Chapter 1

Friends to Couple

**8 YEARS AGO**

The park. It was theirs. A palace. A ship. It was anything they imagined. Everyday you would pass by this park and only two kids would be playing there. One boy and one girl. The two playmates stood by each other no matter what. They didn't care what the other kids thought of them. Friendship shouldn't be judged like you would do to a book's cover. It comes from the heart. That's exactly what their bond was. There was no lies. Nothing was fake. This was reality. It was almost as if everything to them was just too perfect. If you were their classmate, you would notice that there was no fighting. They would protect each other from the bullies and the ones who tease. They sat at the same spot at lunch and even in the classroom. The teachers did notice this bond. They were never separated.

But one wonders if everything was different. What if they did separate? Would it change anything? Some say if they did go different ways, everything would go unbalanced and a war would be set out. Others just thought they would forget about one another.

Aside from the crazy rumors, the two of them were not only friends but neighbors as well. Their families got along and treated the other with respect. It was if they were one big family.

One day when a festival was taken place, the two kids went on their own to explore. It was actually their first activity together without their parents hanging around them. Little did they know, it was their first date. They soon came across a performance of a Kpop group. There were no seats but that didn't stop them. The park was close by so they climbed on top of the jungle gym and watched the show from afar.

"It would be neat to do that. Don't you think?" the girl said as she turned to him.

"Bwoh? You mean being an idol?" he asked.

"Ne. I want to try and do that someday. But I heard it's hard to become one and they are very strict about their traniees..."

"I bet you be a great idol, MinJee. You sing very well. Who wouldn't want to choose you?"

"You think so?"

"I know so. If you do become one I'll be your number one fan. In fact, I already am."

"What about you, Sungjong? Would you want to be one?"

"I don't know... Maybe. It be cool I guess."

"Then how's about we start our dreams together. We'll go to the same companies and audition together. Hopefully they'll accept us at the same time."

"Alright that's sounds like a plan."

They gave each other smiles and continued to watch the show.

**7 YEARS LATER**

MinJee and Sungjong had auditioned twice and they both didn't accepted. Still they continued to look for right company till one day a set of results were finally in from Woollim Entertainment. Sungjong was said to start training the next day. Which ment he could no longer see MinJee who was denied from the company. They went to their park. To have their last conversation before saying goodbye.

"Are you sure you want me to do this?" Sungjong asked as he noticed MinJee still quiet.

"Sungjong, how many times do I have to tell you yes?" she said. "You can't miss this opportunity."

"But our plans they are ruined. We said  we'd be together till the very end."

"I know... I know... But I can't let you give this up over something we said when we were younger. It's time to go our separate ways."

"But... MinJee... I—"

"No more Sungjong... I don't want to talk about this any longer. Let's just enjoy the rest of our last day together. While we can..."

"MinJee..."

She looked at him with pleading eyes. "Just please dont ever forget me. Our... friendship means everything to me..."

"Friends... Right. Don't worry I won't forget. I promise."

***

MinJee was then accepted to CUBE Entertainment and didnt hesitate to start her training right away. After another three years, she was finally a traniee. She wondered who the first person was going to tell. MinJee barely had any friends. She made some while auditioning but they all made the cut while she didn't. Who was there to tell? She thought about her parents but they had neutral feelings to her decision on her being an idol. So they could care less if she was in or not.

MinJee's parents were always busy. Her father was a restaurant owner which sold meat that was the best in the world. It was no wonder the place was always a busy and crowded wether it was a lunch rush or late at night. He could not make any time off. MinJee's mother on the other hand was a national business worker. Her mother could speak ten different languages fluently and her co-workers, mainly her boss, depended on her to be the representative of their company to attended meetings all over the world. She traveled continuously with out a week vacation in between.

MinJee barely saw her parents so she was mainly taken cared by her auntie and uncle. It wasn't always like this. Everything just changed after MinJee stared her training. She saw her parents more and more less everyday till it came to the point where she never saw them again.

So basically there was no one she could tell this to except her uncle and auntie. They would be proud. But it seemed MinJee just wanted to tell someone else. Someone who understood her in every way possible. She just couldn't think of the person.

It just didn't come to her till she reached the park. All of her childhood memories were coming back. The one person she wanted to tell was her best friend from all those years. She looked at her phone. No messages. So she began to call him. No answer. MinJee tried multiple times but got no answer. She checked the last time they had a conversation. Three years ago.

'Has he forgotten? Or have I?' she thought. 'Lee Sungjong... Please don't forget me..."

From that moment, her lost feeling had came back. Her heart torn. A tear came down her eye regretting the choice she made.

'If only if I told you sooner, but I just had to let you go..." she continued to cry till she couldn't anymore.