Kim Kibum's: The Case of Kim Bum

Detective L and the Secret Behind the Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

J, L, Yoona and Suzy were now standing in the office of Team 4: The Bum Team. The 3 Kibums were standing in front of J with heads bowed down in shame.

"Number 1, come out." J ordered angrily as Kibum Number 1 stepped forward.

"I'm Number 1. Kim. Ki. Bum from Team 4," Kibum announced.

"You're the oldest right?" J asked

 

"Yes sir, I'm the oldest," Kibum answered softly.

"Then explain to me how the oldest member lost his team leader," J demanded, eyes burning in rage. "Tell me!" he emphasized, banging his fist on the nearby desk.

Kibum flinched and mumbled out, "I'm really sorry," while giving a 90 degree bow.

J sighed in exasperation and questioned, "When was the last time you saw Number 4?"

 

2 days ago; 22:00; in the office

"Ah, I'm tired." Kibum (1) sighed out, leaning back on his chair.

Kim Bum looked up at the oldest and chuckled.

"But Hyung," Kibum (2) interrupted. "You didn't even have a mission. Why're you tired?"

"That's the reason I'm tired," Kibum (1) complained. "Key gets mission after mission even though he's the youngest. I'm the oldest, so shouldn't I get chosen?"

"It's because you nag too much," Kim Bum teased, making the older shoot him a glare. "Hyung, you shouldn't glare at me. You might be older, but I'm the leader, remember?"

Kibum (1) looked away angrily, but his expression softened slightly when his phone went off. Pressing the answer key, he pushed the phone to his ear.

"Hello?"

The office was silent as Kibum (1) intently listened to the voice on the other side of the phone. After answering with a short, "I got it," he hung up, smiling in glee.

Looking towards his fellow teammates, Kibum (1) shouted, "I got a mission!"

"Congratulations, Hyung," Kibum (2) sincerely grinned at his coworker. The happy atmosphere soon turned fairly awkward when Kim Bum gave out a sarcastic laugh.

"What's so funny?" Kibum (1) asked, furrowing his brows at the leader.

"No, it's nothing. Just don't mess anything up, got it?" Kim Bum taunted, giving Kibum a smirk.

"Yeah, yeah," Kibum (1) responded, taking a hold of the jacket hung over his chair and slipping it on. "See you guys tomorrow," he waved off, taking his leave.

 

 

"That was the last time I saw him," Kibum replayed, twiddling his thumbs because his superior's unreadable expression.

J sighed loudly, grumbling out, "I got it. Just go back to your former position," J commanded, giving a small waving gesture with his hand. Kibum bowed and stepped back immediately.

"Number 2!"

"Yes!" Kibum squeaked out, stepping out more timidly than his elder. "I'm Number 2. Kim. Ki. Bum from Team 4."

"Continue with his story," J demanded.

"Yes sir," Kibum responded softly. "That day..."

 

 

"Bye, hyung!" Kibum (2) yelled out before the older shut the door.

Kim Bum rolled his chair to his coworker's desk and asked, "Should I just give the leader position to him?"

"No, you can't!" Kibum (2) yelled out of shock.

"Why?" Kim Bum whined, getting sick of of the stress that came attached with leading their team.

"We would all die. You know he's not really the leader type," Kibum (2) responded, getting a small nod as a response from his leader.

 

 

"And what if I give you the leader's position?" Kim Bum asked

"Me?" Kibum (2) asked, staring with utmost confusion.

Kim Bum nodded as the subordinate thought to himself for a second.

"I don't think I'd be a good leader," Kibum (2) finally voiced out.

"No, I think you'd be the best choice," Kim Bum playfully smirked.

"Don't say that, Hyung. You're the leader and you always will be," Kibum (2) responded confidently, making the latter give a small smile.

"Thank you.. But working as a detective really can be dangerous. You're new, so you haven't had missions with extremely high difficult levels like me or the other two Kibum's. Like, do you remember that mission last year when I found out the murderer's trick and he came so close to killing me?" he asked, earning a nod in response.

"You were in the hospital for like 2 weeks. I wasn't sure whether you would make it or not," Kibum (2) answered honestly.

"That's why I want to tell you now; if something ever happens to me, I want Kibum to be the new leader," Kim Bum admitted.

"By Kibum, do you mean by me or Kibum (1) hyung?" Kibum furrowed his brow in confusion.

"I don't know. Maybe I'm talking about Key," Kim Bum teased, picking up his back and placing his over his shoulder.

With a final wave, he muttered, "Bye," and walked out the office.

"Wait, Hyung!" Kibum (2) yelled, grabbing his bag and following along. "Tell me, please! I want to know!"

 

 

Yesterday; 19:00

"I haven't seen Kibum Hyung yet," Kim Bum looked to Kibum (2)

"He's in Busan for his mission," Kibum (2) answered, without sparing the leader a glance.

Kim Bum noticed, but didn't question it. He casually walked up to his desk and asked, "Still solving the closed room case?"

Kibum subtly nodded, focusing all of his attention on the dossiers laid in front of him.

Kim Bum grabbed the documents, making the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter