These Are My Firends

Love Is Not About Looks

 

The following day, on Friday to be exact, Chanyeol came to school with a huge smile and he waved to everybody he saw. Sure, the girls were happy about it but the boys and even some of the girls wondered what had gotten into him. It was as if he was skipping into school, like a little leprechaun

“Good morning everybody~” He said in a sing-song voice when he stepped into the classroom and the students inside turned to look at him. “Isn’t it a wonderful day?” he asked one of the girls who sat closest by the door and even she, a big admirer of Chanyeol, found it weird of him to be acting this way.

Kris looked at Chanyeol as the man walked over to his seat and sat down, a big smile on his lips, showing off those pearl white teeth of his.

“He sure seems happy” Jongin whispered to Kris who nodded. Kris was Chanyeol’s, or had been – he wasn’t sure anymore, best friend and he could only wonder what could make Chanyeol so happy. He had never been this happy before.

“You think it has something to do with that Minhee girl’s sister?” Jongin asked and Kris shrugged. He felt like he didn’t know anything about Chanyeol anymore. But with that Kris stood up, walked over to Chanyeol and sat down opposite of him and Chanyeol snapped to look up from his bag when he heard the scraping of a chair. His smile faltered just a little when he saw Kris.

“Oh, hi” Chanyeol said and continued digging in his bag. Kris sighed and opened his mouth to talk.

“I’m sorry Chanyeol.” He said and the latter looked up with suspicious eyes.

“For what?” he asked quizzically and Kris looked at Chanyeol with saddened eyes.

“For laughing at you for dating that girl-“

“Minjung”

“… For dating Minjung. I know, it was stupid and I shouldn’t have done that. I can see that you like her now.” Kris said and scratched the back of his head. Chanyeol looked at him for a moment before smiling again.

“I forgive you” he said and Kris almost shot out of his chair.

“You do?”

“Yes idiot.”

“Thank you, thank you” Kris said, sounding almost like a school girl who had just confessed to her crush who seemed to have acknowledged her. And to top it off he pulled Chanyeol into his arms and hugged the skinny man almost to death.

“Ey, Kris, you can let me go now okay?” Chanyeol croaked out when he was running out of breath and Kris instantly let go of him.

Kris returned back to his seat beside Jongin who just snickered and Kris had to hit him hard with his book when the tanned man was imitating how he had sounded.

~

Chanyeol was standing in the hall of Minhee’s and Minjung’s house, waiting for Minjung to come downstairs. Minjung came walking down the stairs and he smiled when he saw her dressed in a pair of shorts, a white tank top and a thin grey sweater over it.

“Hi Minjung-ah” Chanyeol said and kissed her forehead when she stopped in front of him. He had called her earlier at lunch that he’d take her out to meet his friends.

“Hi Chanyeol” she said in that sweet voice and Chanyeol’s heart skipped a beat. He looked at Minjung while the girl pulled on her shoes and they exited the house. Minjung took a hold of Chanyeol’s arm and he smiled happily as he led her toward the park not so far from there.

“Now, you are going to meet my friends-“

“Those who you were out with that weekend?” Minjung asked Chanyeol who became quiet for a few seconds. He cleared his throat awkwardly and then he nodded.

“Yeah, them. But they already apologized and they promised me to apologize to you to” he said and Minjung nodded. She didn’t say anything more as they walked into the park, Chanyeol’s eyes searching for his friends who he found sitting at a hill.

Chanyeol started pulling Minjung along towards his friends who happily shouted over at him when they saw him.

“Hi guys” Chanyeol said when he stopped in front of them and turned to Minjung. He told her to sit down and she did as told and Chanyeol sat down behind her and put his arms around her, pulling her to sit in between his legs with her back resting on his chest.

“This is Minjung, my girlfriend” he said and Minjung unsurely raised her hand in a small wave. She wasn’t sure where to look as they all kept quiet so she stared straight ahead.

“It’s nice to meet you” she said and a small smile played on her lips. Kris was the first one to speak and Minjung heard when he cleared his throat as he sat slightly to her left.

“It’s nice to meet you too. And we want to apologize for what we said about you last Sunday. We were really rude and we didn’t realize it at that moment. And then when we saw how mad Chanyeol got at us I guess we realized how much you mean to him.” He said and looked at Minjung.

“Yeah, we all are sorry. We saw how sad Chanyeol was at school, he didn’t even sleep and he didn’t even talk to us because he was so mad with us. We are deeply sorry. We shouldn’t have been talking about you like we did” Jongin continued and the rest of the nodded. Minjung smiled when she heard all of this and she felt Chanyeol hugging her just a little bit tighter.

“I forgive you. I understand that you didn’t realize how much it hurt so I forgive you since Chanyeol also did” She said and smiled again, making the boys also smile.

The afternoon went on well as the six of them sat in the park, talking and Chanyeol’s friends came to realize how much Minjung meant for Chanyeol and why he liked her. She didn’t judge them or didn’t care about their appearance.

When Chanyeol and Minjung left them and Chanyeol brought Minjung home and Kris and the rest of them looked after them as Chanyeol held her close to himself and they walked away laughing.

“He seems so happy…” Tao said and the rest nodded.

“He really does… And I understand why” Sehun said and the others nodded again.