Disappointment & Insecurities

Love Is Not About Looks

 

Minjung waited for Chanyeol. She waited for him by the fountain and scanned the crowd. But not once did anyone walk up to her. She started to loose hope when a half hour had passed but she was determined to wait for him.

Maybe he was stuck in traffic? That was what Minjung tried convincing herself of. She sighed and looked around the crowd. Couples and families passed her as she waited. It soon started to grow dark but she didn’t leave.

Her phone rang and she answered. It was Minhee wondering when she’d be back home and Minjung told her she’d be right back. Minjung sighed, looked around the park one last time and gave up hope. She walked home with heavy steps and she felt a tear drop fall down her cheek.

“I thought he loved me” she mumbled as she arrived outside her house. She felt how the tears intense and she finally let the fall free. She stood at her gate, bawling her eyes out and she fell down on her knees as Minhee noticed her sister outside their gate.

Minhee ran out when she saw her sister fall down on the curb and she sat down next to her sister. She grabbed her arms and shook her.

“Minjung, are you okay?” she asked and she saw her sister look at her with tear streaked eyes.

“He never came” Minjung whispered as she flung herself into Minhee’s arms and her sister hugged her close.

“Come on, let’s get inside” Minhee whispered to Minjung’s ear and helped her inside and closed the door.

~

 Chanyeol sat in his apartment, head in hands, staring at the floor.

“Why did I do that?” he asked himself and hung his head. When he had arrived at home he had just realized what he had done. He had left the girl who he loved to wait for him at the park, where he wouldn’t show up.

“I’m such an idiot!” he groaned out loud and ran out to the kitchen and grabbed his phone from the table top. He scrolled down the contact list and tapped Minjung’s number. He lifted the phone to his ear and waited. The signals continued but no one answered.

Hi this is Minjung, leave me a message after the beep”

Chanyeol sighed and hung up. He waited a minute before calling again.

He did this throughout the night. On the morning he scratched his head and dug the dirt out of his eye before changing into better clothes and leaving the apartment. He had his phone in one hand and the keys in the other.

He hopped onto the bus and rode it for five minutes before exiting. He walked down the street and stopped at the house where he hadn’t been for the last year. He sighed before walking up to the door and knocked on it. He heard footsteps come closer, he hoped that it wouldn’t be Mr. or Mrs. Choi, then he would be doomed.

But the one to answer the door was Minhee. And she did not look happy.

“Park Chanyeol” she growled and Chanyeol gulped. Minhee stepped out of the house and closed the door behind her. She stepped closer to Chanyeol, making him back away and she growled.

“Park Chanyeol! Do you understand what you have done?” she yelled at him and Chanyeol cowered slightly. “She has been crying her eyes out. Scared that you don’t love her anymore. She believed you when you told her that you’d always love her! Do you? Tell me, where you just lying to her?”

Chanyeol swallowed hard. “I love her. I promise. I don’t know what came over me yesterday. I was scared! I was as scared as she is! I’m scared that I’m not what she thought.” He said and Minhee narrowed her eyes into him.

“How can I be sure?” she asked and Chanyeol sighed.

“I really love her. I’ve missed her like hell. You know how much I love her. I am so scared that I won’t be the one that she thought I was and-“

“Fine. But this is the last time you make my sister cry, next time I’m going to have your head off” Minhee hissed at Chanyeol who nodded. “Come in, she’s locked herself into her room again. We can’t get her out any more”

Chanyeol nodded and followed Minhee into the house.