Birth of a Family

✰ELiTE || ✰엘리트 || YG Entertainment (Story Starting)

Fatigue. Exhaustion. Exasperation.

"Sweet Jesus, can I get some food in my stomach, please?!"
"Shut up, Hannie; it's 2 AM, what shop is still open to sell us food?!"
"Can you cook me something, then?!"

Still, as they shuffled through the doors leading into their dormitories, their ears still buzzed. The cheers echoed through their eardrums, fresh in their brains; the cries sounded, swirling around in the faint memory of this past night; the waves of the hands, the raving glow-sticks -- absolutely enticing. The seven girls stumbled into the living area, slumping their weakened bodies onto the couches and loveseats; some were even on the floor, savoring the cool feeling of the hardwood grounds chilling their dampened, warm limbs.

"I'm so tired!"
"You complain like you're the only one that's tired!"
"Shut up!"
"Don't talk to me like that! I'm your unnie!"
"Like Hell you are..."

Despite the negativity radiating from the two bickering members, they were still smiles and cheer. Their minds racked and swiveled at the memory of the concert. A series of sighs escaped multiple lips as a few members recalled the vague fan chants.

They were on the brink of sleep, murmuring sweet 'good-nights' to one another, readying themselves for bed, when their front door slammed open, revealing five happy sunbae's. Their faces were visible with smiles glued onto their picturesque visage, mirroring the expressions of the seven dazed females before them. Hugging, wrapping their arms tightly around the girls, the five men could only congratulate them a hundred times before pulling away from the tight bear hugs.

"Congratulations!" Taeyang especially, smiled brightly at the members, clasping his hands together happily. "We came here to inform you that Abeoji is very proud of you guys."
"You guys made an amazing debut," Jiyong complimented, nodding briefly.
"But the work load isn't finished," Seungri chimed in, smirking pitifully at the eye-bags curving around the girls' eyes.

Vivien blinked, shrugging as her members shared glances with one another. "What is it?" she inquired curiously, cocking a probing brow at her elders.
"You're going to show up on Strong Heart in about a week's time," Daesung commented. 
"You'll be appearing with us," TOP replied in addition, "along with some other artists."
"Already?" Anna inquired. "Isn't this a bit overwhelming? We're having three concerts, three nights in a row, plus additional late-night practices."

Jiyong only shrugged, patting each girl on the head. "Welcome to the family."

Hannie pouted, rotating her jaw impatiently. "Great," she scoffed. Looking around, her hands crawled up under her shirt to scratch her empty stomach. "So about that food," she muttered, waving to the Big Bang members that strolled out their door, "who's cooking?"
Haebyeol cleared , shoving the maknae out of her way and away from the fridge. "I'll cook something quick for you guys. Just go wait in the living room."

"Ah, we still haven't even worked out who's rooming with who," Kyo Jin remarked wistfully. "It's our first night in the dorm.. eottoke..?"
Kisa scoffed. "As long as I'm not roomed with someone who snores, I'm a-okay."
"Amen," Hannie laughed boyishly, shooting Kisa a high-five.

However, Hannie's radiant beam was replaced with a look of realization, which soon fell into a scowl. The realization hit her hard and her eyes travelled briskly to her suitcase that lied idly in the corner on its lonesome. She counted the doors in the hallway, and her expression deepened even further into one of scorn. Her lips pulled back into a grimace as she scrunched up her nose and stomped to her suitcase.
She lugged herself over to the front of the living room, blocking the view of the tv from the five members gathered around. "I'm getting my own room," Hannie announced bitterly.
Anna and Ava straightened their backs. "What do you mean?" Anna inquired, her eyebrows knitting together with puzzlement. "You can't just decide --"
"I'm the maknae, I get special treatment!"
"Hannie!" Ava scolded.

The youngster simply shook her head, frowning. "I'm calling the smallest room, just so it'll be easier for you all. I'm rooming by myself."

Haebyeol, who had walked in from the kitchen holding a large pot of instant ramyun sighed. Her lips tightened into a straight line as she pursed them thoughtfully. "She's not going to let up," Haebyeol replied stiffly to the other members. Six different expressions and pairs of eyes bored into Hannie; they varied from looks of confusion to looks of disdain to that of disapproval.
Anna got up suddenly, taking note of her leader position. She walked over to Hannie, and tried to take her luggage, only to have it yanked back. In return, Anna received a hard glare from the younger and a tight grunt. "I'm only trying to help --"
"Don't touch my stuff," Hannie objected. "Who gave you the right to try to touch my things without permission?" Before Anna could reply, Hannie continued, "Is that how your umma taught you to treat others? To freely touch their belongings?"
"Hannie! --"
"Andwae," the maknae interjected.

