I Really Do

Love Is Not About Looks

 

The two who sat in the living room continued to sit there in silence and the boy looked at her, waiting for an answer. But it never came. The girl just sat there quietly. Chanyeol held her hand in his and he stared at their hands while waiting and when he looked up again he noticed why she wasn’t saying anything.

He saw tears fall down from her face that was hung low and his eyes widened. He took her face in his hands and forced her to face him. Those dull eyes that he loved were full of tears and her lips were quivering.

“Why are you crying?” he asked and dried her cheeks with his thumb and she sniffled once before pulling herself away from his hold.

“How can you love me?” she asked, partly angry and partly sad. She was scared of the answer, would he just pity her or was he just messing with her? Chanyeol could see the anger in her face as she stood up by the sofa.

“Because I do. Every time I’m around you, I get there pains in my chest and there are these electric bolts throughout my body when you take my arm. I feel that I am truly happy when I’m around you” he said as he stood up beside her and grabbed her forearms, holding her, talking to her about his feelings.

“You can’t love me. I’m blind, I won’t even be able to see you” she said and wanted him to understand her, she couldn’t even understand why he would love her.

“I don’t care. I want someone to think of me as a great person despite my looks.” He said and took her hands in his. “So please, can we try again? I really, really love you”

Minjung sighed before slightly nodding. “I guess, since you seem real with your feelings for me and I really missed you”

Chanyeol broke out in a smile and he pulled her close to himself. He could feel his heartbeat stronger and he held her close. Minjung blushed at the sudden closeness but wrapped her arms around his waist none the less and buried her face in his shirt.

“I love you” he mumbled in her hair as he kissed the top of her head and she smiled into his shirt. She answered him back and told him how much she loved him and he felt happiness fill his body. He wanted to jump around and scream with all his might.

He pulled away from her and looked at her. “I want you to meet my mom” he said and a flash of surprise and fright passed Minjung’s face.

“Already?”

“Yes. I know she’ll love you. She actually wants to meet you” Chanyeol told her and she gulped, facing his shirt now and playing on the button of it.

“But-but what if she doesn’t like me?”

“She will. I promise you”