* The comeback of Detective L

Detective L and the Secret Behind the Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “The sound came from inside! Hurry up!”

That was the thing that L heard on the way home. A screaming voice and two police agents with an other man running the house in. L thought for a moment before running in too.  Normal people will wait outside or running away, but not for him. 

"Leave the rest to us."  L saw a male agent say while keeping a woman away from the room.

"Who are you?" The woman asked when L came closer

L ignored her and looked in the room seeing fast an woman lying on the ground.

"Hey kid would you please... The male agent said, but then L walked the room in. "Hey! Wait!" He yelled, but L was already inside coming near to the woman.

"Hey kid! Stay away from her!" The female agent yelled, but L ignored her

"It’s too late. She’s dead..." L said after he felt her pulse.

"How could this happen?" The woman outside the door cried and fell down on the floor

"Back off! This is not a place for children! Leave the rest to us." The man said after he pulled L by his arm. 

He push L farther away from the body and the man start to scan the woman’s body.

"Detective Im. Do you know the reason of her death?" The female agent asked

L looked back to the man after he heard his name. Detective Im was a famous detective in this neighborhood. Even thought he has a 56% chance of failure. He was still one of the best detective from this neighborhood.

Even thought it’s better to let the investigation team come first, but the reason of his death could highly be from a heart failure. Detective Im said and the agents nodded.

"It’s not a heart failure." L said calmly and everyone looked at him.

"What do you say?" Detective Im asked

"I said it’s not a heart failure." L said calmly again and turned fully at him

"Didn’t I told you to leave? I’m a detective and I know what I... "

"Don’t you see that injection there." L cut detective Im off and everyone began to look.

"There really is here on her arm." The male agent said while pointing on the body’s arm.

"With the right combination you can fake a heart failure easily without anyone to notice." L said and the detective was silence for a moment.

"I got it. Leave the rest to us now." The detective said and L smirked and start to analyze the room

The woman who was still standing outside the room was about 20 years old. She had long brown hair that she put in a ponytail. She wore glasses and was wearing a simple white shirt with a long black skirt. Even thought she was crying, L had to admit that she was actually really pretty. Then there was the dead body on the floor. The woman was about the same age as the woman outside. She had middle long blond hair with an red hairband. She was wearing shoes that was too big to be her size and had a bit similar clothing style as the woman outside. And as last detective Im. Who was now standing in front of him. A fat man in his thirties. He was wearing a long Grey coat and a cap. Looks like he was trying to imitate sherlock holmes.

"Hey kid! Detective Im is right.
You don't belong here. 
Why don't you just go home and leave the rest to us will you? " The male agent said while walking a bit closer to l and the body.

L ignored the agent and looked to the female who was still standing outside the room

"What's your name?" L asked and the female turned to him.

"I... am Taeyeon... Kim Taeyeon" The female answered sniffing while wiping her tears away.

Not that it really helped, because new tears flowed faster than she could wipe away..

"Well Miss Taeyeon. Can you tell me what actually happened and the relationship between you and the victim?" L asked after standing up.

"She's... my best friend. Her name... is Jung Jessica." Taeyeon started trying to calm herself down. 

L gave a small nod to show her that she can continue. 
She took a deep breath and tried not to look at her friend. 
When she finally became calmer she continue her story.

"I... Was cooking in the kitchen when I heard weird noises out of her room. 
At first I thought she was watching some weird videos on the internet, 
but... I found out fast enough that it was her voice who came out from her room. 
She really hates when someone walk inside her room without her permission or with shoes on. 
Even thought we are friends and live with each other. I still have to wear slippers. 
That's why I took of my shoes first before I knocked on her door. 
But weird enough, there wasn't any sound coming out and the door was locked. 
That's why I decided to take the spare key to open the door, but then..." Taeyeon stopped talking and started to cry again.

"That's enough!" Detective Im yelled and took L by his arm. 
"Who do you think you are?!
 I want you to leave right now!" He yelled and pointed at the door.

"If you have enough time to care about me. 
Why don't you use that time to look at the dead body." L said calmly and pulled his arm back.

“The investigation team are on their way. 
Until then we can’t touch anything or do anything, so everyone has to move out.” The female agent said and L looked at her.

“Didn’t you heard what I said?
 From the injection in her arm. 
She got murdered and someone is trying to cover that. ” L said while crossing his arms

“It's just a reasoning. Nothing is sure.“ Detective Im said and L looked at him

“No. I’m 100% sure.” L said and detective Im start to think

“But the door was locked. Does that mean...!” Taeyeon yelled surprised.

“No. It's not suicide.” Detective Im cut her off. 
“If it was suicide, then the way how she's lying is really weird. 
Someone poisoned her without her notice. 
Maybe because the poison need some time for the effect, 
so the voice that you heard from your friend was the time when the effect of the poison got started.”

“But how is it possible?” The room was locked. Taeyeon said confused

“That's something we have to figure out. Detective Im said and walked to the center of the room. Because this is a...”

“Closed room murder.” L and detective Im said at the same time.

Detective Im looked at L and smiled a little.

“Not bad little kid.” Detective Im said and L smiled a little back.

On that moment three men walked in.

“The investigation team has arrived. Where should we begin?” One of them spoke and the two agents looked at each other.

“Detective Im. You can give the order.” The female agent said polite and detective Im nodded.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter