Chapter 8

Friends to Couple

MinJee POV
The more I think of him the more I wonder. What could he possibly be doing at this very moment? Is he on tour? Practicing for a next live performance? Or is he still training? No that can't be it...

Theres nothing else to do but look out the window. With my friend away for school, there's just nothing I can do but wait which I hate doing. Everyone in the Cube misses her. Especially Yang Yoseob who is currently dating her. Although I'm really close with B2ST now, I still feel a little lonely. Sure I see them at work from time to time but this is B2ST we're talking about. They've been busier then ever. With so many concerts, interviews (...etc...) there's just no one to talk to here. I'm just a traniee. All I do is practice. That's it. Nothing more. Nothing less.

But on the bright side, there was something to look forward to. Next weekend my friend was coming home. When she told me it was her last week of school, I made sure everyone knew about it. The whole building was going crazy. Now we all had to plan her homecoming. The CEO made sure none of the groups had plans that day or anything scheduled. I volunteered to go get her from the airport (which I had an argument with Yoseob but I won in the end.) as we were planning this party, I marked the calendar and started to countdown.

But in time between, I have been going to the park. No one has been there as far as I know. I always go when no one is there. I'm sure people come here, but it seems I come when it's empty.

One time I came and there was a boy and a girl there. I was in hiding so I couldn't see their faces. I noticed the boy was crying and the girl was trying to cheer him up. This interfreaed with my usual visit at the park. So I decided to just leave and go back to Cube. But as I was walking back I couldn't help but wonder who those people were. Why did the boy look sad? Did he get dumped? I wish I knew. Maybe I should of stayed to see what was wrong. Oh well... I hope he'll be okay...

****

Today's the day. Finally my friend is coming home. I can't wait to see her. When everything was ready, the CEO told me it was time to go the airport. I really am happy. Though I was still a little sad about that boy who was sad at the park last week. Ever since that happened, I haven't been to the park in awhile.

Passengers were getting off the plane. I searched long and hard till I finally saw her.

"Eun-Mi!!!!" I called and waved to her.

"MinJee? Is that you?" she asked as she approached me.

I giggled "Of course it's me. Who else?"

"Well you are my sister's look alike. I almost thought it was her for second."

"Oh that's right. Mi-Sun was it? I'm surpised I haven't met her yet..."

"Then how's about we go meet her right now."

"As much as I want to, I'm sure there are some other people who have been dying to see you again. Hint: from Cube Entertainment."

"I see where you're going with this but I really want to see my sisters."

"Please Eun-Mi. You have no idea how bad Yoseob is? I mean he keeps talking about how much he's missing you. It's driving everyone nuts!"

Eun-Mi laughed a little. "Alright. Alright. I'll go to Cube. But I'm going to see my sisters afterwards."

As we made our way back, I had forgotten what I was upset about. I've been waiting so long for Eun-Mi to come back. It's been almost a year since our friendship started. And I just can't believe our first time meeting was when we bumped each other in the halls. I've never thought I get so close to B2ST. But becaue of Eun-Mi, my theory was wrong.

When we arrived to Cube, I texted Yoseob that we were almost there. It's true that he's been saying that he missed Eun-Mi a lot but he didn't tell everyone that. He only told me. (What fun I had while she was away...)

As we went up the elevator, the reason why I was upset had came back to me. I was checking my phone to see the time and I had forgotten I had changed my wallpaper before leaving to the airport. A pic of when I was younger with my best friend from years ago had showed up. My smile was turned into a frown. I was silent the rest of the way up. Eun-Mi obviously noticed this.

"MinJee are you okay? You being quiet kind of scares me a little..."

"Do I even need to hint at it? I've been upset for the same reason."

"You still haven't gotten over it yet? Aigoo MinJee..."

"I know. I know. But I can't find him anyway. I don't even know where he is... I've been having weird flashbacks recently though..."

"Still? The last time I came over you said the same thing... I know you tried, I tired, even B2ST tried, but I'm sorry, MinJee, you have to give up..."

"I just can't, Eun-Mi... I really can't... I just feel like I'm so close to finding him, when really I haven't done anything..."

"Okay fine... Just promise me if you ever give up sarching for him, you'll give up completely..."

All I did was nod my head. 'Give up?' I thought. 'Never going to happen.'