Ch. 9

Protectors

okay...........sdhjhkjhfkh sorry, just random things

------------------------------------------------

"The whisperer......." Shki's voice trailed of.

'Yup, that's what I said. So how's it going? You know, I've been meaning to talk to you for a long while.'

"Your in Chunji's-" Shiki was cut off.

'Head, I know.'

"That day, what happened?" he waited for an answer, but it never came. The maid came in and handed Shiki his drink.

"Shiki-san, are you all right? Who are you talking to?"

He closed his book and put it away, "Where's Chunji?"

"He said that he wont be having dinner with you, so he placed your dinner on the table and made dozens of dinner boxes for him." she glanced at the book that he just had.

"I see, thank you," she nodded her head then excused herself. Shiki looked back at the notebook, but then stood up and left his room.

-------------------------------------------------------

Chunji kicked Niel's door since his hands were full. Niel opened his door abruptly, "Who is..... Chunji? What are you doing here?"

"Let me in," Niel moved to the side so the other could come in. Chunji walked inside and placed the dinner boxes on the floor, "Tell the others to come to."

"I thought you weren't going to cook anything for anyone," Niel's tone of voice was mocking Chunji's words.

"Just bring the others," he went to do so, and Chunji placed the boxes in a certain way. Few minutes later, Niel brought everyone to his room.

"What happened," Changjo asked.

"Nothing," Chunji waved his hand signaling them to sit down, "We're having dinner, I thought I could make you guys some food, dont ask why I just felt like it."

They sat down in a circle and Chunji opened all the boxes. Niel stared in awe, "Wow, when di-... wait! Why are we doing this in my room?"

"Because," Chunji replied, "we cant do it in my room."

"And why not?"

"One, no one knows where it is, two, do you want to deal with Shi-"

"No thanks, I'm fine doing it here," he took a bite out of the rice, "so, did you have a fight with-"

"No, why do you keep saying that," Niel shrugged his shoulders.

"Are we gonna just eat and leave," Cap said while trying to rip a piece of the fish.

"We should tell scary ghost stories," Changjo requested.

L.joe smirked, "I'm not sure that these two can handle it," he glanced over at Niel and Chunji.

"Okay, for once I agree with L.joe. I'm too much of a wimp to hear them." Niel said defitnetly denying that idea.

Chunji glared at L.joe, "No way, we can handle it. Come on Niel!" he elbowed him.

"Great I'll start!" Changjo said while Niel's mouth dropped open. "Okay, this took place by a house near the river. A girl was driving to visit her grandparents but noticed that the car stopped in the middle of nowhere and she was out of fuel which was weird because she just got a full tank of gas. She got out and started walking till she could find some sort of way to contact some one. In those days, she couldnt afford a cellphone. She came across a river and stopped. When she stopped she heard footsteps. She looked back and hadnt realized that she was walking this long. The girl decided to follow the river and stumbled across a house. It was old and very dirty, it looked like the house could colapse any minute. But the lights were on and she could hear a very faint humming. She went up to the house and knocked on the door to see if the person inside the house would let her borrow their phone. But no one answered. She knocked again but louder, still no one answered. So she decided to open the door only to find it unlocked. She went inside and it was a very nice clean house. Then the humming got louder. 'Hello,' she said. 'Hello, is anyone there?' She walked around the house, and her eyes landed upon a picture. On the picture were two people, but their faces had been burned so she didnt know how they looked like. Then...... the humming got louder..... the girl started to panick, but before she could do anything, she felt someone breathing behind her."

Chunji and Niel both gulped, their apetite were gone. They kept staring at Changjo to finish the story, and he gladly continued, "But before she could even turn around, the person grabbed her neck and said, 'I was getting tired sitting in the backseat.'"

"OH MY GOD!!!! THAT PERSON WAS IN THE CAR WITH HER!!!!!!!!" Niel was holding onto Chunji's shoulder, digging his nails into him.

"N-Niel," Chunji looked at him, "that hurts you know."

"S-sorry," he let go of Chunji.

"Nah," Changjo grabbed another piece of meat, "it wasnt even that scary." L.joe agreed with him on that, "it's your turn Cap."

