Chapter 21

Friends to Couple

Mi-Sun POV
I woke up bright and early. My sisters were all still asleep so I got ready quietly. Before leaving, I called Hoya to see if everyone was up.

"Ne... They're up. It took us forever to get Sung out of bed though."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course it was. Anyways onto business. Sungjong. Is he up?"

"Well yeah but he's not with us. Sunshine are you sure about this?"

"Of course I am. His actions are now predictable. Just go on without me when MinJee gets here."

"But—"

"But nothing. I know what I'm doing. Trust me on this."

MinJee POV
I'm nervous. So very nervous. I can't stand still if my life depended on it. I had troubles sleeping last night because I was too excited. As I headed to Infinite's dorm, I was thinking on what I was going to say Sungjong. But that didn't matter because he wasn't even there.

"Where is he?" I asked them.

"Don't worry Mi-Sun will find him." one answered.

As we all started to leave, one pulled me back.

"I'm sorry for the lack of introductory my members have. I'm Hoya."

"Oh so you're the one dating Mi-Sun. It's nice to meet you."

"Same here." he said with a smile. "Just wanted to let you know that Mi-Sun knows where Sungjong is. She has a plan. It'll work. I promise."

"Gosh, at least someone around here tells me these things."

"Kaja. We have to be there before Mi-Sun and Sungjong."

"Can't you at least tell me where he is?"

He laughed a little. "Someone like you, should know exactly where he is."

I still looked at him confused but it then hit me. Wow another brain fart. I hope my thinking like this will stop for good.

Sungjong POV
I've come here so many times and I think I should stop. It's making me feel even worse. I keep telling myself I need to forget her forever. But I always end up in the same place. Something keeps telling me that I shouldn't give up. That I should continue to search for MinJee. Did I give up to early? As I sat on the swing, I reached into my pocket. 

Minjee's poem was still there and I had forgotten all about it. This poem was our first song. I remember all the times we would rip out paper out of her notebook and we would make paper airplanes. All my memories need to just go away. I'll forget right here, right now. For real. I closed my eyes and started to countdown.

5...

 

 

4...

 

 

3...

 

 

2...

 

 

"Songjong! Sungjong!"

My eyes re-opened. I turned my head and saw Mi-Sun running towards me.

"How many times are you going to come here alone?" she asked. "You think I don't know where you go. Well listen up. Stop coming here by yourself."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"Everyone hates seeing you down like this. I know you're just doing this on purpose. I'm starting to stop feeling sorry for you." she placed her hand on my shoulder and gave me a smile. "But that's all going to change."

I looked up. "Bwoh?"

"Kaja." Mi-Sun held out her hand. "I have something to show you."

Still unsure what was going on, I slowly reached out and grabbed her hand. She quickly lifted me out of the swing and we started to run.

"Come on Sungjong! Try and keep up!"

"I'm trying Sunshine. I'm trying!"

Where is this girl taking me? One point I'm alone and trying to forget. Then at another, Mi-Sun comes out of nowhere telling me she has something to show me. I tried to ask her where we were going but she kept telling me it was a surprise. I kept thinking this was pay back when it was Mi-Sun's birthday and we didn't tell her were going. Plus we blind folded her, but that was Hoya's idea. Still I wished I knew what this was all about.

"Are we there yet?" I whined, trying to catch up.

"Don't worry just a few more steps." she said.

"Sunshine this isn't a trick is it?"

Mi-Sun stopped running and turned to me. "Why on earth would I trick you?"

"I don't know... I was just asking..."

"Cute One. You know as well as I do that I would never do that. Even if I did, it be a little obvious."

"If you say so..."

We continued to run (then I pleaded Mi-Sun we walk) to wherever she was taking me. As we got closer to the building, Mi-Sun had covered my eyes. I asked why she did this but she told meme to be quiet. I obeyed her command and just continued to walk. I wasn't able to see but I guess the room I entered in was dark because I heard someone turn on a light switch. I soon stopped walking. I heard whispers. What's going on?

"Ready Cute One?"

"As I'll ever be." I said and my eyes were soon uncovered. At first I just saw that we were in our practice room, and all my members were there, but they were laughing silently. It wasn't till I saw a familiar face standing between Dongwoo and Hoya. My eyes widen. "Y-You... Is it really-"

"Annyeong. It's me, MinJee. I'm so happy to you again after all these years, Sungjong." the girl said. "Do you remember me?"

"Of course I do. MinJee..." I turned to Mi-Sun. "How did you find her?"

"It's a long story. But I'll explain later. And what are you waiting for? Go to her." Mi-Sun gave me a push. "Tell her."

"MinJee I-I..."

"Let me guess you love me." she laughed a little. "Well guess what? I love you too. And not as a brother but more..."

Soon the guys were chanting, "Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!"

"Um MinJee so does that mean—" she cut me off by kissing me right on the lips. I'll take that as a yes.

Mi-Sun POV
Sungjong and MinJee are finally together. I saw the tears come down their eyes. As Sungjong and MinJee were surrounded by Infinite, I went outside. I heard Hoya follow me. 

"I'd like to be alone for a bit please." I told him.

"Well I'm already out here. I'm not going to waste it." he said. "But I promise you'll get your alone time."

"No I wont. Once MinJee and Sungjong have their first fight as a couple, I might not get any sleep."

"Those two have been friends for so long. I think they'll be able to solve their own problems. But if they're going to drive you crazy, I'll help."

As I gave him a smile, MinJee and Sungjong came out hand in hand. 

"Where are you two going?" I asked.

"We have some catching up to do." MinJee answered. "So we're going to the park."

"At least I'm not going alone, right Sunshine?" Sungjong said.

I nodded and gave a smile. "Go on have fun."

"Oh Mi-Sun, the four of us can go on double dates now yeah?" MinJee grinned.

"Sure maybe."

As soon as they left, Hoya said, "You really don't want to do that do you?"

"Why? You don't want to?"

"Well... I kinda like our alone time."

I laughed. "We'll see." I went back inside. 

"Wait we're not doing it right? Sunshine! Yah! Mi-Sun answer me!" I heard Hoya call out.

I turned around and stuck my tongue at him. He then started to chase after me.  Happy endings sure are the best.