Couples Special 6. Kyo Jin and Jinki

✰ELiTE || ✰엘리트 || YG Entertainment (Story Starting)

Kyo Jin has caught the flu.

Amidst the wintery season, some contagion had spread into her system and had managed to taint her insides with bacteria and a notion to cough and sneeze.  Her stomach hurt from the amounts of mucus she was coughing up and her head pounded from the littlest bits of light shed. She felt her eyes flutter close involuntarily to keep her skull from shattering in half. Her hair was distraughtly disheveled as was her visage; there were streaks of dry snot hanging around the edges of her nostrils and hung open, seeing as her nose was too congested to rely on to breathe.

She was ugly.. at this point, at least.

So that's why when Anna came knocking upon her door, notifying Kyo Jin of Onew's visit, the former instantly shot up from bed, protesting every part of his presence. She looked around with alarmed eyes, her frenetic fingers trying their best to ease out the knots that had made a home in the nest of her wispy dark hair. "Andwae, andwae," she kept repeating to herself as she bustled about the small perimeter of her shared room; she picked up balls of Kleenex tissues off the floor and picked up the stray articles of blankets and clothing that were strewn about, throwing on a cuter-looking sweater. "How could you invite him in without notifying me?" she whined, shortly seeing Anna roll her eyes.

The latter scoffed, waving her hand erratically at her melodramatic junior. "He showed up unexpected; it wasn't like I was just going to shut the door in his face just to have you doll yourself up."
"But unnie! --"

"Ah, Kyo Jin-ah!"

"No, don't look at me!" She made a series of cartoon noises, fake crying noises that resonated through Onew's ears humorously; he released a chuckle, setting down the bucket of chicken he had purchased to share with Kyo Jin and made his way slowly over to her, slipping on his face mask. His arms tangled themselves around her shoulder as he pulled her into a reassuring embrace, his masculine scene of pine trees (with a hint of fried chicken) wafting into her nostrils, bringing her instantaneous ebbs of peace.

"You're so cute," he cooed, pinching her cheeks with a charming smile. His eyes lifted into attractive moon-crescents, reflecting happiness and jeer into Kyo Jin's ill state. Onew's eyes lifted then as he returned back to the bedside table where he had dropped off his things. Looking into the plastic bags, Kyo Jin took note of the bucket of fried chicken and the pile of her favorite Disney movies laying in a heap in another bag. She blinked up at him questionably, eyebrows lifted with curiousity. "Oppa?"

He didn't reply, just smiled.

"You've been from work," she noted, rubbing her nose with the sleeve of her knitted sweater. She glances back at the necessities he had lugged around with him and watching his figure dance around her room, setting up the perfect stay-in date site. "Oppa, I'm sorry," she cooed, apologetically slumping her shoulder.
He looks back at her with a sincere grin, his eyebrows lifted with reassuring glee. "Don't say that," he chided her sweetly, "you have nothing to be sorry for."

"But you were working --"

"You just pick soething to watch," he told her firmly, yet gently. Rubbing her arm before planting a gentle kiss upon her forehead, he chuckles lowly, his husky breath coming out in wisps of minty air. "I'll go get some plates and ketchup for the chicken."
Kyo Jin remains glued to her spot, even after Onew leaves for the kitchen; she doesn't move until she hears clatter of ceramic plates being moved around, and the shuffling of his scruffy feet.

She grabs the nearest DVD on her bed and looks at it. Up.

She puts the DVD into the disc playerr, watching the screen load promptly. She can't remember the last time she's watched the comedic film, but she wasn't going to argue -- not against Onew, at least. Looking back at the pile of DVDs Onew brought, she was sure that it was his list of favorite movies -- not hers. There were actually two people she could think of that would visit her while she was down with the flu, bringing a bag full of Disney films with them -- that being Kwon Jiyong, Seungri, and Lee Jinki. But Jiyong and Seungri were in California doing an American tour concert, so it had to be Lee Jinki.

And honestly, Kyo Jin didn't even know how the man figured she was sick. 

Come to think of it, though, whether she was upset, sick, or injured, Onew would always know, whether she told him or not. It was like a sixth sense he had developed in the time of being with her -- inevitable actually, seeing as how Kyo Jin was accident prone and a walking hazard zone.

Though, it makes her happy to see him. She can't help but think about the amounts of time he's losing at work.. because of her.

She doesn't realize how long she's spent thinking about Onew until he returns with plates, utensils, packets of ketchup, and popcorn. He glances at the empty DVD case in her hand, a beam curving around his lips instantly. "Ah," he choruses cheerfully, sitting beside her, "I knew you'd choose a good one."

They're on the floor and the food is laid out before them, delectably waiting to be eaten. Almost immediately after she settles beside him, his arm curls around her, bringing her in to snuggle with him, despite her flu being contagious. 

"You didn't have to come," Kyo Jin whined one more time, watching the tv play the title screen.
Onew simply grins, murmuring earnestly, "It's okay," before pressing play. His hand snakes down to her waist, giving her a reassuring squeeze at her waist before his lips touch her temple. 

"I'm really sorry you had to miss work --"
"Hey, hey," he scolded jokingly, "the only work I had today was to make food for Taemin and Key, and I'm totally sure Jonghyun can handle that. So don't worry, alright?" he chuckled, fearlessly rubbing away the crusty stuff at her eyes. "Stop saying sorry already." There is a seriousness in his tone that makes Kyo Jin shamefully bow her head. "I wasn't forced to come here; it's not like Hannie dragged me down or anything. I came for you, voluntarily at that. And in my humble opinion, I came because I figured nobody would want to be around a sick, stuffy nosed girl like you besides me."

Kyo Jin frowns, despite knowing the teasing in his voice. His hand laces with hers as he uses his other hand to cup around her cheek. 

"Oppa," she drawls. "You --"

"I'm joking, baby," he whispers, lips gracing her nose. "I wanted to come to care for you and help you get better. Plus work is nothing compared to you and Up. We can spend some lost time like this together, too, you see?"
She giggles shyly, leaning her head upon her shoulder, hiding her grazing blush with the locks of her long hair. "Thanks, oppa."

"Anything for you, sweetie."