"I'll skip, I dont have a story to tell. You go ahead L.joe."

"Okay, one day an old man was living in this house. He lived alone, but his kids came to visit him once in a while. At night, around midnight, he heard his doorbell ring. He walked to the door and looked through the peephole. But no one was there. He turned around but the doorbell rang again. He looked through the peephole and saw no one again. He turned around and started walking but the doorbell rang again, but he ignored it. He thought that it was just a bunch of kids playing around. The next night around the same time, the doorbell rang. He walked up and looked through the peephole, still no one was there. The old man started to walk up to his room ignoring the other two doorbell rings. It rang three times that night too. That happened for one whole week. On the next night, again the doorbell rang, and the man was getting annoyed. It rang again and the man got up and walked straight to the door. His hand was on the door knob......" L.joe smirked.

Chunji leaned closer and Niel was holding on to Chunji again, "....then the doorbell rang again. He twisted the door knob and BOO!"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......." Chunji and Niel screamed their heads off. Cap plugged his ears with his fingers while Changjo and L.joe laughed.

"T-th-th-that was not funny!!!" Niel was trembling. 

Changjo caught his breathe, "Good one L.joe," he high-fived him.

"O-okay, my turn," Chunji said. 

Niel let go of Chunji and stared at him, "You have one?"

"Yea, and this kinda happened to me." Niel moved to his right more closer to Changjo and started to hold onto him, 'God please spare me this, no more stories.'

"Okay, well this happened when I was 12. I was cleaning the dishes when I heard Shiki-san coming home. I ran to the livingroom and......"

-Flashback-

"Shiki-san, your home!"

"Yes," Shiki was holding a small box.

"What's in that box?"

"Chunji, listen to me carefully. Do not touch or open this!" his voice sounded really serious.

He nodded his head, "O-okay." Shiki handed it to the maid which she placed it on top of a china cabinet.

During the day, Chunji was dusting the place. He grabbed a chair and placed it beside the cabinet. He stood on the chair and started dusting the top. But he accidently knocked the box down causing it to fall on the floor and opening it. Chunji went down and grabbed it. Inside was blood stains but nothing else. He closed it and placed it back on top not telling Shiki about anything.

At night, Chunji went to bed. He woke up in the middle of the night to hear some weird scratching noise. "What's is that?" He checked at all the places he could but found nothing. So he went back to bed. It happened again on the next night, again Chunji woke up and started looking. But he found nothing.

On the third night, the scratching was louder. Chunji got up and thought the noise came from his closet. The closet, he never checked there before. He slowly walked towards the door, his heartbeat increasing. He opened it and his eyes widen in horror, there stood a girl and every inch of her body was dripping with blood. You couldn't see her skin. Her eyes were big and staring down at him. Chunji screamed and ran out of his room. 

He ran into the kitchen, and stopped when he hit the sink. 'W-what was that?' He turned around and looked at the dark room. 

"Chunji?" a voice called out.

"Ahhhhhhhhh!" he turned around and saw that it was Shiki. "Sh-Shiki-san, what are doing h-here?" he didnt want to tell him anything.

"I should be asking you that. Go back to bed."

"But-but-"

"Go Chunji."

He slowly nodded his head and walked back to his room. He stood there, in front of the door. He was scared to open it, but he did anyway. The closet was still open but she was no longer there. Chunji stepped inside and took a few steps forward. He gasped when he saw her in the corner of the room. He blinked and she was gone. He was scared and was going to turn around and head out the door but he froze. He felt something dripping down the side of his cheek and felt heavy breathing down his neck. He flinched when he felt something grip his shoulder. And did the dumbest thing in the whole world. He turned around. But it was good that he did because she was gone. He turned back around and she was in the closet, the door was slowly closing it shut.

-End Flashback-

Niel stared at him in horror, the others were staring at him too.

"Sh-She was behind you...." NIel mumbled.

"Th-that happened to you," Changjo asked. Chunji nodded.

"So what happened next," Cap was intrested.

"Well," he continued, "I ran out the room, never again did I open that closet and asked Shiki-san if I could change rooms and burn all the things that were in my old room."

"What did Shiki-san say," L.joe asked.

"He sighed and said, 'I told you not to open the box.'"

Niel's eyes widen, "Wait, did she have a ring on one of her fingers?"

Chunji was shocked, "Y-yea, how did you......"

"Oh my god!!!" Niel's hands were on his face.

"Wh-what," Changjo was beginning to get scared.

"I-I remember that one day, I was assigned a mission with this guy. But on that day he never showed up. I went t-to his room, and since I was angry I didnt bother knocking. I barged in only to find it empty. I was so angry that I was going to mess up his room. I t-turned around and outside of his window, a g-girl stood there. She was floating, and like Chunji said, she was covered in blood so you could'nt see her skin. Her hands were on the window, and I rubbed my eyes cuz I thought I was seeing things. When I opened them, she was gone and I was relieved. But then I turned around and-and..."

"What-what happened," Changjo started to shake, and so did Chunji. The other two were intrested.

"I turned around and....I felt something grab my leg. I-I-i looked down and saw her under the bed her hand was grabbing my leg. That's when I saw a ring, and I thought she was gonna pull me under so i did the first thing that popped in my mind. I screamed, shook her hand off and ran out. I never went in there again ever!"

"O-oh," Chunji said, and he and Niel looked behind them and noticed that the bed was right behind them. They immediately ran to the other side of the circle.

"Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Chunji, would mind sl-sl-sl-sl-sleeping in my room tonight." Niel held onto Chunji.

"S-s-s-s-sure, I'm too scared to walk back to my room, it's way too far."

"Wait, not my room, in Changjo's."

"I-I dont mind, I was gonna j-join you guys cuz I'm way too scared to go to my room alone, wait not my room. In C-Cap's room, the curtains arent up yet and its under the bed so yea."

Cap laughed, "Sure why not."

"Good," Niel felt safe, "I'll grab extra pillows and blankets just in case it's in the clo....Ch-Chunji, go open the closet."

"What, no way!" he shook his head back and forth.

"B-but, you know how it already feels to find something scary in there."

"It's okay Niel," Cap said, "I got extras, we'll all sleep on the floor. Right L.joe, your coming to." He glared at L.joe, he wanted him to be there, he knew he wouldn't be able to handle them if they got to scared.

L.joe sighed, "Fine."

When they got to Cap's room, he laid out all the blankets and pillows. "Okay, I'll sleep on this end, L.joe will sleep on the other end."

"I call middle," Changjo already claimed the spot and laid there. Niel was next to Cap which he had no problem with because he couldnt stand sleeping next to L.joe. And of course, Chunji ended up next to L.joe. Changjo was fast asleep, but Niel whimpered at the dark when Cap switched the light off and laid down next to Niel. He saw the younger terrified, and pulled him into an embrace. Niel gasped and turned red.

"It's okay, you can sleep. I'll be right here," Cap whispered soothing words to him and it helped. Niel relaxed and closed his eyes, and it didnt take long for them to fall fast asleep. But Chunji on the other side couldn't fall asleep.

He looked over at Changjo who was sleeping peacefully. He turned his head and saw L.joe, with his eyes closed. "L.joe," he whispered, "are you asleep?"

L.joe sighed, "No, but go to sleep."

"B-but I'm scared."

"I dont care, go to sleep." Chunji was getting more scared, 'I wish I was with Shiki-san!' L.joe sighed again, "Damn you, what do you do when you sleep with him," his eyes were open and glaring the scared boy.

"I-I get very close to him and he wraps his arms around me."

L.joe did exactly what he said, he wrapped his arms around Chunji hugging him tight, "Now go to sleep."

Chunji's face turned deeply red, "W-what are you..."

"Go to sleep or I'll kiss you..hard," he heard Chunji yelp and L.joe couldnt help but smirk. Chunji nuzzled against his chest and closed his eyes, feeling the warm heat out of the other. 

--------------------------------------------------

Shiki sat on his bed, grabbing the notebook and flipped it to the page where the whisperer wrote. Nothing happened though. Shiki couldnt help but stare. That day, it was still on his mind. He couldnt help, but remember exactly what happened....again.

-------------------------------------------------------

ok, i am done with this chapter

and if you remember the name again, thatll be halpful

well.......enjoy

:)