The Funeral and Her Plans

Love Is Not About Looks

 

Chanyeol stayed home for the following week. Kris, Jongin and the maknae couple were wondering what had happened until Minhee had told them. They understood why he wasn’t in school, but were baffled over the fact that Chanyeol hadn’t told them about his mother.

The teachers at the school understood and it wasn’t so much of a stress for them, Chanyeol was a boy who has always worked hard in school and his grades were on top.

Minjung spent her days with Chanyeol, they mostly just sat in his apartment and Minjung held him close like she had done the day it happened. He was still too crushed to do anything apart from grieve and sleep.

Mrs. Choi, Minjung’s mother came by at Chanyeol’s apartment with Minjung sometimes and talk with him or made him food. She understood how much her daughter loved him so she wanted to help him when she heard about what had happened.

When the following weekend the funeral was held. Chanyeol’s relatives came; his aunt with her husband and kids, his uncle with his kids and wife. His grandparents were dead and they didn’t really have any more relatives. Minjung was by Chanyeol’s side through the whole day as it tore him apart to leave his mother.

His uncle and aunt offered him to move in with them but he declined their offer, saying that he wanted to finish his studies and didn’t want to be a burden to them.

When they were alone again in Chanyeol’s apartment they sat in silence together on the couch again. Minjung searched for Chanyeol’s hand and held it in hers when she found it and rested her head on his shoulder.

“I guess I only have you now” he said and looked at her, pressing his lips on the top of her head.

“Yeah…” She said and sighed. He noticed something about that sigh that made him wonder. He looked down at her and tried reading her expression; she seemed kind of tense and nervous about something.

“Are you okay?” he asked and she nodded but her expression didn’t change. ”Do you have something on your mind?” he asked then and Minjung lifted her head from his shoulder and hung her head.

“I’m moving” she whispered and Chanyeol’s eyes widened at her words.

“No. Please. No, I don-“

“But I’ll be back” she interrupted him and turned toward him. “I’ll be back in a year. I know it seems long but… will you be able to wait for me?” she asked and held Chanyeol’s hand. He looked at her; would he be able to wait for her? Yes. He believed he would.

“Of course I will” he said and a smile appeared on Minjung’s lips. “Where are you moving?” he asked and Minjung sighed.

“America.” She answered and Chanyeol was a little bit shocked.

“America?”

“Yes… We found this doctor who will… he’ll be able to make me see again and…”

“That’s great! Right?”

“Yeah, I guess it is… I mean… I don’t really know. But I have to go through multiple checkups there and then I can maybe have a surgery, depending on the situation.” Minjung said and smiled. Chanyeol pulled her close to himself and kissed her temple.

“I don’t care if you can see or not. I still love you for who you are” he said and that made Minjung smile even wider.

“Thank you.”

They stayed quiet, resting on the couch. Chanyeol held Minjung in his arms as she drew circles on his shoulder.

“And Chanyeol?”

“Mmh?”

“I love you”

__________-

A/N: Okay so I updated today instead since I won't be having any internet connection for the rest of the week! But here you go and Merry Christmas!