Ch. 7

Protectors

ok, next chapter......... and I would really like for you guys to help me think of a name for the maid

----------------------------------------

Chunji went to Niel's room and knocked on the door. Niel opened it, he was ready for this, "Hey Chunji," he stepped outside and closed the door.

"Where are those two?"

"Shiki-san told them to head out already."

"Oh.." he tensed up a bit when he heard Shiki's name.

"Did he say anything else, you know, anything for heads up."

"..."

"Chunji?" 

"No, come on, lets go," Niel could tell that something was wrong, especially since that long pause.

"You okay Chunji?" he didnt reply, he just kept walking.

--------------------------------------------

They headed straight to the forest, "Chunji........."

He looked at him, "Yea...."

Niel didnt know what to say exactly, all he did was stare back. Chunji was waiting for a reply but noticed he wasn't going to say anything, "NIel? What do you want to say?"

"Umm.... well, I was wondering if you... you know... had a .....him."

"What?" Chunji didnt understand what he was saying.

"I said, i was wondering if you......" Niel had a hard time saying it without getting him mad.

Chunji was getting impatient, "Just say it!"

"Okay, I was wondering if you had a fight with him, you know, with Shiki-san," Niel saw him turn away and kept walking, "I mean come on, I dont want any of us getting hurt because of it," he tried to catch up with him but tripped on a rock, "Ow!"

Chunji turned and helped him up, "It's nothing Niel, I promise."

He patted himself off and looked up at him, "I hope so, but if you want to talk about it I-"

"Lets go Niel, we are wasting time," he dragged him along trying to avoid this topic.

----------------------------------------------

"Shiki-san, they started to attack, and team 2 needs backup," the maid walked in and handed Shiki a dagger.

"Thank you, and will you order the backup to head out."

"Yes sir," she was about to head out until she turned around, "Um sir..... are you going to go now?'

"Yes, Chunji is already out there, so I cant risk leaving him alone any longer."

"Do you know where....he...is?"

"No, but if I dont go and start looking...... I'm pretty sure he's expecting me sonner or later."

"Do you.....need anything else?" Shiki shook his head and signaled for her to leave while he headed outside.

He was running through the woods trying to avoid anyone that'll be in his way, "Now, where are you?"

---------------------------------------------------

Cap and L.joe were in the far north of the woods, waiting for anyone to start attacking. L.joe sat beside a tree and sighed, "This is pretty boring, I rather be out there where they are actually attacking, and not here waiting to be attacked."

"Be patient L.joe, sooner ot later they'll eventually find this place. Besides, it's not so bad," Cap was walking back and forth, and even though he said that, he was actually pretty bored too.

L.joe turned to look at him, "How do you think they are doing?"

"I dont know, but I hope they're okay," Cap was starting to worry, and L.joe could see that.

"Calm down, we have a way to contact them," he was right, they still had the cellphone Shiki gave them. "So, tell me.... did you him yet?"

"What?" Cap gave him a look.

"So you didn't, well that's new."

"What about you, I bet you still havent even laid a finger on him."

L.joe laughed, "Oh I have, but I havent ed him yet."

He shook his head, "Well, I'm not like you. I plan to take it slow, and I actually like him, he's entertaining."

L.joe raised an eyebrow, "Whatever, just make sure he likes you back." They didn't say anything after that, they just sat there waiting for something to happen.

--------------------------------------------------------

Niel and Chunji kept walking, they could hear the fighing that was going on, "Hey Chunji, how do you think those two are doing?"

"I'm not sure, why?"

Niel just shrugged his shoulder, "I'm just trying to start a conversation, I'm kinda bored, just walking around."

Chunji agreed, "Yea, it is pretty boring," they kept walking until Chunji stopped, "hey, do you smell that?"

"Yea, what is it?" they started to walk towards that smell. "I think it's coming from here."

"But there's nothing here, just trees. What is that? It stinks!!!" Chunji pinched his nose, trying to keep his nose from smellling it.

Niel did the same, "I dont know but we-AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

"Niel!" Chunji turned around and his eyes widen.

Niel sighed, "Well, at least we know where the smell came from," there was a deep hole dug up, and in it was some goo which obviously stink, "just help me up!!!"

Chunji bent down and looked in the hole, Niel was sitting there, irritated, "Okay fine, but its going to take some time to make the rope."

"Whatever, just hurry up!" he got up trying to take some goo off him which wasnt working very well, "Ugh, damn!"

Chunji climbed up the trees and ripped some vines off, he then tied each of them together to make it longer and made sure that it had a firm grip to hold onto. It took him a few minutes and Niel was starting to get irritated again, "Chunji! Hurry up!"

"Niel, stop yelling. I just finished okay," he threw the rope down and Niel grabbed it, "You start climbing and I'll pull." Niel nodded his head, but it didn't matter, Chunji couldnt see. Niel started to climb up and the other started pulling. When he was finally out of the hole, they both collapsed on the ground, "Niel, you're heavy."

"Shut up Chunji," they were both panting hard, trying to catch their breathe. 

