Ch. 34

Protectors

okay updating... you have no idea how lazy i am today... but thought i should update since i didnt yesterday

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Is this tight enough Chunji," Ricky asked, as he was done bandaging Chunji's arm. He didnt answer as he sat there on the couch, his body all bandaged up, literally. Chunji had his head down, not wanting to look up at all. Ricky glanced at Niel who also glanced back. They were worried, deeply worried, about him. With all the things that has happened and the things he found out... they know that the pain will defitnetly not go away in a day.

"I-I'll get something for us to eat and drink..." Niel said leaving the room with those two.

"Does the wounds hurt Chunji...." Ricky asked, again no reply.

There was silence around the room and Ricky couldve swore he heard crickets. ".........oice....."

Ricky was startled by the sound that he heard and he was sure it was Chunji, "Sorry, what was that...?"

"You are.... the voice..." his voice was hoarse from all the crying and yelling he did.

Ricky slowly nodded, "Yes, I was with you your whole life....."

"You were... in my head...."

"Yes... I was.."

"So you know.... all the things I went through...?"

Ricky nodded, "Yes, I protected you the best I can... but it wasnt much. Chunji....." he slowly raised his hand up to carress the other's cheek, "you are really strong... you put up with all the harsh things that was thrown at you, I really love that about you. You are strong, and without you realizing it, you really never give up at all..."

Chunji swallowed hard, "The others.... are they out fighting..."

"Yea..." the war with the clan 13 members were still going on. Shiki, L.joe, Cap, and Changjo went to help. "Chunji, I really am sorry, I didnt mean for you to get hurt or find out anything....." he got no respond from the other. He placed his hand back to where the other was.

Niel came in with some drinks and food. He placed down the tray and grabbed a glass of water. He walked towards Chunji and bent down to the floor, "Here Chunji, some water should help you relax...."

Chunji gripped his pants still facing down. He can feel himself starting to tremble. He bit lips, "I am not thirsty...."

Niel gave him a worried look, "Chunji... please drink something at least, you havent fed yourself all day..."

"I SAID I WASNT THIRSTY....." Chunji snapped as he swung his hand knocking down the glass that was in Niel's hand. It made Chunji's hand bleed again while Niel got a minor cut. Ricky went to grab some disinfect wipes.

Niel sighed, he wasnt startled at all. He knew that Chunji wouldnt be physically and mentally stable at this moment. There was silence again and Chunji tried so hard not to cry again, he was sick and tired of crying. Niel got up to get a plastic bag and a cloth to clean up the floor. As he bent down to clean he was startled when Chunji grabbed his hand that had a minor cut. Chunji got a band-aid and placed it on Niel's cut. Even though Niel couldnt see his face, he could tell Chunji was fighting back tears.

Chunji couldnt hold it in as he let the tear drops fall. Niel could feel the warm wet water drops as it fell on to his hand. Chunji brought Niel's hand up to his face, gently carressing it, "S-sorry.... *sniff* I'm sorry...."

He hated seeing Chunji like this. He wrapped his arms around the other securing him in an embrace, "It's okay... I am not mad... everything is going to be alright..." soothing the other with soft words as Chunji quietly cried into his arms.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

L.joe stood above the portal, or where the portal used to be. The last images in his mind kept replaying over and over. Running straight to the exit carrying Chunji in his arms. Jumping straight to the exit, as he was nearly gone, he glanced at the corner of his eyes to see him distracting the creature. A smile portayed on his lips as he saw they succeeded and L.joe knew at that moment he wasnt coming. L.joe knew all along, there was no way he was coming. Distracting that creature and running to the portal, no. They both knew it was impossible. He was planning on staying, he never considered leaving. he just wanted Chunji to get out safe.

L.joe glared at the ground. He hated himself for not being able to do anything, he hated to see Chunji suffer. "Why did you tell him you were going to make it," L.joe grumbled. He could have at least said nothing. "Bastard... the least you could do was tell him your name?"

"Tell who who's name?" 

