I'm Scared

Love Is Not About Looks

 

Minjung laid on her bed, crying as she was scared. She had not dared to answer when Chanyeol had tried calling her. Her phone had been ringing through the whole night but not once had she answered. She was too scared of what she would hear from the other end. She was scared that he didn’t love her anymore and would tell her that.

She heard how her sister slammed the door closed and heard her yell at someone downstairs but she didn’t care to look. Then she heard how the front door opened and closed once more and her sisters steps in the stairs five minutes later.

“Minjung?” she heard Minhee say after she’d knocked on her door but she didn’t answer. “Chanyeol’s here” Minjung froze for a second when she heard those words.

Why is he here? To tell me that he doesn’t love me anymore?

He’s in the living room waiting. Why don’t you come out and talk with him?” Minhee tried from the other side but the only response she got was a firm no. Minhee sighed and turned around, walked down the stairs. Chanyeol looked up at her as she came down. Minhee sighed and shook her head.

Chanyeol sighed and stood up. “I’m going to talk to your sister” he said and climbed up the stairs. He stopped outside the door and looked at it. He gulped and raised a knuckle and knocked. It was quiet for some time before he got an answer.

“Who is it?” Minjung’s voice asked and Chanyeol could swear his heart skipped a beat.

“It’s me, Chanyeol” he said with that deep voice of his which made Minjung sit up straight in the bed.

“What do you want?” she asked but didn’t move away from the bed. She could see him shuffle his feet from the small crack between the floor and door.

“I want to talk to you” he said in a small voice and Minjung stood up from her bed. She walked over to the door and placed a hand on the door knob but her hand froze there. She was too scared. “Can you open the door?” Chanyeol said and Minjung had to bite her lip to prevent herself from crying.

“No” she quivered and Chanyeol sighed, hand on the door knob and he could head her voice just on the other side of the door.

“Why?” he asked carefully and he heard her start crying. Minjung tried to hold in her sobs but let them free when the fear over powered her.

“I’m scared” she said and leaned onto the door. Chanyeol looked at the door and put a hand on it.

“So am I” he admitted and he heard Minjung sniffle. She slid down on the floor and Chanyeol heard this and he carefully sat down with his back towards the door.

“I’m so scared”

“Of what?”

“Of rejection.”

“…”

“I’m scared that… that things will change between us-“

“So am I.”

“Why are you scared?”

“I’m scared that I’m not going to be the Chanyeol that you thought I was”

“…”

“…”

“I’m scared that you don’t love me anymore”

Chanyeol sighed and smiled sadly. “I love you. I still do even thou we were apart for a year”

“How do you know?”

“Because when I saw you yesterday at the park, my heart skipped a beat-“

“You were at the park yesterday?!”

It was quiet for a couple of seconds after Minjung’s outburst and Chanyeol hung his head.

“Yes… I was…”

“Then… why didn’t you-“

“I was scared. Like I am now”

~

Two hours later of Chanyeol convincing Minjung that he still did love her and that he wanted to be with her and that she meant the world to him Minjung agreed on opening the door. They both stood up at their own sides of the door and Chanyeol looked at the door.

Minjung took a hold of the door knob with her right hand and the lock with the left. She slowly unlocked the door and as the lock clicked their both heartbeats sped up. Minjung took a deep breath before she opened the door.