She looked away, averting her gaze elsewhere and exited the living room without another word or glance to the members; and away into the farthest room down the hall she went, making sure to slam the door along with her. Anna shut her eyes, muttering incoherent profanities under her breath. Ava and Kisa only scoffed. "Bipolar?" Kisa retorted rudely.
"Wonder why she got touchy all of a sudden," Kyo Jin murmured softly. "She was fine a moment ago." Kyo Jin and Vivien shared a brief glance before both members ended up shrugging.

"She's hiding something, that's why," Haebyeol remarked matter-of-factly. "Leave her alone; we all have our share of privacy. As long as us six can agree on our own room mates, we should be just fine."
"Let's cheer up! We can start off our night with movie night!" Vivien remarked cheerfully. She glanced around, blinking her wide, doe-like eyes up at her collective members. "Don't tell me you guys were planning to just sleep!"

"That's exactly what we were planning to do," Kisa answered, rolling her dark eyes.

 

Hannie sighed softly, scratching her head. "Damn it," she muttered, shoving her clothes into the empty dresser. "Good going, ," she murmured to herself. She threw her suitcase to the side, plopping her small frame onto the bed; staring up at her ceiling, her hands crawled under her bed. She bit her lip as her fingertips brushed past the several glass bottles, feeling their cool skin press up against her flesh. "Park Hannie, you are in some deep ."

 

 

"Annyeong haseyo, ELiTe imnida!"

Joyful cheers radiated throughout the spacious area, reflecting and bouncing off of the stadium's walls. The seven girls on stage smiled brightly, shining their grins off to the egging audience. "Thank you so much for coming out tonight to see us," Anna panted into her microphone. "On behalf of ELiTE, I want to thank all of our Superiors, our staff, managers, and stylists; I want to thank you all for allowing us to make this happen."
"And even though it's only our second concert," Vivien beamed, "we hope to come out with more and more. Let's help ELiTE make at least a hundred during their career!"
"Gamsahamnida!"

The shuffled backstage, clawing off their tight stage outfits and into sweats and jumpers, sighing with relief as they got their high heel boots off, replacing them with comfortable flats and slippers. Hannie rubbed her sore bare feet and pouted at the reddening blemishes appearing on her pale skin. "First time wearing heels?"
She glanced up find Anna with an ice pack in hand. Instantaneously, Hannie nodded, watching her leader rub her swollen foot down with the cooling gel and bag of ice. "Keep it on there for a few. We'll be leaving in ten minutes, so don't forget to pack up," Anna ordered softly, casting her younger a pitiful glance. In the back, Hannie caught sight of the other five collective girls twirling around in their chairs, giddy from the adrenaline that has yet to diminish.

"Thanks," Hannie muttered gently, averting her attention back to her blistered feet.
"You're okay, though?" Anna questioned worriedly, her eyebrows furrowing together. Hannie knew this just wasn't about her feet anymore. Anna's slender fingers patted Hannie's nodding head. "Good."
Before Anna could walk off to collect her belongings, Hannie sighed, shutting her eyes. Anna was halted, being pulled back slightly as Hannie's petite hand caught her wrist. Hannie bit her lip slightly, rolling her eyes and bobbing her shoulders stubbornly. "Thanks," she managed to blurt out, flushing slightly. Not once had she ever felt so humiliated by her own stubborness.

Anna smirked, nodding. "No problem."

"Unnie!" Kyo Jin came bouncing over, scratching her head. Anna's attention left Hannie and fell upon Kyo Jin's hand rubbing her stomach. "We're hungry."
Hannie patted Anna's back and nodding to the other girls, she stated, "I'm hungry, too. But I can't walk... so can you carry me?" Hannie's usually playful grin was detected once again, crawling onto her features like a skin lesion.
"Let's go get mandu."
"Where the heck are we going to find mandu?"
"But I want bulgogi!"

The seven girls beamed; Anna only shook her head. The fact that a majority of the seven were in their 20s humoured her to no end -- they were like 13 year olds trapped in older figures; and as leader, she was a mother, a father, and a role-model. But nevertheless, the bewildering information didn't faze ELiTE's trusty leader.

This is a family now; we have to be able to count on each other during times like these.

"But unnie! I want bibimbap!"