Chapter 20

Friends to Couple

Mi-Sun POV
Hopefully, I never have to mention what happened at the park to anyone. If only I could get rid of the memory. It keeps coming back again and again. Why did Sungjong kiss me? I know it wasn't lip contact but still. What was he thinking? I can't believe he did it. I'll just keep my mouth shut.

As we went back to the dorm, I called Hoya to meet us back there. In rather, meeting each other at some other place. It was kind of late and I noticed Sungjong not as depressed as he usually is. I mean he was still sad but not that bad. I was going to tell Sungjong about MinJee but I had to keep it to myself. They're finally going to meet tomorrow  after all these years. I'm just so excited. Hopefully, Infinite doesn't have a schedule that day. I want everyone to be there.

When we neared the dorm, Hoya, Sunggyu, Dongwoo, Woohyun, and Sungyeol had came by at the same time. I had forgotten L had stayed behind to see if Sungjong would come back. We all went inside and L was just lying on the floor with the bamboo pillow.

"Sungjongie, why don't you just rest in your room." I said. "I have something to say to your hyungs."

"Alright Sunshine." he slowly made his way to the door.

As soon as he closed it, I turned to them. My mouth was open but Sunggyu had beaten me to it.

"We're not in trouble again are we?" he whinned. "I'm sorry for whatever I did—"

"Mature One! Relax. You guys aren't in trouble this time." I answered. 

"Then why did you sent Sungjong to his room?" Sungyeol asked.

"Because it's about his long lost friend. She's been found."

"BWOH?" they all said at once.

"Shhhh! Not so lound! I don't want him to hear."

"The girl's been found? When?" Woohyun asked.

"Today. Hope you don't have anything tomorrow. Because the two are finally going to see each other after all these years. I want everyone to be there for his support."

"Can't we meet her now? So that we know at least what she looks like?" L wondered.

"Let's just say, she looks exactly like me."

They all looked at each other. Woohyun then remembered he had seen a girl that was alike. I told them that was MinJee. With them all now speechless, I said goodbye. As I was walking out, Hoya came with me.

"So MinJee really does look like you?" he suddenly said. As I nodded my head, he sighed. "Well then this is going to be weird."

"Wae?"

"Because, you two are similar. I might make a mistake and get the wrong idea..."

I giggled. "No you wont. You'll know the difference. You know why? Because I'll always and forever love you. And if you really do make a mistake, just remember one thing."

"What's that?"

I held up my hand to show him the ring. He smiled brightly and brought me closer to him then whispered. "I'm proud of you."

"For what?"

"For helping him. I would of never thought of it. But you stepped up and had everyone pitch in. You make everything brighter. That's why you're my Sunshine."

Hoya gave me a kiss and continued to walk me home. He stayed for a little while, till I was put to bed. As I stared into space, I thought about how Sungjong and MinJee were going to react when they see each other. It makes me wonder if they ever encountered with each other with out even knowing it. I bet they did. Do I even need to explain that?

I couldn't help but smile. My work here will soon be done. Bringing two lovers together. Didn't see that one comin now did you father?

MinJee POV
I'm so lucky that I'm not one of those girls who just gets the wrong idea rigjt away. To think that's what people call interesting. That's just weird. Do people really want drama that in real life? I guess it make life a little more exciting right? You just wouldn't expect it.

As I said goodbye to Eun-Mi and Yoseob, I wondered how Mi-Sun felt when Sungjong kissed her. She must of been shocked if it was silent for along time. Was it possible that she knew I was hiding behind the bushes? I think I saw her turn her head. Oh well I'll never know.

I entered my auntie's cafe and it was almost closing time. Only a few customers were seated. Must of been a slow day. 

"MinJee, finally you're here." my uncle said. "What took you so long?"

"Now dear, she had long day. Let her rest for a bit." my auntie said. "I know it's excting for all of us."

"What is?" I asked as I sat at the counter in front of them.

"This might sound a bit surprising but your parents are on video chat."

"R-Right now?" As they nodded, I immediately turned the computer around. "Eomma? Apa?"

"Minjee! How are you? Hope you're well." my mother smiled

"My daughter, my have you grown." my father grinned.

"I'm fine. It's nice seeing." that's pretty much all I could say. I mean I haven't seen my parents for I don't know how long. And of all days, they choose just today to actually do this? Some parents I have. In fact, I couldn't believe I'm facing them through video chat. I think it's time to say what's on my mind. As my parents contiuned to explain their excuses on why they were never around, my mouth was open but no words had can out. I couldn't do it. But I have to. I want to.

"MinJee are you alright?" my parents asked.

"N-Ne..." I looked at my auntie who literally just read my mind . She knew what I had to do and wanted me to do so.  "Actually I'm not okay. How can I be when my very own parents aren't here to talk to me in person? You're never around anymore. Ever since I started my training it's as if you've been ignoring me. All you do is think about is yourselves. You're the worst parents ever!"

With that, I left my parents speechless and turned away from the computer. My auntie was about to talk to them but before she had the chance, I clicked end. I hid my face into my hands to avoid my auntie seeing my tears. She came over to comfort me.

"It's alright, dear. Tomorrow, I'll bet you'll forget about all this."

In fact, I was going to. Maybe seeing him will make everything feel better.

I smiled to myself. Sungjongie, I can't wait to see you again.