Chapter 19

Friends to Couple

MinJee POV
After talking to Mi-Sun at Cube, I soon realized my discovery had all came too fast. I needed to sink it all in. So I told Mi-Sun meeting Sungjong would have to wait. When Mi-Sun and Eun-Mi left, I had started practice myself then when that was over, I just decided to wonder around town. I wanted to avoid the park today but I couldn't help but notice a boy sitting on the swings. I was thinking about going over to him and ask what was wrong but I heard footsteps coming from the other way. I turn to see who it was.

'Mi-Sun? What's she doing here?' I thought.

I hid behind the bushes and tried to over hear their conversation. I know this was wrong but I just wanted to know who this boy was. As I was listening, right away I knew it was Sungjong. My heart skipped a beat as I heard his voice again. It's been so long. Curse me being so hesitate.

"When I first met you, I thought you were MinJee thinking you just changed your identity. I know kind of stupid of me to think that right. And.... At some point... I was falling for you—" 

Sungjong really? I wanted to yell out. But then again, Mi-Sun and I do look alike. So many people have mistaken us for one another. I guess it was understandable but I was kind of disappointed that he was falling for Mi-Sun for real. I looked at them to see what they were doing and I couldn't have better timing. Let it just be my imagination. I did not just see Sungjong hug and give Mi-Sun a peck on the head. Luckily I don't jump to conclusions easily.

I should of left. But my feet aren't moving. Why can't I go? Feet move now! I hate this. I've seen enough. Hopefully Eun-Mi is free right now. I took one last look. Mi-Sun and Sungjong were now leaving. As soon as they were out of sight, I slowly stood up. I got my phone and texted Eun-Mi: Meet me at your uncle's cafe! This is an is emergency!!!!!

Right away I got a reply. 

Eun-Mi: Alright I'll be on my way!

It had just occurred to me that Eun-Mi was on a date with Yoseob. Now I felt guilty. I just interrupted their second date since Eun-Mi came back. Well I'm sure they don't mind. Eun-Mi said she was coming. So it shouldn't be a problem, hopefully. As I was going to the cafe, I remembered that I had forgot to mention to Mi-Sun about my poem. After all this excitement, I had almost forgotten it. How careless of me.

I entered the cafe and Eun-Mi's uncle recognized me right away.

"MinJee? Or are you Mi-Sun?" he said as he approached me.

"It's MinJee, sir" I smiled. "It's nice to see you."

"As to you. Ah your similarities with my niece is just so amazing. I can never tell if it's you or not. So what brings you here?"

"I'm supposed to meet Eun-Mi here. It's an emergency."

"Well she hasn't arrived yet so why so don't you take that table over there. Soo-Min should be done cleaning it by the time you get there."

"Kamsahmida." I then made my way toward the table.

After Soo-Min finished wiping the table down, she turned around, facing me and jumped a little. "M-Mi-Sun?"

I laughed a little. "Anio. My name is MinJee. I'm a friend of your sister, Eun-Mi. I know. I look like Mi-Sun. I get that a lot."

"Oh, wow, so you're MinJee. It's nice to see we finally get to meet. I would love to chat with you but as you can see I have to work."

"That's okay. I understand. It was nice seeing you."

When Soo-Min left, I sat at the table and waited for Eun-Mi to come. I know I shouldn't rush things but I really needed her here now. This was about my love life and I hate jumping to conclusions so early. I want the truth. I  don't want to think that Mi-Sun didn't tell me she and Sungjong were an item. It kills me to even think about it.

Eun-Mi then finally arrived but Yoseob was with her. I was kind of disappointed but I did see it coming.

"MinJee, what's the big emergency?" she asked as Yoseob followed behind.

Before I had said anything, I gave Eun-Mi a signal that Yoseob needed to go away for a bit. She soon caught on and Yoseob was then sent to the counter. I noticed he was talking to her uncle.

"So what's wrong?" Eun-Mi asked, as she sat down beside me.

"Tell me Eun-Mi, is Mi-Sun dating anyone?

"N-Ne... But what does—"

"Who?"

"He's an idol like Yoseob. But under Woollim Entertaiment..."

"Tell me his name."

"Lee Howan.  But he likes to be called Hoya instead."

"I knew it!" I yelled out which caused everyone around me to stare. "Sorry everyone. Please go back to whatever you were doing."

Eun-Mi tugged on my sleeve. "Why do you care about on who Mi-Sun's dating?"

"I almost thought your sister was dating someone else..."

"Is there something you're not telling me?"

I then told Eun-Mi about Sungjong. She no longer had to search for him. I explained how every piece of the puzzle started to fit.

"Well have you seen him yet?"

"A-Ani... I just discovered this today, I have to sink it all in. I will see him tomorrow."

"Well I'm happy for you. Don't mess up this opportunity. I'll be sure to thank Mi-Sun a lot."

"No need. I already have." I smiled to myself remembering what Mi-Sun and I had talked about. She had been there for him through the ups and downs, something I would have to do when we were little. I'm glad someone like Mi-Sun was able to take care of him while I struggled to even find him in the first place. Now I'll be able to go back to it.