Chapter 7

Friends to Couple

Mi-Sun POV
Oh Sungjong. Why must you do this to me?

Ever since he told me about his friend MinJee I've been lousing focus in class. How can I help him find her if he doesn't even know what she looks like? I've asked a couple of my classmates if they knew or had info about MinJee. Unfortunately, none of them had anything that was helpful. I wasn't making any progress. For the whole week, I've been using my free time to look MinJee up. Still there was nothing. Where could this girl possibly be?

When Thursday came around again, I slowly walked across the school yard. People kept asking me if I needed a buddy to walk home. I refused their offer and I lie that I'm going to my uncle's cafe or someplace else. I do this because I know they are only using me to get to Infinite.

I was about to call Hoya that I was on my way home but someone had tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around to see Sungjong with a hoodie and sunglasses on.

"Cute One, what are you doing here? It isn't safe for you to be at school at this time?" I told him.

"Sorry Sunshine but I need you to come with me." he said.

"Wae? What for you?"

"I'll explain later." he took my hand and we started to run till we reached the park.

"Why did we come here for?" I asked still trying to catch my breath.

"Everytime I come here, I think of her. When we were little, we came to the park everyday. That's why I only know what she looks like when we were ten because of all the flashbacks I've been having."

We were silent for a bit. I now understood why Sungjong brought me here. I still remember the conversation we had on Saturday. I never thought he would have feelings for someone he knew from along time ago.

*FLASHBACK*
Sungjong was explaining his dream to me as detailed as possible. He did it so well that I didn't even have to ask a single question. When he finished, I told him mine.

"A girl who looked like you was... With me? Now that's just weird." he said.

"What could they possibly mean anyway?" I said.

"I don't know... But I've been having flashbacks of when I was younger as well. Does that mean anything?"

I thought for a minute then asked, "Have you been missing anyone lately?"

"Didn't Hoya tell you I've been missing my friend MinJee?"

"Oh right." MinJee? That's her name? Why do I feel like I've heard that name before...

"I still don't understand. What does me missing MinJee have to deal with any of this?"

At first, I wasn't getting this at all but it hit me. I snapped my fingers. "Sungjong don't you see? The reason why you are having flashbacks is because you have feelings for her. You're—"

He covered my mouth. "SHHH!!! Not so loud Sunshine. Do you want the others to wake up?"

"Sorry. But I am right aren't I?"

Sungjong fell silent and looked down. I noticed he was blushing a bit. "Just dont tell anyone okay."

"I promise."

"So what's the plan."

"The only thing we can do. I'm going to help you find her."

He looked at me with widen eyes. "Y-You are?"

"Of course. I'll do whatever I can to find her for you. She's your friend after all."

"Gomawo. I can always count on you Mi-Sun."
*END OF FLASHBACK*

We continued to stand at the park. I didn't know what to say at this moment. It was still quiet till Sungjong spoke again.

"Did you get any other info on her?"

"Anio. I couldn't..."

"Sunshine... You promised you would find her..."

"I know. I'm trying my best. There's just no one at my school who knows her..."

 I've tried looking for MinJee for only almost a week and I already feel like a failure. I just had to find her.

"As long as you're trying... But I don't think I can wait any longer. So please hurry."

I wanted to ask why I needed to hurry but then noticed a tear come down his eye. Whatever he's thinking right now, must be hurting him inside.

Sungjong POV
Where could she be? I can't bare this long wait. Ever since yesterday, I've been silently crying at night. I thought I was crazy thinking about my feelings but I'm not. Everything was now coming back to me. I was in love with MinJee. Not like. Love. And I never told her how I felt. It's a mistake I will always regret from this day forward. How stupid of me to not remember any of this from the begenning. But how come I only remember her when she was a little girl and not what she looks like now? I just don't understand.

Now thinking about MinJee, I just wanted to scream to the top of my lungs, yelling out "MinJee where are you? Please be here with me. I love you!" But what would that do? It wouldn't bring her back. Nothing can. I had my chance from years ago. But I had let it slide... Oh MinJee how could of we let go of each other?

*FLASHBACK*
Her back was turned to me the whole time. I could tell MinJee was about to cry. I had recived a letter saying I was to start my training at Woollim in two days. Unfortunately, MinJee was rejected. We were discussing it, and I noticed she would walk in front of me or in back of me. I would ask what was wrong but she didn't answer me.

The next day it was the same. She was ignoring me. But this time she wasn't answering my calls or texts. I came to her house one night and her parents told me she wasn't home. 

"She left this morning and hasn't returned. We thought she was with you this whole time." her mother said worriedly. "I hope she's okay."

"MinJee didn't tell you where she was going?" I asked.

Her father shakes her head. "Anio. She just left the house without saying a word. It seemed she already knew where she was going."

I thought for a minute then snapped my fingers. "I think I know where she is. Don't worry I'll bring her home safe. I promise."

Before her parents had the chance to say something, I ran to the park. Like I peridicted, MinJee was sitting on the swings. Her hood was up and was looking down. I approached slowly. I had so many questions for her but I bet I already knew the answers to them.

"MinJee why are you here by yourself?" I asked as I tapped her on the shoulder.

As she looked up at me, her eyes were all watery. "Oh you should know why... Can't you tell by the way I look?"

"MinJee stop acting like a five year old. You're just making things difficult on your own." I told her firmly. "I'm not going to deal with this type of behavior. Your parents are worried sick about you. Why didn't you tell them where you were going? And would it kill you to just answer my calls and messages. And weren't you the one who told me that help isn't going to just come to you? I can't help you if you don't tell me what's going on!!"

I then realized I had just raised my voice at her as if I was her father. By the way MinJee looked, I was scared that we were going to have our very first argument. She was silent, gave sigh, then said, "I'm sorry... For acting like such a child, Oppa..."

I jerked back a little. She's never called me that. Never. Did I hear her right?

"You're right about everything..." she contiuned. "I should of told you from the beginning... I was just scared..."

"Of what?"

"Nevermind... I promise I won't do it again."

"So why did you run off without saying a word?" I asked as I sat on the swing next to her.

"I just felt like everything was going down hill for me. You being accepted to Woollim while I didn't... My parents had told me they could care less about my choice about being an idol. And I just found out my long time crush had a girlfriend."

"You mean the jerk who just totally rejected you last year? I told you he was no good."

"I know. I realize that now... I don't think I ever want to have feelings for anyone for awhile... It's all too much... I just want to focus on just one boy, who's been my friend since my youth."

I just gave her a smile. Then I looked down and sighed. If that's the way she feels right now, then I'll just have to tell her later.
*END OF FLASHBACK*

How could I just let it all go when I had the chance? Tears continued to pour, till I felt a hand on my shoulder. Mi-Sun gave me a simle which made me feel a little better I guess. She is doing her best to find MinJee. I really do appreciate her help and support.

"Sungjong. I live up to my promises. You know that." Mi-Sun said. "I'm going to do whatever I can to find her. I'll go to the edge of the earth if I have to."

"Gomawo, Sunshine." I sniffed. "I know you do."

"Well come on. We should head back to the dorm. We don't want to get yelled at. They're all probably wondering where we are..."

I just nodded my head. After taking one last look at the park, I didn't turn my head again. Still time after time a tear would come down as I walked with Mi-Sun. Even though she was giving me comfort, it still didn't make me feel better. Nothing will till MinJee is by my side once again.