L.joe turned around to see Changjo walking up to him, "Hey.."

"Hey, what are you doing out here, arent you fighting?"

He nodded, "I was...."

"So, why were you talking to yourself..." Changjo raised an eyebrow at him.

"Shut up...."

He looked to see what his friend was looking at. He placed a hand on L.joe's shoulder, "Everything is going to be alright..... besides, at least you fell for someone..."

L.joe glared at him, "..."

"That's a good thing! Man you have no idea how annoting it was for you to keep bringing people into you room at night. God I would have such a h-OW!!! What was that for," he was rubbing the spot where he got punched from his oh so loving friend who was now walking away.

"That's for being a ..."

"No! Last time I checked I was the one putting it in not getting it put in me!"

"WHAT!?!?!?!" L.joe turned around to stare at the other.

"Wait what?" Changjo gave a confused stare.

"No... I... you...what?" L.joe was confused now.

Changjo sighed as he shook his head, "You make no sense L.joe," he said as walked past him.

"I make no sense? You make no sense!" L.joe said giving the other a look.

"Whatever.... so do you think our parents knows where we are?"

L.joe nodded, "Yea, found out they disowned me..."

"Same here.... do you think they did the same thing happened with Cap?" 

L.joe nodded, "I'm sure...."

"Where's Shiki-san..... he wasnt with us when we headed out..."

He shrugged his shoulders, "Who knows, it's him. He's probably off somewhere, dealing with something big..."

"Yea... you are probably right..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Where have you been, I called but they said you werent home...."

"I wasnt, I was dealing with something."

"It has something to do with that kid, am I correct Shiki?" He smirked as he folded his fingers together.

He glared at the man in front of him, "You ordered Ryu to kill Chunji didnt you?"

He chuckled, "You are very smart, it's you of course. That kid, he's part of the negative 0 clan, am I correct..."

"His name is Chunji.... and I will not let you hurt him, he has been through enough," he got his weapon out ready to strike.

"You dare attack your boss..."

"Yes..." he was blunt and straight forward.

He shook his head, "I took you in after your family died by the negative 0 and you repay me with this," he sighed as he stood up, "I had high hopes for you."

"I could care less..."

He chuckled, "I wont let you get away.." he snapped his fingers and Shiki was already surrounded by his men, "let's see how long you can last..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ricky came back with the wipes, "Sorry i took so long, these took forever to find...." he stopped as he saw Chunji sleeping soundly his head on Niel's lap. Niel was looking down at him his hair. "He finally fell asleep huh?"

Niel nodded, "Yea, I can tell he's extremely tired. You can leave the wipes on the table."

Ricky did that as he sat across from them. "He's been crying alot...."

"Yea... I know..." he slid his fingers across Chunji's cheek, "his face is all dry.... his wounds were serious too. I was amazed that he could still stand.."

Ricky smiled, "Yea... he is a strong kid... and I should know that...."

"Yea," he went back to his hair, "Hey Ricky?"

"Yea..."

He inahled, "Did they...." Niel hesitated for a moment deciding weather to ask or not, "did they...really... tried to... eat ..him..?"

Ricky nodded, "Yea... I was panicking and practically tried to tell him... but, things happened."

"I see....." they were interrupted as Cap walked in.

"Hey.... I see that he is asleep. That's good. Is he eating?"

Niel shook his head, "He wouldnt even drink water..."

Cap nodded, "It's reasonsable. Give him some time... guessing the others arent here yet," he sat down.

"No, is the war over?" Ricky asked.

"It's ending..." Cap answered. There was silence. It was a good one, calm, relaxing, peacful. "Hey," Cap said to Ricky breaking the quiet.

"Yea?"

"Do you not remember his name? The big brother's?"

Ricky shook his head, "Regret fully I dont, when Chunji forgot, some parts of mine went away also....."

"Oh..." Cap sighed.

"And what do you mean by that!?!?!" the door slamed open revealing L.joe and Changjo as they came in.

L.joe sighed, "You know perfectly well what I mean by that." those two were arguing back and forth.

