Chapter 18

Friends to Couple

Mi-Sun POV
My eyes widen and my jaw just falls to the ground. She remembers. So now I can tell Sungjong I fond her. That is if he'll listen to me.

"I'm guessing I don't need to go into fruther detail now right?" I said with a laugh.

"Then you do know Sungjong?"

"Of course I know him. Well I met him last spring but that's not the point."

"Oh Mi-Sun I'm so happy now. But I won't officially. Please tell me. How is he?"

"Well like I said he's kind of sad at the moment. Kind of letting his hyungs do whatever they tell him to do..."

"He's in a group? For what company?"

"Ne. They're called Infinite under Woollim."

MinJee buried her face in her hands. "Aishi!!! Woollim. That's where I forgot to look. Why didn't I think about that before?" I'm so stupid."

"MinJee what are you talking about?"

She sighed. "I wasn't always a Cube traniee. I went to different ones but I was rejected by all of them... This included Woollim. I guess when Sungjong got accepted, I never wanted to return to that place ever again... I hope you know what I mean..."

In fact, I did. It's totally understandable, well maybe not to other people but it does to me. MinJee must love Sungjong if it hurts her to think about this. Plus I saw a tear come down from her eye. 

"So you loved him. And you let him go. Is that why you didn't tell him about your feelings?" 

She looked at me surpised. "H-How did you—"

"Well I was just going to leave it to you to find out but I can't stand seeing you like this. MinJee, Sungjong is desperate. He needs you this very moment. He's been looking for you this entire time. And do you know why he gave up? He made a vow that if he ever forgot about you he would forget about you completly. Do you want that?"

"You're serious?" 

"Ne. Please come with me. I don't like the stage Sungjong is in. He loves you. I want him to smile again."

MinJee place her hand my shoulder. "You've been a great friend to him Mi-Sun. I appreciate what you've done. Thanks for taking care of him for me. Now let me take him off your hands."

****

When I was going home, Eun-Mi kept asking about my conversation with MinJee. I told her nothing nor did I say where we were. MinJee made it clear that I should never tell about the roof. She doesn't have to tell me twice.

Eun-Mi had to leave right after because she and Yoseob were doing something (no surprise) so I just went to Infinite's dorm. It had occurred to me that Sungjong had not texted me to see if the others were up. I opened the door to see that they were but Sungjong was not around.

"Sunshine you're here!" Dongwoo said. They all looked up and gave me a smile.

"Where's Sungjong?" I ask right away.

"In his room. I think." Woohyun answered. "He's been awfully quiet."

I opened the door and pocked my head inside. I looked around and saw that no one was there. I doubled checked. Sungjong's bed was empty. 

"Are you sure he's in his room?" I asked still looking inside.

"We saw him go in there. He has to be right?" Sunggyu said.

"Well think again." I stepped aside with the door wide open. They got up and stepped inside the room. "How could you let him slip away like that? Do you all just care about yourselves? I've been just gave warnings so that all of you could help him, but no not even that helps!"

"Mi-Sun please, stop." Hoya said, trying to calm me down. "You need to relax. We'll go and find him. Just stay here in case he comes back."

"Anio. How can I stay here and do nothing? One of you should stay, in fact you all should stay because—"

Hoya then pulled me close and placed his lips over mine. That definitely shut me up.

"Stay. Don't leave the dorm alright." he told me.

"I'm not a dog." I pouted. "And I said no. I'm going with you. I don't care what you do."

"Hoya kiss her again." Woohyun blurted.

As I gave him a glare and he hid behind Sunggyu who then moved to the side.

"Then what if he comes back while we're gone?" Hoya asked.

"I'll stay." L stepped forward. "I'll even try and call him to inform that you're looking for him."

With L the only one left behind, the rest of us searched for Sungjong. I was with Hoya but ended up going in different directions, without even knowing it. I kept asking myself where Sungjong would be but soon realized how stupid I was. Where else could he of gone to? The park. Duh! I wasn't surprised to see Sungjong there looking depressed. He sat on the swing looking down. 

"Yah! Cute One!" I called out as I ran towards him.

He looked up and gave me a small smile. "Hi Sunshine..."

"How long have you been here?"

"2 hours..."

"Wae? And how did you sneak off?"

"Because I felt like it. And that's not for you to know..."

"I know why you're here. I thought you were trying to forget about her."

"Looks like you get me just the same way she does." he sighed. "Mi-Sun can I tell you something?"

"What is it?"

"When I first met you, I thought you were MinJee thinking you just changed your identity. I know kind of stupid of me to think that right. And.... At some point... I was falling for you—"

"Wow wow. Hold it! You liked me in that way?"

"N-Ne... You were starting to like Hoya. He started to like you. When I found that out, I just kept my feelings to myself.... So now when ever I look at you, I think of her. Literally."

I remained silent. Sungjong could of been my love interest if I would of known. As I couldn't think of anything to say, Sungjong stood up and placed his hands on my shoulders.

"But do you know why I don't see you as MinJee anymore?" He looked straight into my eyes. "Because you help me realize that no matter where she is I'll never forget her and the feeling I have will never disappear. Even if I wanted it to." He pulled me closer to him and rested his chin on my head. "So I thank you for helping me go through this."

I didn't move a muscle. In fact, I just couldn't move at all. I was so scared if I did, he would just hug me even tighter. Then suddenly Sungjong did something I just didn't expect. He kissed the top of my head which caused me to blush a little. When I looked at him, he smiled and I tried to do the same in return. Did Sungjong really just kiss me? I was now uncomfortable because I felt like someone was watching us the whole time.