"You know," Chunji got up and went over to Niel to help him up, "I should've just tied the rope to a tree, that would've been a lot better."

"Yea well, I cant believe I fell for a trap. Come on, lets head to the river, I want to wash up."

Chunji waved his hand in front of him, "I agree, you really stink."

It took them about 15 minutes and on their way they saw a lot of blood, "You know," Niel jumped in the river to wash himself, "I surprised that no one found us."

"Yea. I guess, we're just lucky!"

"I guess."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Shiki looked everywhere, but he couldn't find him. He started to panick in the inside, "God I hope you're okay Chunji." He froze when he heard a laughter, and his blood began to boil. He knew exactly who that voice belongs to.

"It's always about that kid huh? Chunji, Chunji, Chunji......." he came out of the shadows.

"Ryu....." Shiki's eyes started to glow red.

"How did you know it was me? I made sure so that no one will find out." he had a huge grin on his face.

"I suspected a long time ago that you're up to no good," his voice started to change too.

"What was i thinking, it's you we're talking about. You can find out anything in a blink of an eye."

"I thought I could trust as a friend."

Ryu started to laugh, "But I guess not right? You're just lucky that I havent found him yet. Instead it was you."

Black and red colors started coming out of Shiki, kind of like smoke but clearer. "You better stay away from him."

Ryu's eyes turned green, "I cant do that, I've been ordered to kill him and I wont leave until I do."  Ryu took one step and the whole area turned black.

-----------------------------------------------

L.joe and Cap started to fall asleep but got startled when they heard noises in the trees. They both stood up, "You hear that?" Cap asked.

"Yea," they both drew out their weapons. L.joe turned around, only to find someone jump on him. "Ugh," the unknwon person knocked the weapon out of his hand causing its own to get knocked out. 

"L.joe!" Cap yelled, he was going to hit the guy but stopped, when he realized the guy looked familiar. The guy knocked L.joe down but L.joe was stronger so he pushed him off and pinned him down. 

He was going to punch this guy's face but stopped in midair when he realized who it was, "Changjo?"

Changjo looked up and his eyes widen, "L.joe?" he turned his head and saw Cap, "Cap?"

Cap was right, he did look familiar and it was Changjo, "What are you doing here?"

He was going to answer but realized he was still pinned down, "Get off of me L.joe!!"

L.joe got off and helped him up, "Sorry dude."

"Okay," he dusted himself off, "for one thing, I'm ordered to invade this place, that's why I'm here. And do you guys know how much trouble you're in?"

"Uh...yea, we know," Cap scratched the back of his neck.

"And the worst part is you guys left me!!!!!" Changjo crossed his arms and pouted.

Cap and L.joe looked at him in confusion, "Wait, what?" L.joe was surprised of what he heard.

"You guys didn't tell me you were planning to rebel. I mean I was going to join you, I can't belive that you guys did all that without me!!!"

"You wanted to rebel with us?" L.joe asked.

"We're sorry Chango, we didn't know. Besides, your family is one of the...important ones that lead part of our clan, so how could we have known." Cap said while apologizing.

Changjo sighed, "But I hate it there, eating humans..yuck!" he stuck his tongue out and made a disgusted face, "I never really wanted to stay there anyway and I hated eating humans."

"Hmm... so, do you want to rebel and come with us?" Cap asked.

Changjo didn't even hesitated, "Hell yea!"

"Okay then, guess we'll have to wait until this invasion is over."

-------------------------------------------------

Niel and Chunji were in the trees, spying on some clan 13 members. Niel washed most of the goo off and didnt smell as bad anymore, but Chunji still couldnt stand it figuring how close they are. "Okay, when I give the signal, we jump out and start attacking," Niel whispered as softly as he could and it was pretty soft.

Chunji agreed and they were about to attack, but Chunji suddenly felt this pain in his chest, "Shiki...."

"What?" Niel looked at him, confused.

"Niel, I'm sorry but can you handle this on your own, I have to go."

"What, why? What's wrong?" he didnt understand what was going on.

"I'm sorry and I'll make it up to you so please," his eyes were pleading.

Niel could tell something was wrong so he nodded his head, "Okay, go."

"Thanks," Chunji jumped onto another tree and jumped off, making sure no one saw him. Then he ran, he didnt know why, but he felt something was wrong, and the fact that he had to find Shiki quick.

Chunji ran everywhere trying to find him, but couldn't, "Shiki-san! Shiki-san! Oh this is not good!" He stopped in his tracks and heard someone.

"Hey, you hear that?" it was the voice of another clan 13 member.

Chunji panicked, "No, not now. I have to look for Shiki-san, damn where is he!"

'Chunji, go right.'

Chunji froze, "Who was that?" he turned around and saw nothing.

'There's no time Chunji, Shiki needs your help, go right'

He instanly turned right and started running, he didnt know where the voice came from but he trusted it. He ran until he saw a whole area burned and black smoke everywhere. There, he saw Shiki lying there with his stomach cut open and cuts and bruises all over his body. 

"SHIKI!!!" he ran towards him and fell on his knees, tears running down his face. "Shiki..." he felt his heartbeat and noticed that he was still alive, "Shiki!! Hang in there, help will be coming," he brought out his phone and the first name that popped in his head was Niel, he dialed it.

"Hello?"

"Niel," Chunji was sobbing.

"Chunji, what happened?"

"Quick, get here, Shiki is bleeding and his stomach is cut open, he's dying!!"

"Oh my god! where are you?!?!"

Chunji dropped the phone and realized Shiki was opening his eyes, "Shiki!!! Are you okay? Please stay with me!"

Shiki turned his head and saw Chunji crying and his face was red, he lifted his arm and wiped his tears away, caressing his cheek, "Ch-Chunji...." he ignored the pain he was feeling, "I'm so glad that you're okay."

Chunji continued to sob, holding his hand that was on his cheek, "N-no, I-I'm so so sorry, i yelled at y-you, so *sniff* please stay with me, you cant die. Please Shiki, stay with me," more tears were running down his face.

"Chunji, please listen to me, I want you to be strong okay? I want you to keep fighting, and no matter what happens you have to be brave, dont let me down." Shiki looked at Chunji in the eyes, and smiled. Chunji eyes widen, he couldn't believe what he saw, this was the first time he saw Shiki smiling. And that was the last thing he saw until Shiki closed his eyes slowly.

"No! Shiki, no please!!! Open your eyes, Shiki," he didnt respond, "nooooooooo! Open your eyes Shiki, please!!!!!! You cant leave me here all alone, SHIKI!!!" Chunji started to cry harder, he couldnt believe this was true, he didnt want to.

----------------------------------------------

"Hngh."

"Shiki-san, Shiki-san, you awake yet?"

Shiki opened his eyes only to have the light burn his eyes and Niel starting down at him, "Niel? Did you die and come to hell too?"

"What? No! Chunji called me and said you were bleeding and dying, and when we found you we just saw you two laying there. And how do you know I'm going to hell huh?" 

Shiki sat up and looked down. He found Chunji sleeping on his lap and his arms were now around Shiki's waist. He looked at his own body and was shocked, he found himself completely healed, no scratch or bruise. He stared at Chunji, "This kid...."

"He seems fine to me," L.joe said facing Cap.

Shiki gently his hair, it was soft and very smooth. He kept staring at him, he looked so peaceful when he's asleep, Shiki couldnt help but smile. The others just widen their eyes in shock, Shiki....smiling? They thought it was impossible, Chunji can bring out his emotions. They didnt want to say anything, they were actually scared of what will happen if they speak.

He leaned in forward in Chunji's ear, "Arigato Chunji, arigato," (Arigato means thank you in japanese) he then placed a gentle kiss on his forehead.

"Um...would you like some water Shiki-san?" Cap asked breaking the silence and ruining the moment.

"No thank you," his face was back to the blunt expressionless one,  he looked up and saw that someone else is here with them.

"Um Shiki-san," Cap started, "This is-"

"Changjo. And he would like to rebel so you wanted to know if he could stay with us. Yes you may, I already know what happened so none of you have to explain. Changjo, later on I would like for you to come and see me, I have to hide your scent."

They all were shocked, how did he know? Especially Changjo, he just nodded his head. He couldnt believe that this was Shiki, he looked so short and young. Shiki sighed, "Yes I know, I am short and I do look young, and please refer to me as Shiki-san." He nodded his head again, and for one thing Changjo knew so far, is that Shiki is one scary guy. "Is the invasion over?"

Niel nodded his head, "Yea, it ended a while ago."

"i see," he looked back down at Chunji who was still sleeping, "Cap, would you mind carrying him."

"Oh sure," he started to walk towards them.

"Wait," he stopped in his tracks and Shiki looked back down, Chunji was starting to wake up.

"Unnnghh," Chunji slowly opened his eyes and looked up to see Shiki, "Oh.... it's you onii-chan," Chunji sounded very tired, "I guess I came to hell with you," he nuzzled against Shiki closer. But Shiki stared at him in shock.

"Chunji, I'm alive."

His eyes shot open and looked up, "Your alive! You're not dead yet, how?" the way that Chunji said it sounded different then he intended to make it sound.

"I see," Shiki got Chunji off of him and stood up, "so you wanted me dead. And you just assumed that I was going to hell, well then," he turned around and started to walk away.

Chunji got up and was shocked at the reaction he got, "No, wait! I'm sorry onii-chan, I didnt meant it like that, really. Onii-chan wait." he started to chase after him. The rest stood there shocked, except Changjo of course, he didnt know what was going on.

"Well, this is one weird day," L.joe concluded. The other two agreed with him and they followed them.

But Shiki, he wasnt mad of what Chunji said, in fact he was actually happy and smiling again at the fact that Chunji called him big brother again, but somewhere in his mind, he was wondering who ordered Ryu to kill Chunji, and that made him uneasy, but right now, he just want to focus on getting home.

------------------------------------------------------

Ok i an done the sixth chapter....

sorry for taking so long in bringing in Chango

and a help for a name for the maid would be nice.....

^_^ and you are so smart ILoveYou_Forever, it was Ryu!!!!