Changjo glared at him, "Right! Like I'll t-"

"SHHHHHHH!!!!" Niel and Ricky shushed those two who were shouting at each other.

"What?" Changjo said as he turned around.

"Chunji is sleeping," Cap pointed to the sleeping boy.

L.joe punched Changjo on the arm, "Yea he is sleeping, be quiet!!!"

Changjo mumbled some words under his breathe rubbing his poor arm as he was glaring at L.joe. "The war over?" Niel asked.

L.joe shrugged, "i guess, they stopped attacking." he sat down across from Cap, "why is Chunji sleeping in your lap?"

"Because Chunji likes Niel better than you," Changjo said as he was still rubbing the sore spot on his arm. He sat down next to Ricky.

L.joe glared at him, "I will punch you again.... i promise.."

Cap laughed, "Looks like you are jealous, the first if you ask me.."

L.joe then glared at Cap, "I am not jealous, it was just a question.."

"And the answer to your question is he likes Niel better than you...." Changjo said again.

"I will come over there and hit you, I swear..." L.joe said about to get up.

"Ha! Not my fault that Chunji doesnt like y-umpf"

Ricky covered his lovers mouth, "Would you guys shut up, look," he whispered as he pointed Chunji.

"Hnnnghh..." Chunji moved in his sleep, moving closer to Niel.

Niel sighed, "Thank god he is still asleep...."

"Yea," Ricky agreed, "Where's Shiki-san?"

"I'm not sure..." Cap said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shiki panted hard and shot a bullet at the boss and succeeded. "Argh..." he was clutching his shoulders. He pressed a button and knife came shooting at Shiki as it hit him and pinned him to the wall going right through his left shoulder.

Shiki hissed in pain. He got through all his men was greatly tired, "Damn..."

"You think you're going to get away, well i beg to differ," he grbbed his gun from the desk and aimed it at him. "It was entertaining to watch, and I am going to be a bit sad to see you go, but I cant have someone like you now can I," he  positioned the gun straight to his head, making sure he got the spot right. "Goodbye Shiki..." 

Shiki looked away and the gun was triggered. (I was going to end it here... but i just cant... i have to write the rest) Shiki eyes shot opened and turned his head as he saw his boss laying on the bleeding from the middle of his forehead. Shiki pulled the knife out and looked up to see who it was. His eyes widened, "You..."

"Thought you might need a little help..."

Shiki sighed, "So you finally stop pretending you were dead."

He laughed, "Nice to see you again Shiki..."

"Back to you,,,, leader..."

"So, who is going to be boss now..."

"I nominate you."

He laughed, "Most likely yes. How's Chunji, I heard what happened, sort of..."

Shiki smiled, "He's safe..."

The leaders eyes just widened, 'Did Shiki smile?'

 

Shiki and the leader walked in to see everyone sitting in the living room. "Your back," Ricky said, "and who's this?"

Shiki introduced him, "He was the leader of the protectors before me, he is now my new boss."

"What happened to the old one?" Changjo asked.

The leader cleared his throat, or boss, "There was an incident and he is gone now. You all can call me.... A."

"A?" Niel questioned. He only nodded his head.

"Chunji fell asleep. That's good, I'll go put him to bed," Shiki carried him out the room.

Everyone stared at them. "I guess Shiki is still strong... really strong..." everyone nodded in agreement. "So, you all are...?"

Shiki went to his bedroom and tucked him in. "Shiki-san... you are back. I'm glad Chunji is safe..."

"Yes," he Chunji's cheek and placed a kiss on his forehead.

"Your hurt," she sat down on the bed and started to bandage up the wound on his shoulder.

"Thank you Sharamiki.." he placed a kiss on her lips which made her turn pink. He looked back at Chunji and sighed.

"What's wrong?"

"It's coming, and it's very soon..."

She smiled, "Yes, I know....."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kk i am done!!!!!

hope you like it cuz i spent all my energy doing this

tring not to be lazy

enjoy

^_^