555

Detective L and the Secret Behind the Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

L took the diary, flipping through the pages to find the entry of May 5, 2005.

 

5th of May, 2005

I gave the most recent clue I found to Kim Bum and he tried searching up the address on his laptop. But it was of no use. Before he could finish, the laptop started flashing, making strange noises. I knew it was that man that did this.

Seulna came running into the office, yelling that the computers all over the company were going crazy. I ran out of the office to see she was right. But it wasn't just the computers; every machine was malfunctioning and the electricity started short circuiting.

I yelled at the top of my lungs for everyone to get out. While I was following everyone out, I noticed someone in all black, holding a laptop and walking in the other direction.

I raised my voice at the man and he started running. Without even thinking, I chased after him, following him all the way up to the roof of the building. With the two of us alone, he took off his mask, revealing his face and it was exactly who I was expecting.

He smirked at me, telling me this wasn't the end of his revenge. He would continue this in another life. And without warning, he threw himself and his laptop off the roof.

I never expected, however, for there to be a bomb placed inside the laptop. All traces of his existence vanished that day, along with his laptop.

 

 

L looked up and started searching on his computer. He typed into the search bar anything that could relate to the incident. Scrolling through, he found an article titled: Genius Hacker Jumps to Death.

L clicked on it and started reading through the page.

 

Genius hacker, Choi, jumped off of the rooftop of the biggest detective agency in the country on the May 5, 2005. His laptop computer had a bomb inserted into it, blowing up the owner along with parts of the building.

The motive for the crime has been found to be a case of revenge. Choi's mother was killed in a car accident, but the suspect was found to be not guilty through the detective company's evidence. The genius hacker was fifteen years old at the time, but insisted to the judge that the suspect was guilty. The company, however, thought differently and released the suspect. The fifteen year old caused a scene, shouting out that he would get revenge.

Not being taken seriously, the company was surprised when 17 years later, the hacker came back, ruining all missions of the company. With his destruction of the building, the detective company has lost valuable data in their computer systems.

In relating news, Choi's two children are being sent to an orphanage.

 

 

L leaned back in his chair and sighed deeply.

"So that's ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter