I'm Your Eyes

Love Is Not About Looks

 

The two of them sat eating at the restaurant after that Chanyeol had helped her choose what to eat. They talked a little and Chanyeol felt his heart beat just a little bit harder when he heard her laugh at something he said. That laugh was something like he hadn’t heard before; it was a true laugh with a melodious sound like the sound of small bells on Christmas.

The two of them were walking down the street, back to Minjung’s place when Chanyeol asked what he had wanted to ask for a while but hadn’t been confident enough to ask.

“How does it feel to be blind?” he asked and looked at Minjung. He was scared of her reaction, was it too early to ask? How was she going to react? He saw how Minjung averted her eyes to the ground as she held onto his arm and they walked down the street.

“It feels empty” Minjung answered. “If you know what I mean. I can no longer see, I can’t see myself or my family. I don’t really know how I look now. I can still remember what I looked like when I was 10. And I can’t really be out alone, like you may have noticed; I always need help to get around.”

“I’m sorry” Chanyeol said, feeling really sorry for her. He felt his heart hurt when he thought about that she couldn’t see people around her. Not to see the wonderful surroundings.

“Could you tell me what you look like Chanyeol-sshi?” Minjung asked and Chanyeol was a little bit taken aback. How would he describe himself? “I just want to know what you look like” she said and Chanyeol nodded, feeling a little awkward about describing himself.

“Well…” he started and looked a little bit at himself. “I have brown eyes, like most of the people in this country. I have rather thick light brown hair-“

“Is it long or short?” she asked and Chanyeol raised his hand to feel at it. He wasn’t sure how to describe it. It wasn’t short or long. He thought for a while.

“I’m not sure. I mean, it’s not long but not short either.”

“Can I feel it?” she asked and they stopped. Unsurely he told her she could and he felt her hand make its way up his arm and onto his shoulder and from there to the back of his head. She felt at his cap.

“Oh, you’re wearing a cap?” she asked and Chanyeol nodded under her hand. “Can I take it off?” Chanyeol nodded again and she took the cap of carefully and started to feel at his hair. Chanyeol had admit, it felt weird in one way but in the other way it felt comforting when she his hair.

“It’s medium length” she then said and Chanyeol forgot for one second why she was feeling at his hair.

“Ah, yeah” he answered and Minjung handed him his cap again. He placed it on his head and placed Minjung’s hand around his arm again and they continued walking.

“You’re rather tall” she said and he looked at her. He had heard that comment before so he was used to people saying that so he didn’t say anything. “What are you wearing right now?” she then asked and Chanyeol chuckled.

“Isn’t that a little bit too soon to ask?” Chanyeol said while laughing and Minjung hit his arm while blushing.

“I didn’t mean it in that way!” she scolded him and laughed out of embarrassment. Chanyeol slowly stopped laughing and smiled.

“Well, I’m wearing a pair of black jeans, then I also have a white t-shirt on and a sweater” he said and Minjung nodded. “And my underwear are-“

“I don’t need to know what underwear you wear!” she interrupted him and Chanyeol started laughing again. They came to Minhee’s and Minjung’s house and stopped outside. “Thank you for taking me out today” Minjung said and Chanyeol smiled.

“It was all my pleasure” he said. Then he felt something in his heart. He didn’t want to leave her like that. He wanted to meet her again. He wanted to make her feel wanted. During the whole after noon with Minjung he had felt that someone needed him. That there was someone who didn’t only want to be with him because of what he looked like. Minjung didn’t really know what he looked like, so this felt like she really enjoyed her time with him.

“Would you like to meet up again another day?” he asked and he saw Minjung’s face turn a little bit shocked before she nodded smiling. He told her that he would call her in a few days because he was busy the next few days.