A new start

Detective L and the Secret Behind the Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

L looked to the big building in front of him. 
The building had two big K’s on the front. 
It’s the first time in three years since he came back here, but nothing changed. 
He took a deep breath before he start to walk the KK agency in.

“Welcome..." L heard a familiar voice talk and looked at his right.

He saw the familiar security guard he always saw in the past and smiled a little when he saw his shocked face.

“Mr. L. Long time no see.” The security guard said surprised and give him a small nod before he walked on.

He wanted to talk more, but he just didn’t knew what to say. 
He took the elevator and pressed the 23th floor. 
The familiar place where his father’s office was. 
L looked up when he saw that he arrived.
When he saw the familiar corridor he didn’t dare to move. 
Nothing has changed except the fact that his dad isn’t here anymore. 
If he walk out he will realize that everything is true. 
The elevator door started to close and L prevented it on the last second with his hand.
The elevator door opened again and suddenly revealing a young mysterious girl. 
The girl bowed to him and L nodded a little

He walked the elevator out while she walked in.
L walked slowly to the office of his dad and stopped in front of the door for a few seconds. 
He then took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

“Come in.” L heard his brother voice saying and he opened the door.

He saw his brother working behind the desk of his dad and looked up to him.

“Long time no see.” J said calmly and L walked closer to him

“I came like you told me to.” L said and J nodded a little.

There was a long time silence between the two brothers.
 Both didn’t know what to say and both were just looking at each other waiting for the other to talk

“I want to see dad.” L said breaking the silence

 

“J. I thought you didn’t wanted to come.” An agent said surprised when he saw J and L walking in.

“I’m here for my brother. He’s also in charge of this case.”J said and the agent looked at L

“So you are Dr. K’s youngest son L.“ The agent said and L smiled a little

“Nice to meet you.” L said and the agent nodded.

“Wait here for a moment. I get the stuff you need.” The agent said and walked away leaving the two brothers behind.

“Have you seen dad’s body?” L asked and J was silence for a moment.

He turned away not dare to face him.

“I’m the one who found him.” J spoke out and L became silence.

“I’m back.” The agent said and came back with an laptop

"Your father's body is in this locker and he was actually decapitated. Would you like to see the body?" The agent questioned L

Just as L was about to go, J stopped him.
L looked to his brother, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.
But L quickly eased his expression when he could see the pain glaring off in J's eyes.

"Everything you need to know is in this laptop," the agent told L.

"Let's just go home," J breathed out, not even caring how cold he was acting towards his brother. 
L looked at his brother's lonely back, following along a few feet behind him.

 

Once the two brother's reached the apartment, J typed in the code: 0313.
 The younger looked to the code and then to his brother, but J just ignored the gaze and walked straight into his apartment.

"Dad bought this apartment after the case involving mom was closed," J blurted out, not bothering to turn around to face his brother.

L looked around the apartment. Family pictures were hung everywhere, with his mother emphasized in every single picture.

"0313. Your birthday," J began to ramble again.
 "Every day, he longed to see you. Every day, he asked when you would come back," J choked out, walking up to a mahogany desk.

Opening up a drawer, J removed a battered diary, carefully handing it to L.
 The younger eyed the diary curiously, but soon turned his attention to his older brother.

"Everything you need to know is in that laptop or in this diary," J stated, pointing to each object.
 L just nodded, but blurted out a question that had been racing through his mind for the past few hours.

"What's going to happen to the company?"

J paused for a second before answering, "I'm going to take his place until you finish with his case."

"So what's going to happen after I finish the case?" L asked

"It's your choice. I don't have the talent for it like you," J replied, walking out slowly.

 

Dr. K was working late at night in the company.
He promised his son J Kim to come back home with the driver after he finished his work, 
but his son didn’t found him at home the next morning.
Later that day has peoples found the driver fainted in his car without DR. K.
Right after they called the police an mysterious man appeared in the KK Agency with a letter. 
In the letter was found an address and Dr.K was founded decapitated on the floor.

L scanned between the pictures and closed his eyes when the picture of his dad appeared. 
He closed the laptop and took a deep breath. 
Just when L was about to open the laptop again thunder rumbling outside.
He slowly walked towards the window, he looked to see rain was pelting down, blurring everything in sight.
He sighed again about to close the curtain, but suddenly a sight grabbed his attention. 
He looking closely and saw a figure, leaning against a tree. 
Squinting hard, he noticed that it was a human girl. 
Grabbing an umbrella, L quickly rushed outside, catching the girl just as she collapsed from exhaustion.

Shaking her slightly, L yelled out, "Hey, Are you alright? Hey girl, wake up!"

L felt her forehead and was shocked about how hot her forehead was. 
He hold her bridal style and ran the house in. 
He put her in his bed and ran the kitchen in for a moist towel.

 

J was starring in space until he heard someone knocking on the door. 

May I come in? Yoona, formal assistant of Dr. K asked and he smiled a little

Of course you can. J said and Yoona walked to his desk.

I heard your brother came. Yoona said and he nodded a little

He just arrived this morning. J said and Yoona walked next to him

You should be happy. This is the first time in years that he came back. Yoona said and J smiled a little.

He only came at the wrong time. I can’t act happy even if I want to. J said and Yoona looked a bit down.

I’m sorry Yoona. I didn’t meant to...J said, but Yoona shook her head.

I’m fine, I was just thinking that we have to work now. That’s the best thing to do now don’t you think? Yoona said and the telephone start to ring.

J smiled and nodded

You are right. Let’s go back to work. J said and pick up the phone

 

L took the moist towel off of the girl's forehead. 
She was still unconscious, shivering in her sleep. 
She occupied L's bed as he repeatedly touched her forehead to check the temperature.

"It's still hot," he muttered out, changing the towel for the fifth time.

Knowing the girl wasn't going to wake up anytime soon, L sighed. 
He wanted to at least use his time wisely so he reached over to grab his dad's diary from the bedside table. 
Looking over at the girl to see she was still deep in sleep, he opened the diary up, slowly reading the first page.

 

Yoona hung up the phone, dialing another number. Before the person on the other line could give a greeting, Yoona interjected, stating, "Detective Key? It's your turn. I already sent the address to you."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter