Coming Home

Love Is Not About Looks

 

A full year had passed since Chanyeol and Minjung met when Minjung walked out of the airport with her mother and sister. Her father stood in the airport, waiting for them and he lightened up when he saw them. Minjung heard him yell after them and she looked at the man and recognized him even thou she hadn’t seen him for over 6 years and she smiled.

“Dad?” she asked and the man smiled wider when he saw her coming towards him. She ran up to him and hugged him and he held her in her arms. They went home together and Minjung looked around their house. It was still a lot like she remembered from when she was younger.

“Shouldn’t you call Chanyeol?” Minhee asked and Minjung swallowed hard while looking at her sister.

“Should I? What if things change between us? What if he-“

“Didn’t he tell you that he loved you no matter what when you told him you’d leave?” Minhee asked and Minjung stopped her rambling.

“He did…”

“Then he does, nothing will change! Now call him!” she said and her sister nodded happily while fishing up her phone and scanning through the contacts. She double tapped Chanyeol’s name and lifted the phone to her ear.

It’s Chanyeol” she heard him say and she smiled.

“Hi, it’s Minjung…”

Minjung-ah!” He sounded happy when she told him who she was and she smiled.

“Yeah, I’m back now. Do you want to meet up?” she asked and she heard Chanyeol quiet down.

Okay, where?”

~

Minjung was at the park 15 minutes later. She was dressed in a pair of skinny jeans, a grey sweater and her hair in a bun on the top of her head. She looked around at the people who passed her, searching for someone who was looking for her.

Chanyeol was still standing by the park gates, now anxiously walking in and out of the park. He was scared. Yup, you heard right, he was scared. He ran a hand through his hair and sighed.

“What if I’m not who she thinks I am?” he said and sighed. He shook his head before he entered the park. He walked inside, looking straight ahead as he was heading toward the fountain where they had decided to meet up.

Chanyeol walked with half confident steps but stopped when he saw her. He stopped in his tracks as he saw her, scared out of his pants. He gulped hard and looked at her. He saw how she looked around herself and then take up her phone and look at the phone.

And that was when Chanyeol did something incredibly stupid.

He left the park.