Memories

How to Break Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Often in life, we forget things we should remember and remember things we should forget.

 

“should we go home after this? We might be late for the last bus.”

Luhan looks at his watch.

“it’s okay, we still have time. Can we go to the lake for the last time?”

“hmm? For what?”

“They said the lake’s night view is the best!”

Sica just nods and let luhan drags her there for nobody counts how many times today.

It is really beautiful there and not too many people like before. Luhan tolds her to sit on the bench.

“i’ll come back, just a minute! Wait here, don’t go anywhere.” After saying that, he runs leaving her alone.

She looks right and left.

“this is scary, where is he going... what if.. there’s a ghost...” she looks behind, gets paranoid by herself and looking here and there.

“why is he leaving me alone.. he isn’t playing prank on me, is he? No way.. luhan is not like that..”

The more she thinks about it, the scarier she gets. “no ghost okay.. let’s think of other thing.. other thing..” suddenly something pop up in her head. “nooo... i can’t think of him... aaaargh get out get out! Why are you even bothering me in my head!” She hits her head lightly.

“sica??”

She looks up. Luhan is already here.

“you okay?”

“I-I’m okay haha..”

Luhan is hiding something behind his back. “what is it?” She tries to look at it.  

“actually.. i tried to buy a cake in the place that i found this afternoon, but it’s closed. I’m sorry.. is it okay if i bought the cake later?”

“no it’s okay! I don’t really need cake! I’m not a gradschooler you know..”

“really? Is it okay? I shouldn’t have missed the most important thing.” He looks dissapointed.

“it’s really okay, i don’t even think about cake this whole day. That’s not important.” She gives him assuring smile.

“then.. let’s go to the main part, shall we?”

Sica just looks at him, confused.

“happy birthday...” He brings out the small box. “your birthday gift, hope you like it.”

She takes it from him. “t-thank you.. it’s too much. You don’t have to..”

“of course i have to, you are my girlfriend right? hehe.”

She gulps.

Of course I’m his girlfriend..

“can i open it now?”

Luhan nods excitedly. She opens it carefully, revealing a white diamond ring. She looks at it in dazed, every woman would definitely love it. But..

“lu-luhan.. isn’t this too expensive??”

“umm.. it would be lying if i said it’s not. But it’s okay, i still think it’s not compared to you. I mean.. i should give you more than that.”

“that is not the problem! but where do you get money for this? We are just high schooler, how could you..?”

“i’ve saved my money all this time for today. For our trip and your gift.” He scratchs his head. “you don’t have to worry, i just want to do it. You didn’t pressure me or anything, if you liked it i’d be more than happy.”

Sica just stares at him, mouth hangs open.

“you must be using all your savings to buy this. Am i right?”

He looks hesitating to answer. She knows she is right.

“you know.. i don’t really need that money though..”

I don’t need this ring either.. you could use this much money for something more important.. than me.

But she can’t say it. It would hurt him.

Luhan walks to her. Holding one of her limp hand.

“sica you know.. i love you. I could do anything for you, saving money for this all is not a big deal. So.. don’t think too much about it. It’s nothing. I’m just.. happy, because you keep staying with me all this time. Maybe you don’t realize it, but you make me so happy.” After saying that, he hugs her like he would never she her again.

But his last words, make her feels like losing her soul.

“Don’t leave me.. please..”

He sounds a bit choked up, almost pleading. 

She just stands there in his embrace, with tears start to well up in her eyes.

I give up..

Once again. You knock me down.

 

***

 

She gets home at midnight, sits on her bed. Replaying everything that happened today. It’s weird she thinks. She feels so tired after everything she did today, but she isn’t sleepy at all. Or maybe she just doesn’t want to sleep. For hours, she sits on her bed hugging her knees. Sometimes looking at the clock.

It’s 3:00 already.

Why is time running so fast so suddenly?

Or maybe it’s just me who want to make it slower..

She looks at her phone on the bedside table. She didn’t bring it today on purpose. She takes a deep breath, staring at it for a while. Finally takes it. Just as she predicted, she gets many messages and missed calls. But she doesn’t dare to open it. In the end she toss it to the bed and cover herself with the blanket, like it’ll protect her from everything she scared of. But of course it’s not.

 

Morning comes.. she wakes up by the sound of her phone ringtone. Rubs her eyes, still feels exhausted because last trip and lack of sleep. Yawning, she answers the call.

“hallo..” she said sleepily,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter