat down in the couch. Minhee on the other hand, walked up the stairs yelling to her sister.

“Minjung-ah, change your clothes; we have a guest.”

“I don’t care if Joonmyeon’s here!”

“It’s not him you dummy. It’s Chanyeol” the house became quiet and Minhee and Chanyeol held their breaths; waiting for Minjung’s response. Instead of nicely walking out to talk to him the music started blaring in her room once more.

Minhee gritted her teeth and banged at her sisters door. But the music didn’t quiet down and 2NE1’s song Hate You started playing. That was it for Minhee, she opened the door and walked inside. Her sister lay under the covers in her bed and the room was dark.

Minhee tore the cord out of the wall but Minjung stayed under the covers. Without a word Minhee grabbed the covers and started pulling at them, much to Minjung’s dismay.

“Let go!” Minjung yelled as she tried to tug back her covers from her sisters’ grip but Minhee didn’t give up.

“You let go and get up. Change into something else than your pajamas and make your way downstairs. Chanyeol’s waiting for you.”

“I won’t!”

“Stop being such a baby and grown up!” and with that Minhee pulled the covers of Minjung who whined at the loss and Minjung pulled her into a sitting position. “Now, put on this and come downstairs with me” she continued and threw a clean T-shirt and a pair of jeans at her sister who unwillingly put them on.

Minhee then dragged her sister downstairs and pulled her into the living room to Chanyeol who looked like he would cry any second now when he saw Minjung.

Maybe he really loves her…

Minhee thought but shook it off and told Minjung to sit down next to Chanyeol. “And now you listen to him. To every little word he says” Minjung hung her head and Minhee looked at Chanyeol and nodded. Chanyeol gulped once before turning to Minjung and opened his mouth.

“Minjung” he began with a soft voice, one that made Minjung wonder if it really was Chanyeol. “I’m sorry” he continued and took her hand in his. She stiffened just a little before relaxing again. It was him, she could feel it. “I know what you heard at the music store. Those were my friends. They are complete idiots, I know. And I want you to know that my choice to date you isn’t stupid and I don’t want to stop seeing you. I love you”

Minjung still hung her head as she heard the last words of Chanyeol.

He loves me? How can someone love me?