Chapter 10

Friends to Couple

Mi-Sun POV
The things he makes me do. I have yet to find MinJee which is causing Sungjong to be more depressed then ever. I hate seeing him like this. It breaks my heart to see him be separated from her for so long. I'm also mad him. Why? I mean come on? How can you forget your best friend from your childhood? That's like one major thing in your life. Oh well. This is Sungjong we're talking about here.

I've been with him ever since the day we went to the park. I'm waiting for my last week of school to come so that I can have my stress level be lowered. Every second Sungjong wants me to be with him. Or it's because everyone in Infinite is lame and they just call me to help him with his problem. Sometimes I had to put a rain check on Hoya just so that I can be with Sungjong.

Today, Eun-Mi was coming home from school. I was going to meet her at the airport, but she said a friend of hers was going to come and get her. Usually I would argue and say that I'm her sister and family is always first but since there was another call from Infinite saying Sungjong needed me, I had to let it slide.

It was of all days that he decides not to get of bed the whole day. But I managed to get him out of his room just so that he could get some air. After ten minutes, he went back to hiding his face under the covers. It was all because Woohyun said the word park, which caused Sungjong to have another melt down.

It was getting late and I had to go home for Eun-Mi's homecoming. Even though I have a feeling she already had one at Cube. Before I left his room, Sungjong grabbed my arm and asked, "Are you going to be here tomorrow at least?"

I sighed. "I'm sorry Sungjong, but it's like I said. My sister is done with school and is home from the states. I'd like to be with my sisters for awhile."

"Okay. I understand."

"Just try not to be to depressed, alright. I don't want Sunggyu to call me saying they can't 'handle a problem of yours'" I laughed.

"Alright Sunshine, I'll try to control myself."

I closed the door behind me and saw Hoya with his arms crossed. He was the only one in the room and didn't look so happy.

"So what are your plans for tomorrow?" he asked.

"I'm going to hang out with my sisters because Eun-Mi's finished with school." I answered nervously.

"Are you sure you don't have plans with Sungjong instead?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Mi-Sun you should know exactly what I'm talking about."

I gave a look of confusion but then thought of a possibility. "Wait, you think I'm bailing on you again so that I could—"

"Considering the amount you two have spent with each other, then yes thats exactly what I think."

"You know what I think? That somebody is jelouse in this process."

"Okay what are you talking about?"

"Oh you should know exactly what I'm talking about." I said mimicking his voice, then headed for the door but he grabbed my arm. "Yah! Let go! I have to be home before Eun-Mi does."

"We're not done talking about this."

I tried to yank my arm away. "Hoya will you grow up. I'm only doing this to help him. I don't see the rest of you putting in the effort."

"I would put in more effort if he would tell me straight froward on what's wrong!"

"The only reason why he's not telling you is because he's afraid to! He's scared that he'll be made fun of. Do you see how bad Sunggyu treats him? Do any of you help Sungjong get over it? Not the way I see it. Is that how things work around here? You do some part of the job while I'm not looking and when I do you all say you can't do anything about it and leave it to me? That's some support there."

After slamming the door, a tear came down from eye. It was the first time I had to raise my voice at Hoya. Now I just wanted to stay in bed the whole day. But when Eun-Mi came home, I hid all my feelings with a smile. I couldn't get over my encounter with Hoya before coming home. I really wished that didn't happen.

MinJee POV
After the party, Eun-Mi had to go see her sisters. She insisted I go with her so that I could go meet them, but unfortunately I had to stay in Cube to practice dance. It came to me that I have yet to meet the rest of Eun-Mi's sisters. The only one I remember was seeing Chun-Hei, her eldest sister. I'm mostly eggier to meet Mi-Sun because apparently she looks like me.

I guess I had my chance when it was their mother's and father's funeral, but I couldn't go because I had to do work at Cube. I am a traniee after all.

Sometimes I feel like I got lucky. All the entertainment companies had rejected me and I didn't even audition for Cube. The CEO saw me perform in public. My uncle and auntie were losing their business so I used my talent to win back a crowd. Plus it worked. As I was finishing up my last song, the CEO came up to me and asked if I'd like to be a trainee for Cube. Of course I said yes. It was just luck.

After practice was over, I didn't know if I should go back to park. The boy I saw was still in my head. Was he going to return as well? But its late everyone should be at home right now. So I went to park.

When I got there, I doubled checked if any one was around. No one. I went over to the swings and sat down. I checked again if there was someone. Empty. With a little satisfaction, I pulled out a piece of paper out of my pocket. I then started to sing. It was a song that I use to sing with my long lost friend. We both came up with it. The tune and the lyrics. Some how it just stayed in our heads, and we sang it everyday.

As I was getting to the chorus once more, I heard someone call out, "Hello? Who's there?"

I stopped swinging and fell silent.

"Anyone here? I mean no harm. Hello? I just want to know where you knew that song from?"

Slowly and quietly, I got off the swing. My heart was ponging faster as I heard the person's footsteps get closer and closer. I walked backward hoping he would go away but at the same time I also had this urge to stop and see who it was. Suddenly I had tripped on something causing me to fall backward and scream a little. Now scared out of my mind, I started to run for home. I couldn't believe I just gave myself away like that. As I as running, I thought about the voice who I had heard. I feel like I've heard it before.