Chapter 3

Friends to Couple

Sungjong POV
My life was missing something. It took me this long to figure it out. How could I forget? It was no wonder I've been spacing out every so often. When Mi-Sun and Hoya announced to us that they were officially going out, I was literally hit with a flashback. And it's the same one over and over. Because of this flash back, I'm being yelled at by Sunggyu more and it's not just because I'm the maknae.

Mi-Sun and Hoya finally came inside the dorm. I was going to talk to her but the two of them were in a deep conversation. Or that's what it looked like. Sometimes I feel jealous of Hoya for having Mi-Sun as a girlfriend. Or just being in a relationship in general. It's not that I like Mi-Sun in that way it's just that I feel like I need someone like her to be by my side. Someone who really understands. I know who that person is but I'll never see her again. My best friend.

*FLASHBACK*
At first I saw just as a new classmate. She was the new girl that came from the states. Everyone liked her but no one liked me. I kept my distance to not get myself involved with her what's so ever. Until I found myself talking to her one day. I was sitting alone like I always did, until she came up to me with a smile.

"Hi! What's your name?" she asked.

I kept my head down because I was hoping she was talking to someone else.

"Hey I'm talking to you."

I slowly looked up "Me?"

"Ne. What's your name?" she repeated.

"L-Lee S-Sungjong." I answered nervously.

"Well nice to meet you Sungjong. You and I are going to be best friends. Starting now."

"W-Wae?"

"Thats right. We're going to be best friends forever and ever." She said as she took the seat in front of me. "I'm Choi MinJee by the way."
*END OF FLASHBACK*

 I don't know what I was supposed to do that day. She had me completely speechless. I guess she kind of forced  me to be her friend but if I didn't know her I wouldn't have this feeling. I'll never forget her. After thinking this it made me wonder; did she forget me?

"Cute One! Hello? Lee Sungjong!!"

I blinked a couple times and shook my head. I had finally come back to reality. Mi-Sun was waving her hands in front of my face. The others were just starring at me.

"Ne... Did you say something Sunshine?"

"I asked if you were okay like five minutes ago." she said.

"You did? I'm sorry... I was just thinking—" I stopped what I was about to say because I didn't want anyone knowing the truth. "Never mind. I was just spacing out was all."

No one is to ever know my real feelings. Not even Mi-Sun. It's best I keep it a secret. None of them will care. They won't notice. Oh how I wish to see her again...

Mi-Sun POV
Am I the only one who cares about Sungjong here? It seems his own members are just acting like this was just a normal thing. Did they care at all?

Since it was Friday, it was my daily outing with Hoya only. But to make it fare, we only did this every other Friday. The only problem was that we had to be extra careful because of Inspirits and paparazzi. That's why we waited till it was a little dark out, even though it was limited on places to go. 

Since I was still kind of tired, because of school, Hoya and I just went for ice cream and walked to the park. At times I wouldn't pay attention to Hoya. I was too focused on Sungjong. When we arrived to the park, I was more quiet then ever.

"Mi-Sun. Is everything okay?" Hoya asked. "I've never seen you like this."

"I'm sorry if I'm making today boring." I sighed. "It's just that... Well... Haven't you noticed Sungjong spacing out lately?"

"Ne. I've noticed it. I asked him what was wrong but he didnt tell me."

"Did you at least make an effort to have him spill it out?"

"Not really..."

"Hoya I'm scared for him. The rest of your members don't seem to care how Sungjong is feeling. You all act like it's normal but it's not. You're the one who's roommates with him in the dorm aren't you?"

"Okay okay I see your point. Would it make you happy if I try to talk to him again."

"Please. I want to know what's going on. And you better put in the effort in talking to him."

"Don't worry Sunshine. I'll do my best to get it out of him. Can we go back to our date now?"

I laughed. "Ne Talented One." I ran to the swings. "You get to push me first."

"Ah no fare. I pushed you first last time."

"Too bad. Gotta be quicker then that."

"Alrightly then. How's about I chase you instead?"

I gave a little squeal and started to run away from him. Hoya ended up catching me from behind. It was just a perfect night. The moon was full and bright. There was no cloud in the sky. I wish days like these could never end.